DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/12/2020

Dolfan in NYC

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

Well...except for calling Nyla Rose the king of the mountain.

I KNOW HE DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT, but it's like hearing my mom say something unintentionally offensive. I just shake my head.

That was a Booker T "Tell me he didn't just say that." moment.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I don’t like the show opening with the tag teams in the ring for the introductions.  I would think the idea is to get the show off and running but you need to actually do that then. Joining in media res is a fine idea but you need to give the audience something exciting to grab onto. As it was, you cut the pop of the entrances for the lesser pop of the introductions. If it’s me, you either do the normal intros or start with the bell ringing.  If you start at the bell ring, you rely on your announcers to bring the audience up to speed.

Nyla being ladies champ is fine I guess. She’s still got some issues pertaining to her stuff (foot work, pacing, air of menace) but she’s not a terrible option as she stands out. Riho hasn’t changed in that I don’t believe in her offense and I don’t feel an emotional connection to her due to that disconnect and lack of character. I have no interest in her chasing. The division is on one hand shallow and still suffers from people not being around (Riho previously and Statlander now).

My thirst for Dustin-Hager has cooled a ton.  It seems so long ago without the two of them acknowledging each other that I’m over it.

Statlander was in the backstage segment with Nyla. Britt, Bunny, Statlander, Leva, and Swole were all backstage when Nyla and Kenny had their discussion.

The premier of Survivor, and also Chicago PD probably had an impact on the viewership, because PD was coming off a big cliffhanger last week.

Random thoughts:

- Overall the best episode of Dinamite or in the Top 3.

- Thank god the Nightmare Collective is over, but I'm gonna miss Brandi saying Xzibit on commentary.

- Holy shit, how over is Page right now? He was getting a much bigger reaction than Omega tonight. I can't get enough of him booting people in the face every show. He should come out of this storyline as a HUGE star and is on his way to be the most popular guy in the company. 

- Also loved Kenny showing some edge and returning the kick to Scorpio Sky instead of being the classic nice Kenny he always is. This was an excellent match and much better than the title change in the cruise. Perfect pace.

- That DVD from the top by Nyla was beautiful.

- I loved then Excalibur said you could buy an eye-patch on their website and JR and Tony were like "wtf seriously?". Meeeeerch Freaaaaaak.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Every week when I look at the ratings, I'm stunned by how many people watch cable news opinion shows. It's really cutting into NXT's main demo.

Surprisingly, the impeachment thing (the House vote) H2H somehow didn't hurt NXT and they won that week if you remember.

But seriously, those shows have always been strong as far as ratings go.

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hey, if they can draw the M/M BDSM audience while staying inside Warner Media's Standards and Practices guidelines, more power to them.

Well, Butcher, Blade and The Bunny is  there if they were to go that route.

And yes I may regret this post later, and by later I mean within a minute.

3 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Just download Brain Stew by Green Day. 

That used to be true though with the remix it has enough of a remix to make not sound completely like Brain Stew.  Actually does sound better with the recent one he's using.

Though the one he first used is readily available on Youtube so I'm sure it's a matter of time before the newer versions gets on there.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That used to be true though with the remix it has enough of a remix to make not sound completely like Brain Stew.  Actually does sound better with the recent one he's using.

Though the one he first used is readily available on Youtube so I'm sure it's a matter of time before the newer versions gets on there.

This isn't the first Brain Stew ripoff. Bad music <3s good wrestling.

Dustin's theme is knockoff Papa Roach, everybody

• Like 1