DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber X - 3/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

There was a way to build Shayna as a monster with massive amount of heat.

Hooo boy that wasn't it.  That was a fucking abysmal job by whoever agented that mess.

It's nice to see WWE wants to copy AEW by having a horrible Women's Division.

Also, Can we give up on Styles being able to drag anything watchable out of Taker since Taker can't even chokeslam him fresh?

• Like 4

From a booking standpoint it was perfect in building Shayna as a monster.   But man imagine going to that show and watching that match live.  Or if this was an actual PPV.  When the only entertaining factor was trying to figure out what Asuka is saying

I know this Becky has to drop that Connor McGregor shit she has been doing off and on lately.  Connor is not a heel and Shayna is more damn sure not a face

• Like 1

If they were gonna insist on Shayna streamrolling everyone, she should've went second to last.  2 back to back segments of her just standing there for 4 minutes murdered the crowd.  And for as much shit talking the two of them were doing, when Asuka finally got in, the following segment was... underwhelming.

Gulak/DB was awesome and I hope this isn't the last we see between the two of them.

Tag Chamber match was a lot of fun

Styles/Black would have been better if not for all the fuckery and ending, but that's likely due to Styles being injured. When he heals up I'd like to see the two of them get an actual match. It looks like Styles is going to be wasted at another Mania, this time trying to drag something watchable out of Taker.

IC match was more or less pointless.

The US title and Raw tag title matches were both pretty good.

The women's chamber match was even worse than this year's men's rumble in making all the participants but the one they're trying to push as a monster look like chumps. Even with all the posturing Asuka was doing she barely got anything in.

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

If they were gonna insist on Shayna streamrolling everyone, she should've went second to last.  2 back to back segments of her just standing there for 4 minutes murdered the crowd.  And for as much shit talking the two of them were doing, when Asuka finally got in, the following segment was... underwhelming.

The crowd was chanting CM Punk before Shayna even came in. They were already dead.

Shayna already killed the NXT women's division, might as well do it to the raw women's division. I'm guessing Queen Charlotte will be a savior.

Gulak/Bryan, the Tag chamber and Humberto/Andrade were at least good. I want Gulak/Bryan vs Oney/Burch so bad.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

100% agreed on having Shayna go later in the match and steamroll everyone. I like here but she is not someone capable of filling 4 minutes of air space with just taunting, let alone a second 4-minute stretch.

I also have no idea why they didn't have Asuka spit the mist at Shayna immediately upon the pod door opening. It would have been 100% logical for her to do that given how the steamrolling had been going, and would have given a few minutes for Asuka to get some honest-to-goodness hope spots before eventually succumbing.

• Like 1

They can't make Shayna a Brock clone because there's only one Brock Lesnar.  Whatever you want to say about Brock he is a freak of nature and one of the most complete in-ring talents in WWE history who also will bump like a fucking madman to get shit over..  

Shayna is okay but she's not that so they better not think she can be Brock.. nobody can. 

• Like 1

Bryan/Gulak was so good and I want a rematch. That said, if it happens I hope it doesn't involve Gulak treating Bryan liking Vader did Inoki on the German again.

Almas/Humberto was also pretty damn good and got some great reactions as it went on.

Styles/Black did little for me. I like Taker but have zero interest in seeing him wrestle again. I would have vastly preferred Styles and Black in a normal match saved for WM. 

Street Profits vs. Rollins/Murphy was good. Dug the stuff with Owens at the end.

The handicap match for the IC Title was dumb. I have no idea why Nakamura or Cesaro would or should be fine with Sami getting the belt over themselves.

The Tag Titles EC had some great moments, and the Heavy Machinery parts were awesome. Still felt like guys were off at times and some of booking for departures was a little questionable. Considering HM were the hottest act going in I have no idea why their elimination wasn't closer towards the end.

The women's chamber match was stupid and pointless. The agent for that on should probably be fired or at least be forced to apologize to everyone else involved. This was just a waste of the chamber and everyone involved. People knew Shayna was going to win. Why did she need to absolutely monster everyone in one match? Why build up a Riott Squad feud only to have it not play out in favor of Shayna killing everyone? Why the fuck did they have Shayna eliminate everyone with so much time in between cell openings? Honestly, this is first time in a while I've actually been pissed off about a match. There has been plenty of bad booking and stupid decisions, but so much of what they were trying to do here could have and would have been better achieved on episodes of Raw instead wasting everyone's time with this bullshit. This match should have gone to women of Smackdown. Would have been less predictable, and they are honestly a little more over right now beyond their champ.

Aside from Bryan/Gulak & Almas/Humberto so much of this show felt either unnecessary or questionably, if not straight up badly, booked. The Tag titles matches were at least worth checking out as well.

• Like 2

I thought the booking of the main event was logical, i was hyped for Asuka to enter the Chamber at the end. I wish she got more offense though. 

