DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

You have to be joking me (I couldn't do the pun). How has Dolan not been physically removed from that office by Knicks fans? I can't even begin to fathom what it must be like to be a Knicks fan in general.

The Blazers Trevor Ariza will also sit out the rest of the season

He has more personal reasons

As Wojnarowski explains, Ariza has been involved in a custody case over his 12-year-old son, and the mother has granted a court-ordered one-month visitation period that overlaps with the NBA’s time in Orlando.

The NBA isn’t permitting family members to join players in the Disney bubble until after the first round of the postseason, forcing Ariza to make a choice. He has decided to spend that month with his son rather than joining the Blazers.

More transaction stuff: Rockets are waiving Isaiah Hartenstein and replacing him with David Nwaba.

Spurs sign Tyler Zeller for the rest of the season.

ETA: Malcolm Brogdon has COVID

Edited by Zimbra

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

More transaction stuff: Rockets are waiving Isaiah Hartenstein and replacing him with David Nwaba.

Spurs sign Tyler Zeller for the rest of the season.

ETA: Malcolm Brogdon has COVID

But won’t losing Isaiah and his four points, and four rebounds a game cost Houston the title they were so destined to win? After all did you know they’re undefeated in Orlando in the playoffs? (And yes that’s a BS and meaningless stat as 95% of the Western conference teams have never had to play a playoff game in Orlando. The only two that have are Houston and The Lakers)

Edited by MavsFan77
  • Haha 1

I haven't even posted in here in a while and I'm still getting quasi-quote blasted for apparently talking up Hartenstein?  Which I'm not really aware of doing.  Harty was out of the lineup long before Capela even got hurt / traded.  Sure, he had potential but he was absolutely out of the lineup after the commitment to going small.  Getting Nwaba is a good thing for the Rockets because he was one of the few people who could actually lock down Harden. 

And, until the Rockets lose a playoff game in Orlando, they're undefeated.  Deal with it. 

Also, my son's go-to on NBA2K or whatever is apparently Kristaps Porziņģis.  I've never felt such betrayal. 

edit: favorite Harty moment:

Edited by Lawful Metal
Harty Highlight

In the current climate I just figured your post was another in a long line of details I didn't know about a celebrity's past.

I was literally resigned to the fact that Vince Carter had legit committed murder and got away with it.

Then I clicked in the spoiler tag, and while I'm glad he didn't murder someone it was bitter sweet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The NBA and NBAPA confirmed that number and stated anyone who tested positive has to "satisfy the public health protocols for discontinuing isolation and they must be cleared by a doctor"

On 6/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

A reminder.  Vince Carter is a murderer.

Hide contents

Vince Carter is one of the most consistently spectacular athletes of all-time.  He had some truly awe inspiring dunks.  That's the cherry on the sundae, but he is probably the best in-game dunker of all-time and had the G.O.A.T. dunk contest performance.