DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Vince Carter is one of the most consistently spectacular athletes of all-time.  He had some truly awe inspiring dunks.  That's the cherry on the sundae, but he is probably the best in-game dunker of all-time and had the G.O.A.T. dunk contest performance.

...and what did he say to the fans of Toronto? "Dunking is overrated".  And refused to dunk until he was traded...for pennies on the dollar.

Fuck Wince Carter.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Is Thabo Sefolosha going to the bubble?

Shit, I totally forgot he plays for the Rockets now.

Definitely either going to be him or Sterling Brown.

• Like 1

Spencer Dinwiddie tested positive for Covid and is symptomatic.  He's been practicing with the team so this could be very bad news for the Nets.

E: DeAndre Jordan is also positive, will not play in Orlando.  

Edited by Zimbra
  • Sad 1

So according to a new post on ESPN.com its going to cost the NBA $150 million to bring the season back in Orlando. I don’t see how that’s worth it at all especially factoring in how many new cases of COVID are being found every day in Florida. 

But hey it’s definitely worth blowing over a tenth of a billion just to get Lebron another ring right? 

3 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

So according to a new post on ESPN.com its going to cost the NBA $150 million to bring the season back in Orlando. I don’t see how that’s worth it at all especially factoring in how many new cases of COVID are being found every day in Florida. 

But hey it’s definitely worth blowing over a tenth of a billion just to get Lebron another ring right? 

As a Lakers fan .... yes, yes it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CSC said:

As a Lakers fan .... yes, yes it is.

Out of curiosity, and I happened to think of it earlier while watching Get Up and hearing the hosts talk about a player possibly winning a championship and finals MVP on three different teams I wonder how many players have been on three different teams that have lost in the NBA Finals. I know Shaq, KD, and Lebron have all been on two, but I’m curious as to if anyone has been on three?

A few name folks are making rumblings about not playing but haven't officially made a decision yet

Victor Oladipo and Bradley Beal would be two of them

And then there is Dwight Howard who the Lakers are including on their roster and the team "hopes" he will join them but no one fucking knows there

With Brooklyn kinda falling apart Washington has a decent shot to at least play their way into the play-in game, so I would wager that Beal ends up going.

To be fair - I am pretty sure that was just a picture of the staging room they were using to make sure the floors were painted right and had all the pieces. Not where the games and practices are being held.

Especially when the last photo is the shot of the truck hauling them all away

From a USA Today article a few weeks ago

How NBA teams will play

The teams will play and practice at three different facilities, including The Arena (two practice courts, weights and training area, locker rooms ), HP Fieldhouse (weights and training area) and VISA Athletic Center (one practice court, weights and training area and locker rooms.

Each team also will have access to seven practice facilities that have a combined 16 practice courts on the various hotel properties. Each practice court has four baskets, a weight room and a training room. The NBA will organize practice times for each team in three-hour blocks. There will also be open gyms that players can reserve, while teams can reserve a walk-through room the side of a half-court. Each hotel has training rooms for treatment and rehab as well as meeting rooms for film sessions.

And just about this from the TV perspective - there is no way they could be running games concurrently on a set up like in that Tweet as there is no way it wouldn't get confusing (not to mention confusion over ref whistles)

This concludes me spending way too much time on something I will never watch