DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-21-13

MGFanJay

We need to see him horribly ruined in some way, and we should have seen it weeks ago, so there would some sense that Miz or Kofi were in actual danger.  The camera should carry us into some barn, into a little enclosure and we should see what Kane has been turned into:

Posted Image

or possibly even worse:

Posted Image

Or...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Caught the end of Raw I enjoyed the Usos vs Sheild tag match and I thought the contract signing wasnt bad Byran cut a great promo and I liked Triple H's WCW referenced it also seems like they are planting the seeds for Triple H vs D-Bray. Shawn is still great he his somehow equally corny and serious at the same time. Oh and the ending was a throwback to Raw days of old and who can hate that.

I only watched the main event, but I kinda want Sunday for Bryan to be about to win, the lights go out and you hear "We're here" and the Wyatts to be Triple H's last gasp/deal with the devil to keep the title off Bryan.  They do so, Triple H turns on The Shield because they couldn't get the job done, we get Shield-Wyatts in 6-mans for a while, until Wyatt Family decides they're bigger than Triple H and turn on him, too, which leads Triple H to have to go to Bryan and bury the hatchet because he needs Bryan to save WWE.  I think that'd be a pretty compelling 6 months of TV right there.

• Like 2

Bryan/Ambrose was good stuff and the Shield/Usos ruled too. Like that the Rhodes Brothers got a theme mix now.. triple threat tag should be good. Pretty good job building up HIAC tonight even if it is just five matches at this point. Elvis Khali also great.

Really liked the Cena return hype videos too. Making this return seem like a huge deal.

One weird thing about WWE is that the production has been a bit off, lately. The stupid zoom during Cesaro's giant swings for one, then it seems like half the time they miss Bryan's running knee. The first time he used it on Raw against a Shield guy (I think Rollins but it might have been Ambrose), and again tonight. It's not like he's hiding when he's about to hit it, or anything.

I think it's too obvious that Michaels would turn on D-Bry. Big Show, on the other hand... I don't know. I think 6 days is a little too short of a time frame for Big Show to sell out like that, but I guess it's possible. I thought for a minute there Triple H would yank HBK out of the special ref role when Orton complained of an agenda. This whole thing has been to get Bryan over as a star, I don't see why the (supposed) blowoff would just be for another Orton win. They've been on too big of a hot streak lately to just fuck up like that.

It's going to be interesting, though. We went from having all heel champions to possibly having all face champions (save the US title, unless a match gets announced). Don't see Cena winning, though. I think that's all just going to be one big angle or something.

Strange thought...Should we really expect Cena to not have any role in the Orton/DB angle? I could almost see Cena winning the World title, and then coming out to cost DB the WWE Title after Orton takes the knee from Bryan or after he takes a wicked Cell bump. Then Cena takes out HBK. The match ends in a no contest and the following night it's revealed Cena is in league with HHH because, of course, Cena is the face of the company. This builds to a unification tournament at Survivor Series designed to get Cena to become the unified champion. Orton vs DB in a match for the WWE Title where there must be a winner and the winner of that match faces off against Cena in the unification bout. From there, you could go with DB unifying the titles or Cena doing the same, either outcome works. 

Yeah, it's more fantasy booking where Cena turns heel, but if he's going to turn heel, it's going to work best against Daniel Bryan.

I only watched the main event, but I kinda want Sunday for Bryan to be about to win, the lights go out and you hear "We're here" and the Wyatts to be Triple H's last gasp/deal with the devil to keep the title off Bryan.  They do so, Triple H turns on The Shield because they couldn't get the job done, we get Shield-Wyatts in 6-mans for a while, until Wyatt Family decides they're bigger than Triple H and turn on him, too, which leads Triple H to have to go to Bryan and bury the hatchet because he needs Bryan to save WWE.  I think that'd be a pretty compelling 6 months of TV right there.

Why do you want to ruin the Shield with a face turn? And the Wyatts aren't over enough for this to really work.

I only watched the main event, but I kinda want Sunday for Bryan to be about to win, the lights go out and you hear "We're here" and the Wyatts to be Triple H's last gasp/deal with the devil to keep the title off Bryan. They do so, Triple H turns on The Shield because they couldn't get the job done, we get Shield-Wyatts in 6-mans for a while, until Wyatt Family decides they're bigger than Triple H and turn on him, too, which leads Triple H to have to go to Bryan and bury the hatchet because he needs Bryan to save WWE. I think that'd be a pretty compelling 6 months of TV right there.

