DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, who knew that breaking up the most dominant franchise of the last decade would make the NBA interesting again?   There are at least 5 or 6 teams that could legitimately make the Finals and a bunch more who are, maybe, a step away.  

This is a fun time to be a fan.  

And for me, tonight is awesome... Dwayne Wade's #3 is officially being retired in tonight's this weekend's game.   Here he is personally contracting the Charlotte Hornets franchise:

There goes that man... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Excited for Pocket Rockets in action, with possibly DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green showing up.  Love RoCo and PJ on the floor together.  And Russell Westbrook is great.  I've always loved his game.  Total MVP Candidate.  

The Rockets have a lot of "MVP candidates" for a :checks standings: 5th seed team ?

• Haha 2

The Lakers/Clippers game that was postponned in the wake of the death of Kobe Bryant has been rescheduled for April 9

To get this done the NBA had to move 3 other games

Warriors/Lakers goes from April 9 to April 7

Bulls/Lakers goes from the 7th to the 8th

And the Bulls/Clippers will now be played on April 6. This is the same day as the NCAA Men's final - the NBA normally runs no games on that date

With all the shuffling, the Lakers will play on 3 straight nights. The first team to do that since March 2018

I get that sports commentating has been pushing harder and harder towards homerism but holy shit, I cannot stand the Raptors' commentary crew. Whiny bunch of bitches, just like the team. Lopez moved half a second before Lowry hits him on the screen and you have Armstrong throwing a fit like it's peak Zaza or Bogut on the Warriors with the moving picks.

Edited by Oyaji