DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/19/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I didn’t know if they could pull it off but they did it. Cobb and Wardlow both looked great in losing and they weren’t diminished in the slightest. That moonsault was awesome and the blood was a great addition. Super fun night.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

The speed/impact of Cody's leg on Wardlow's face was crazy

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

From the last angle they showed Cody hit the moonsault (from above) it didn't look like he quite got all of it...

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see that angle again because I think he was wider than it initially looked. Unfortunately, that's not the angle that's getting spammed on Twitter. Regardless, still really good stuff.

Cody-MJF is gonna be the highlight of what's looking like a really strong show. He's such a good babyface that I actually want to see an MJF match. 

How about The Match Beyond at Double or Nothing, Inner Circle vs. Mox/Allin/Dustin and someone Jericho pisses off (Cobb? Pac?). Faces all paint up like Allin. Shit yeah.

I have to think guys like Hangman, Allin, Cassidy and Jurassic Express being as over as they are is what the guys are most proud of. Pretty awesome shit.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Happy to see Arn still has the patients to drag out his turns. Even helped Cody get a win. Not since getting into a feud with Flair just so they could jump Sting has Arn gone this deep cover to turn on a babyface.

Maybe Arn has mellowed with age and won't turn on Cody. That would be the real shocker.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

How about The Match Beyond at Double or Nothing, Inner Circle vs. Mox/Allin/Dustin and someone Jericho pisses off (Cobb? Pac?). Faces all paint up like Allin. Shit yeah.

Now watching it in action it does look like it might be designed to be used in a WarGames match. Still would suck without a 2nd ring. But at least the ring is bigger than TNA’s when they did Lethal Lockdown.

what a show. the Cage match had an epic big fight feel, great stuff. Loved the visual of the camera behind Arn's shoulder when Cody was at the door. Perfect finish, Cody comes off like the biggest star. Also really dug the finish of Moxley/Cobb. As mentioned, they found really great ways to have Cobb & Wardlow both lose clean but not come off like it hurt them at all. Tag battle royal was a lot of fun and Matt's superkick of Sammy was flawless execution.  And damn the tag titles match was amazing. Incredible sequences and spots. Fenix over the top rana on Omega looked wild. Almost bought the Lucha Bros winning after Page hit Omega, though I do wish commentary wouldn't telegraph the near fall with the whole "the Lucha Brothers are going to Revolution!" bit immediately. Loved the match overall and continue to dig Omega & Hangman as a team. Great build to Revolution.

If/when they ever do the Match Beyond, I still loved the initial looking set up of the Inner Circle vs. The Elite, but I feel like however it happens Cody (and Dustin) must be involved. 

• Like 5

I can't say enough about how much I've been enjoying these shows - I echo everything you guys have said and more. One thing I do want to touch on though is how much I absolutely love that cage design. They're going to sell a lot of toys on that thing. It's classic and over the top at the same time. Seems like a lot smoother of a process on the production side too with the cage/truss going all the way to the floor instead of the apron. 

Edit: I did think of a bit of a negative: I didnt love Nylas promo. She's good on the mic but I don't know if running down the crowd and that sort of thing really fits her character. The Native Beast should be more about fucking people up. Like I thought the "YOUR ASS IS MINE!" after she powerbombed Riho on the table a couple weeks ago was just killer. I'd like more of that with her.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 4

I loved the way how, when Dark Order guy was doing his 'The Exalted One is nearby' thing, who was sitting behind him but not acknowledged on the broadcast

Spoiler

Raven

Who would actually be totally believable in the role, but hasn't been linked with it at all

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

I loved the way how, when Dark Order guy was doing his 'The Exalted One is nearby' thing, who was sitting behind him but not acknowledged on the broadcast

Hide contents

Raven

Who would actually be totally believable in the role, but hasn't been linked with it at all

He did do the voice over for one of the videos that an internet detective figured out by speeding up the sound of the clip. Also think it was a cute little nod to the Flock, with him sitting almost unfazed by what was happening around him. Coincidentally Sammy sort of unintentionally played a Flock member after taking a bump off a spring board. I don’t think it’s him BTW. Just a little red herring that they probably knew somebody would discover easily.  

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1