DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

@Lawful Metal is playing a "mad about being traded" CP3 & OKC your nightmare first round scenario?

No, I think it's fine.  Obviously, it would've been nice to play Utah and not have to worry about advancing, but I don't know how the Thunder match up to the small ball Rockets.  Can they even play Adams?  The nightmare scenario doesn't matter who we're playing, it's Tucker, RoCo etc. missing their wide open 3s.  I think a matchup against the Mavericks 1st round and Clippers 2nd round would be the worst scenario since the Mavs can keep up the three point pace with the Rockets and Clippers have the defense / narrative. 

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

C'mon...for @Lawful Metal, every day is James Harden Appreciation Day lol 

True that. 

Also, I'm left handed, my brother-in-law is left handed, and two of my kids are left-handed. Right handed people are weird.

Edited by Lawful Metal
  • Like 2

Lillard is the likable version of James Harden. Neither play traditionally winning basketball, usage is way too high, dodgy defense (Harden still falls asleep if his man doesn't have the ball and his man defense still has holes), but Dame hits crazy 3s and isn't at the line half of the game. 

It's nice to see LeVert put everything together in the NBA and stay healthy for a bit. He was a blast to watch in the odd Michigan game I caught. 

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If Portland makes it through Memphis, Dame is going to be exhausted by the time the first round starts. How long can a guy stay this hot?

I have a bet for pizza takeout with a bud that Portland doesn't win 2 games against the Lakers. He's been all aboard the Dame Express for a while now. I'm going to be the much less cool/rich/in-shape/talented/funny and white version of Shannon Sharpe with that LeBron dickriding, lol.

• Haha 1

Dame is my favorite player. Maybe ever. Dare I say this past week or so felt almost Jordan-ish? He just had this indomitable will to win and the Clippers clowning on him set that off. 

My second favorite player is Ja. He is unreal. He reminds me of Manu in a lot of ways. He sees the game in a way like no one else does like Manu. Ja also has 99.9999 percentile athleticism. It is over once he gets a consistent jumper. 

I am so excited for this play-in.

My third favorite player is Lowry. He is just a dog. 

I love the NBA.

• Like 2

I just wish Dame had more talent around him.  CJ is hurt right now but playing through it,  Melo is running on the last little bit of gas he has left in the tank,  Nurkic just came back though he looks good and that's about it right now.  Whiteside,  Collins,  Trent,  none of them excite me.  

14 hours ago, Jiji said:

Lillard is the likable version of James Harden. Neither play traditionally winning basketball, usage is way too high, dodgy defense (Harden still falls asleep if his man doesn't have the ball and his man defense still has holes), but Dame hits crazy 3s and isn't at the line half of the game. 

It's nice to see LeVert put everything together in the NBA and stay healthy for a bit. He was a blast to watch in the odd Michigan game I caught. 

LOL