DVDVR Message Board

Raw is For The Greater Good (The greater good!) - 2/17/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, w. josh said:

He really needs to be someone's sniveling underling. He's got a dorky creep energy similar to Kyle O' Reilly - I don't buy him as a mastermind or evil boss at all, but they could have gotten some mileage out of him as the second-in-command who's too dumb to know he's being used by the top guy. Too late for that now, though - we're stuck with him doing this bad Evolution hybrid cosplay for the long haul.

His best role was Jimmy Jacobs underling in the Age of the Fall.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

But yeah Shayna, damn. The parallels to Samoa Joe as a character and performer are all over the place IMO and unlike what they’ve done with Joe they need to go all the way with her and have her steamroll Becky, who’s lost a lot of steam.

I don't think Joe's going to be on Wrestlemania at all this year, given that they've ran so many tags they kind of have to build to Owens vs Rollins (Loser Leaves Town/Raw maybe). They've brought Street Profits into the gang warfare to start building towards some kind of tag-team clusterfuck which will end up being 10 minutes (because, let's face it, the Mania card is looking pretty stacked). Joe's been squeezed between the sides.

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Just watched Shayna's promo. I'm a very casual observer of MMA, so I'm hoping someone else can clarify: Just how similar to cage fighting is an Elimination Chamber match?

Not similar at all.

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

And yeah, Becky is doing the same old shit and it's not even the good shit that got her over in the first place. I'm ready for Shayna.

I understand how people like Beckys shtick and how it got her where she is now but it always comes off as forced and corny to me. Shayna does it way better and seems more natural.

• Thanks 1

My hope is that Matt Hardy comes out every week even more and more crippled demanding Randy Orton answer for his attack on Edge. Next week can be with a bigger neck brace and crutches, week after that in a wheel chair while wearing a halo, week after that wheeled out on a gurney with all sorts of tubes connected to him, you can't convince me that wouldn't be a more entertaining build than what we are likely to get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, username said:

My hope is that Matt Hardy comes out every week even more and more crippled demanding Randy Orton answer for his attack on Edge. Next week can be with a bigger neck brace and crutches, week after that in a wheel chair while wearing a halo, week after that wheeled out on a gurney with all sorts of tubes connected to him, you can't convince me that wouldn't be a more entertaining build than what we are likely to get.

Image result for zack ryder wheelchair gif

It's actually more than 7 years, so wrestling rules state that we're good to go.

• Like 2