DVDVR Message Board

Picture/GIF Thread v2

Elsalvajeloco

• RIPPA pinned this topic
6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I just realized the first thread is six and a half years old. We can finally get a new one!

giphy.gif

Great GIF to start with. This was so memorable, Tyson Fury out cold as Deontay Wilder celebrates thinking it was over like all of us were only for Fury to do a fucking Undertaker sit up.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, The Natural said:

Great GIF to start with. This was so memorable, Tyson Fury out cold as Deontay Wilder celebrates thinking it was over like all of us were only for Fury to do a fucking Undertaker sit up.

87397072_1077836665906191_68473540251431

The New WBC and Ring Magazine Heavyweight Champion of the World, Tyson Fury who battered Deontay Wilder in the rematch with the corner throwing the towel in the seventh round.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, The Natural said:

giphy.gif

I know Ronda Rousey eventually became the world wide face of women's MMA, but Gina Carano was the star we deserved.  She was more skilled than most people probably remember, and she has charisma that Ronda Rousey can't even imagine having.  

24 minutes ago, supremebve said:

She was more skilled than most people probably remember, and she has charisma that Ronda Rousey can't even imagine having.  

I dunno about that. Whenever they put the mic in front of her, it was so awkward. Granted, she spent the vast majority of her time under Gary Shaw and they had the bright idea of using Bill Goldberg so it's not like the TV production was the best. With that said, they moved away from her talking at all.

As for her fights, besides being like a Master Toddy instructional in a live fight, I don't recall being that impressed. She's coming into the cage at like 155-160 fighting chubby Kelly Kobold (then Kelly Kobold-Gavin iirc) who eventually fought at flyweight and probably had to take a leave of absence from working the day shift at Denny's in Chanhassen, Minnesota (shoutout to the late, great Prince). Lets keep it in perspective now. She could do a front kick. Once she fought someone her size with semblance of skill (and this is pre Jason Parillo era Cyborg who would have waxed her worse), she got put into a dumpster. She was okay.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

10 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I dunno about that. Whenever they put the mic in front of her, it was so awkward. Granted, she spent the vast majority of her time under Gary Shaw and they had the bright idea of using Bill Goldberg so it's not like the TV production was the best. With that said, they moved away from her talking at all.

As for her fights, besides being like a Master Toddy instructional in a live fight, I don't recall being that impressed. She's coming into the cage at like 155-160 fighting chubby Kelly Kobold (then Kelly Kobold-Gavin iirc) who eventually fought at flyweight and probably had to take a leave of absence from working the day shift at Denny's in Chanhassen, Minnesota (shoutout to the late, great Prince). Lets keep it in prospective now. She could do a front kick. Once she fought someone her size with semblance of skill (and this is pre Jason Parillo era Cyborg who would have waxed her worse), she got put into a dumpster. She was okay.

My comment may or may not have been about the crush I've had on that woman ever since the first time I saw her on TV.  OK, I admit it.  Are you happy now.  Damn.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

My comment may or may not have been about the crush I've had on that woman ever since the first time I saw her on TV.  OK, I admit it.  Are you happy now.  Damn.

My first thought, "Is there another Gina Carano he's talking about...must be."