Every. Damn. Week.

I missed the last hour, as per usual. But what I saw I enjoyed. I always get a kick out of Khali doing comedy, and I loved that Big E got this much shine the first night of his face turn.

I dont think HBK will turn heel. but I also dont think Daniel is walking away with the title either.

Ray, Kris, Sweetster and me all consecutively marking out for Shoo Baby on Twitter was hysterical. Dutch was fucking spectacular on color and you could see Lawler completely losing his shit as well. Lawler and Dutch in Memphis = warm fuzzies.

• Like 2

I think in retrospect that last few months are going to be looked at as a giant lost opportunity. The glue that was holding the HHH/Shield v. Bryan/Cody/Golddust/Big Show/ Ziggler (?)/ Miz (?) feud is now gone.

The shield no longer work for HHH.

Cody and Golddust have been reinstated and are a good distance from HHH.

Ziggler is feudless and jobbing to Orton.

Miz who for a brief moment had an opportunity to reinvent himself and be someone who should be taken seriously is stuck with the Wyatts.

The way they have toyed with a Bryan title win has tired out the audience. It's sad but each week you can hear the reactions for Bryan shrink.

Interest is down. This thread is only two pages. It was much longer at this time only a few weeks ago.

The shield no longer work for HHH.

When was this stated? Did I miss it?

Cody and Golddust have been reinstated and are a good distance from HHH.

It's been a week.

Ziggler is feudless and jobbing to Orton.

He was never a major part of the angle.

Miz who for a brief moment had an opportunity to reinvent himself and be someone who should be taken seriously is stuck with the Wyatts.

And what, the Wyatts are a comedy act now? There's nothing less serious about Miz than a few weeks ago. He still hasn't fallen back on the goofy comedy cocky MizTV stuff.Should probably wait until after HiaC to start with the sky is falling stuff, but I guess people were doing that the night after Summerslam. I think if they don't pull the trigger on the title win Sunday, then it starts to become a real problem.But hey, clearly the only way to save the WWE is to turn the Shield face and have HHH be the Wyatts' higher power, so what do I know?

I'm convinced that either Big Show gets "bought off" by HHH or HBK screws Bryan in the main event. It's just going too well.

HHH had a line last night where he told Bryan he was so over his head that he "didn't even see what was happening here."

I took that to mean "Hey dumbass, HBK is going to turn on you, just like when he superkicked the Rock to help me win on that early (the first?) Smackdown, and just like he did when he refereed my Hell in the Cell match against Taker at Wrestlemania."

Is it obvious?  Yeah, but they haven't brought that stuff up at all, which means they don't want us thinking about it.  Instead, they've been laying in the HBK was Bryan's trainer and HBK is unhappy with HHH stuff.

The dirtsheets were reporting a while back that Orton/Bryan was scheduled to be blown off at HIAC and that Orton was scheduled to be in the title picture through the Rumble. Make of that what you will.

So am I the only one who noticed them planting the seeds for a Bryan/HHH match?

The reason this thread isn't as long and that "interest is down" is due to the schedule this time of year. We get a PPV every couple of weeks right now, and because of that, it is clear to the audience that Raw is in a holding pattern because the only way to drum up interest in the upcoming PPV is to have events that majorly advance the angle at the PPV. Normally, Raw would be what drives a story forward with the hope that issues are settled at the pay per view. Right now, This pay per view is clearly not a blow off for any feuds, and is just a stepping stone to puss us forward. I think discussion will pick back up then, but right now, we don't really have much to talk about. I mean, how many posts can their be arguing about who is going to turn? I think most everyone is taking the wait and see approach. 

As for what actually happened on Raw, I think I liked the Bryan/Ambrose match more than most, even if it was a little paint by numbers from both. I think this show was pretty cut and dry in terms of what worked and what didn't. I really liked the Goldust/Cody mash up theme. 

I also loved JBL suggesting that anonymous was helping Big Show take over the satellite feed. It made me think about Big show wearing a Guy Fawkes mask and his singlet and being quite possibly the least anonymous person ever.  

• Like 1