DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber X - 3/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I don't mind that the EC has become the lead-in to Mania for the "other" main title shot. One brand gets their title match decided at the Rumble, the other brand gets their title match decided the next month in the EC. Makes each brand's contender earn their shot. That, of course, was thrown out this year when Reigns just decided he wanted the title shot, but.....y'know. WWE gotta WWE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Punk vs. Ryback killed the concept for me. 

The worst part or that is that the Punk/Cena feud would've made sense for that. Coming off the draw (in their absolute best match) at Night of Champions, having been feuding off and on for over a year...

WCW did the same thing to War Games when it became "it's September, time to throw guys in a double cage" instead of "we have a bunch of guys in interconnected feuds, there's only one way to settle this!"

Scheduled gimmick matches only work when there's a main title shot on the line. Rumble and MITB work, although much like the Chamber, MITB lost some steam when they started doing multiple ones on the same show.

Was the KOTR title shot at SummerSlam guaranteed any year other than 2002? I know Owen in 94 and Mabel in '95 both got the SummerSlam match, but I don't recall it being specifically for winning the tourny

• Like 1

More matches announced:

Murphy and Seth Rollins vs. The Street Profits for the Raw tag titles.

Humberto Carrillo vs. Andrade for the US title.

No DQ Match:
Aleister Black vs. AJ Styles

16 hours ago, L_W_P said:

In hindsight, Reigns winning the Rumble and challenging for the Universal title would have been a better move. It puts us on the path to Reigns v Fiend but then SWERVE Goldberg is the champ and Reigns isn't getting the match he thought he was.

Raw then gets the Chamber with AJ, Lashley, Rusev, Ricochet, Truth and Drew Mac.

Rusev and Lashley take each other out.

Truth has a good showing.

Ricochet goes for a 630 off a pod.

Taker turns off the lights to eliminate AJ

Drew wins and goes on to face the man he booted from the Rumble.

Stop being so logical! Man, it's almost like booking creative doesn't need to be that difficult. What do we know though, we're just rubes posting on an internet message board.

• Haha 1

Well then you’re robbed of Drew getting the Rumble win, which is much better for him than just an EC win.

Also, by going straight to Roman vs. Goldberg, they’re bypassing an extraneous chamber match with an obvious winner, which opens up a chamber match without an obvious winner for another group of guys. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Well then you’re robbed of Drew getting the Rumble win, which is much better for him than just an EC win.

Also, by going straight to Roman vs. Goldberg, they’re bypassing an extraneous chamber match with an obvious winner, which opens up a chamber match without an obvious winner for another group of guys. 

Hmmm, you got a point. I did enjoy that Drew Rumble win a lot. Yeah, ok, I wouldn't want to give that up.

I am terrible with wrestlingdata searches but I believe Drew Gulak vs Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson has never happened.  Just based on that alone makes me interested in this match.  And except the women's chamber match and maybe Styles vs Black I have no interest in rest of the show

Also when was the last time both heavyweight champions haven't been on a WWE PPV

Edited by hammerva

Is Styles still injured? The match with Black could be really good if he's 100%. The No DQ stip makes me think there will be a lot of fuckery involved to work around any potential injuries as opposed to having a straight match.

Gulak/Bryan is the bout I'm most looking forward to, providing they actually get at least 10 minutes.

I'm assuming Styles can't be 100% given how little he actually has done the last few weeks. Hopefully he's ready to go, because if that match isn't good, this card is looking real dire.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:37 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Was the KOTR title shot at SummerSlam guaranteed any year other than 2002? I know Owen in 94 and Mabel in '95 both got the SummerSlam match, but I don't recall it being specifically for winning the tourny

IIRC it became an official stip in 2002. 

before that, it was more of a "graduation" to the main event scene. sometimes that ended up being a title shot at SummerSlam, but not usually. 

There was a way to build Shayna as a monster with massive amount of heat.

Hooo boy that wasn't it.  That was a fucking abysmal job by whoever agented that mess.

It's nice to see WWE wants to copy AEW by having a horrible Women's Division.

Also, Can we give up on Styles being able to drag anything watchable out of Taker since Taker can't even chokeslam him fresh?

• Like 4