DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

The NBA is responding after several players already in Orlando shared photos of their meals on social media, which were compared to airline food, writes Gabriel Fernandez of CBS Sports. “After clearing quarantine, players will also have access to various restaurants on campus and delivery options to choose from,” a league spokesman said. “Players will receive three meals a day and four meals on gamedays. There is never a shortage of food options – players can always request additional food by speaking with their team nutritionists.”

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Harden and Russ have the Covid? 

Who would have to have Covid to shut this down?  LeBron is the obvious choice, but if both Harden and Westbrook have Covid, what is the point of the rest of the Rockets showing up?  NBA teams are surprisingly shallow.  Most teams are about a player or two from being completely and totally irrelevant.  

• Thanks 2

Since everyone is saying Harden and Westbrook will be joining the team in a few days - it seems like either they just had shit to do or they were waiting to get their test results back

Speaking of positive tests - Thomas Bryant and Gary Payton (Jr) both popped positive for the Wizards

So DC is giving the Nets a run for their money as that means they have 5 players who wont be playing in Orlando

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Who would have to have Covid to shut this down?  LeBron is the obvious choice, but if both Harden and Westbrook have Covid, what is the point of the rest of the Rockets showing up?  NBA teams are surprisingly shallow.  Most teams are about a player or two from being completely and totally irrelevant.  

I was just discussing this with my partner and we both agree...  It's not someone having Covid... It's someone dying from it. 

Doesn't matter who.

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I was just discussing this with my partner and we both agree...  It's not someone having Covid... It's someone dying from it. 

Doesn't matter who.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a high profile active athlete, in the US or Europe, that has died from COVID. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a high profile active athlete, in the US or Europe, that has died from COVID. 

No, but these professional athletes are about as big of physical outliers that exist.  If COVID was killing professional athletes, the rest of us wouldn't have much of a chance.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, supremebve said:

No, but these professional athletes are about as big of physical outliers that exist.  If COVID was killing professional athletes, the rest of us wouldn't have much of a chance.  

agreed. And at least in Europe, the footballers are probably getting the best medical attention of anyone right now. 

Worse news yet, DJMeechyMeech also got the virus. That is one thing I will forever be thankful for Lawful, posting a MeechyMeech IG post here. Dude rules.

Edited by Oyaji

I had no idea about this until I saw Woj's apology tweet. Is tweeting at Clay Travis like the even more lazier, fuckboy version of "Twitter, do your thing/magic?" There is nothing sadder than someone admitting they don't have the mental capacity to convey their own feelings even if it's something extremely easy like trolling.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think its possible a coach or ref might though.

44 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I think its possible a coach or ref might though.

There have definitely been coaches. Arsenal’s manager getting it was one of the reasons the Premier League was stopped. 

10 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I have more issue with #11 on the list not being in the top 10, and specifically behind the Bucks second best player than I do a guy on the what sixty best western conference team being 23rd. 

Edited by MavsFan77