DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

57 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I had a dream that the Rockets won the championship. I blame this thread. 

The catch was Hakeem was still playing for them and I was happy he got his third ring. 

Rockets would totally give Dream a ring if they won a chip. 

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:
It’s not Shams or Woj so ....

just in case ....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It over a hour later and no one else has said a peep so I think you are in the clear.

However - larger picture - apparently two players have already tested positive while in the bubble

Of the 322 NBA players who have been tested for the coronavirus since arriving in Orlando on July 7, two returned confirmed positive tests, the league and the NBPA announced today in a press release.

Those players were tested while self-isolating in their hotel rooms and never cleared quarantine, according to today’s announcement. They have since left the NBA’s Walt Disney World campus to isolate at home or in isolation housing. As a result, the hope is that the campus isn’t compromised and there won’t be any sort of outbreak.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

However - larger picture - apparently two players have already tested positive while in the bubble

Well If they were still self-quarantining then the system is working. They didn’t get a chance to infect anyone else. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Side Tangent - the WNBA is just as fucked up as the NBA

I dunno if this was rectified, but after seeing where they have those women staying in the bubble, I believe A'ja Wilson was correct in stating on Twitter they have them staying in trap houses. You couldn't pay me enough money to live there.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really can't explain why this one made me laugh so much

I think it's the combination of the Nets' general haplessness and Beasley being a screw-up that makes it comedy gold.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawful Metal said:

Did you know that James Harden has more career 40 point games than Kawhi Leonard has 30 point games?

Did you know Kawhi has more career rings than Harden? Plus more finals MVPs than Harden has regular season ones. I’m 99.9% sure both of those carry more weight than the generic stat you posted. 

• Haha 2

Especially when Harden has been criticized for his usage percentage and burning out in the playoffs. I feel gross now. I can't believe I just did that. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Especially when Harden has been criticized for his usage percentage and burning out in the playoffs. I feel gross now. I can't I just did that. 

This might be my favorite post ever on this board. I didn’t know whether to choose the confused reaction or the one I went with. 

To try to say something nice (and not make Lawful cry about the disrespect we’re giving Harden) I will say Harden’s beard is definitely the best in the league. 

I do wonder if the layoff might help Harden with that a lot. Having 4 1/2 months off and just a couple weeks before the playoffs might prevent him from looking completely wore out. 

Edited by Brian Fowler

So I saw this morning how the TBT had 4 back-up teams in case teams dropped out due to COVID-19 and now I am laughing at the idea of the NBA doing this

Like "The Nets have been replaced by the Cap City Go-Go!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I saw this morning how the TBT had 4 back-up teams in case teams dropped out due to COVID-19 and now I am laughing at the idea of the NBA doing this

Like "The Nets have been replaced by the Cap City Go-Go!"

That might make for better games.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I dunno if this was rectified, but after seeing where they have those women staying in the bubble, I believe A'ja Wilson was correct in stating on Twitter they have them staying in trap houses. You couldn't pay me enough money to live there.

In an article for the Players Tribune, apparently she has to take over 64 pills in order to deal with her Lyme Disease.  Given that WNBA probably don't get paid well even if you are a top player losing work can't be good for you financially