DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-21-13

MGFanJay

Raw ratings down during football season?

The hell you say!

It was the winless Giants Vs. the blander than toast Vikings. If you can't get a good rating going up against that, then you know that your casual audiences doesn't give a crap about your goatfaced susperstar. 

Seriously, do the people here that hated Punk's kinda shooty segments, really like the "Why do you hate me Vince/Hunter? Is it because I'm short/ I have a beard/I wrestled in bingo halls?" segments that Bryan has had every single fucking week since he started his main event program?

• Like 1

Seriously, do the people here that hated Punk's kinda shooty segments, really like the "Why do you hate me Vince/Hunter? Is it because I'm short/ I have a beard/I wrestled in bingo halls?" segments that Bryan has had every single fucking week since he started his main event program?

Actually, I'd compare Punk's frequent work/shoot dressing downs of guys like Cena and Alberto in 2011 and 2012 to Hunter's promo at the end of Raw.

Both come from the same place: Insecure, narcissistic people cutting self-serving promos for no other reason than that they can. And neither doing a thing for business.

• Like 1

Pro wrestling was built on insecure, and narcissistic wrestler. And from now, and till the end of time that type of performer will always define what makes a wrestler a Wrestlemania headlining talent. Not the "Stop bullying me!" character that Daniel Bryan is currently portraying.

I wish most wrestlers had a fraction of what Ambrose has when it comes to selling. He sold the arm for the rest of the match including that clothesline he hit after getting it worked over. He was still selling the arm later in the show when he came back out.

Update: You know, for example, say Josh Matthews who gets an arm bar on Monday and shows up Wednesday night with that arm in a sling but cluelessly leans on said arm for his close up shot talking to the camera.

• Like 1

Just watched this last night.  Thought it was a really solid show.  The set-up for HHH/Bryan was great.  

I've got some complaints - Big Show doing all that crying and looking like an idiot for all those weeks completely burned down any sympathy I had for the guy and I just don't care about him as a face in this feud.  I'm all for slow builds, but that shit was just lame.  Stephanie McMahon also keeps appearing on my TV, which is a problem.  I feel like I'm missing half of this story because I have to fast forward her.  I also wish Orton wasn't involved.  I'm not sure how those two aren't more responsible for ratings being down than Bryan, but whatever, I don't really care about ratings.  And these are really small complaints, because this is still the best WWE television I've seen in 10+ years.  Lot of great characters, cool feuds, fun matches.  

I was in the camp that thought Cena was just coming back so that del Rio could chair smash his arm, but after that video, I guess not.  Wow.  That guy's a freak.

Also, I hate feeding trolls, but I hope that "Team Punk vs. Team Bryan" isn't really a thing.  I can't imagine anyone ten or twelve years ago doing this with Benoit and Eddie, for instance.  They kind of come as a package.  I'm sure Punk or Bryan would relentlessly make fun of anyone boasting/whining about comparisons in their ratings and merch sales.  

While I am still new to the whole "gimmick posting" scheme, if I was to play the role of "Dickbag Punk AND Bryan mark" would I sort of be like the Freebirds feuding with the Von Erichs AND Devastation Incorporated? If so, I'll totally do it...I love that shit.

Oh, Raw? Yeah, Bryan and Ambrose was really fun, so was the Shield and the Uso's. I've been away from the WWE for a long, long time, and lately, I've truly enjoyed their programming. Not enough to buy a PPV or anything but, hey, baby steps...

Raw ratings down during football season?

The hell you say!

It was the winless Giants Vs. the blander than toast Vikings. If you can't get a good rating going up against that, then you know that your casual audiences doesn't give a crap about your goatfaced susperstar. 

I'd thought you'd be happy that Bryan's getting shifted off to fueding with Triple H and not getting the title, and the Title fued is gonna be Orton/Show.