Bryan vs Gulak was the MotN, Gulak is like Finlay, everything looks snug. Bryan had me scared at times, he's out to prove he can make anyone 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

I want Gulak/Bryan vs Oney/Burch so bad.

I hate you a little for putting a match I didn't know I wanted yet until now in my head since I know it won't happen.

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They can't make Shayna a Brock clone because there's only one Brock Lesnar.  Whatever you want to say about Brock he is a freak of nature and one of the most complete in-ring talents in WWE history who also will bump like a fucking madman to get shit over..  

Shayna is okay but she's not that so they better not think she can be Brock.. nobody can. 

If they wanted a female Brock then they should have dropped a truck full of millions in front of Ronda's house. Brock is both a freak of nature who is super dynamic in the ring and super charismatic physically. I love Shayna but she is not any of that. Its why I thought her reign of terror in NXT was moronic. Ronda on the other hand at least had the dynamic and charismatic parts down enough to a come a little closer.

This was just dumb booking all around because someone behind the scenes (HHH?) is for some reason convinced Shayna can totally be the next major thing when she can't. She can be important, but she isn't Ronda, Asuka, or any of the NXT Horsewomen.

Edited by Eivion

Part of this shitty main event angle is due to having Charlotte win the women's Rumble. She's Charlotte Flair. She could've showed up on nXt tv and said "I'm Charlotte. I ran this place. I want Rhea." There. Match set. Having to now come up with two #1 contenders in the span of just a few weeks is fucking stupid, and it's a problem they booked themselves into.

Having said that, Shayna Baszler isn't a star. She's another HHH pet project with zero charisma or ability to connect with a crowd. She can't talk or convey emotion with her expressions. She's Baron Corbin without the ability to make her opponent look good. She's Sharon Corbin. This company's insistence on making their main roster stars look like chumps in favor of nxt's "flavor of the month" is maddening, and I would have serious concerns about this company's long term vision if I were a stockholder. It was a problem headed into Survivor Series and it's a problem now. 700k people watch nXt on a weekly basis and I'm supposed to believe that Shayna is a big deal? Why? She tapped out the Riott Squad and Natalya? Why not have someone who needs the win go over in the women's Rumble and build a star? Someone with a puncher's chance of connecting with an audience? Instead it's "oh, this person was big in nxt, so the crowd will go apeshit." It's flawed booking with a roster full of indy darlings no one gives a shit about, and it's destroying their creative.

• Like 1

Thoroughly lackluster show. Who decided to give almost all their top stars the night off?

Roman, Brock, Goldberg, Cena, Fiend, Orton, Edge, Corbin, Bayley, Sasha...nowhere to be found. Taker, Becky and KO only for brief spots. A thoroughly obvious Main Event finish. Tons of botches by wrestlers, refs, announcers and film crew. This wasn't even good enough to be called a B-Show. That tag chamber was a nightmare.

Bryan/Gulak was excellent and Styles/Black should've been the main for the Undertaker angle alone.

Edited by Marty Sugar
  • Thanks 1

Oh I don't mind them trying Shayna in the main event scene and all that but booking her as Brock is a giant mistake.  There's no reason why she can't be a badass but ALSO have back and forths with some of the women especially someone on Asuka's level..  

I'm noticing they did this same thing with The Fiend and are also kind of doing it with Rhea Ripley and others where they think dominance means kicking out of everything and no selling everything and squashing people.. 

There are other ways to display dominance than being Dr. Manhattan. 

Man those dead spots during the main. Yikes. I agree with whoever said that the agent needs to be fired or apologize to everyone involved. Bryan/Gulak was dope. More of that please. I didn't even get to see the chamber tag because of the power going out. I'll have to check that out later.

Reigns should have won a Chamber match to get into his spot against Goldberg, and Shayna should have did what Reigns did in reality and just demand a title match. Shayna being the most dominant and longest reigning NXT Women’s Champion should have earned her some say when she debuted on Raw, not having to earn it inside the Elimination Chamber.

• Thanks 2

Hindsight being 2020;

Roman wins the Men's Rumble eliminating Drew last. Drew still MDKs Lesnar. Roman calls out The Fiend. Title swap happens at SaudiMania for Spear v Spear and we delay the Fiend match until SummerSlam.

Raw holds the Men's Chamber. Drew wins over Lashley, Rollins, KO, Truth & AJ. Taker costs AJ the match.

Shayna wins Women's Rumble. Attacks Becky.

Charlotte is going to 'miss out' on Mania. Paranoia sinking in. Women's Chamber is for NXT women's title shot as Regal declares it "The best women's division in the world" and WWE look to capitalize on AEW's weakness. Belair, Larae, Kai, Nox, Blackheart & Deonna Purrazzo are the entrants. Charlotte takes out Purrazzo before the match ala Edge in 2009. Charlotte steals the win form Belair to set up the match with Ripley at Mania as well as TV matches with Belair and Purrazzo.

• Like 1