DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 25: Anderson vs. Błachowicz II (2/15/2020) - Rio Rancho, NM (Santa Ana Star Center)

Elsalvajeloco

ENzkKaZW4AQqDho.jpg?1578538830

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 25: Anderson vs. Błachowicz II 
February 15, 2020
Rio Rancho, NM (Santa Ana Star Center)

Corey Anderson (205) vs. Jan Błachowicz (206) - Błachowicz, KO (punches), R1 (3:08)
Diego Sanchez (171) vs. Michel Pereira (170) - Sanchez, DQ (illegal knee to grounded opponent), R3 (3:09)
Montana De La Rosa (126) vs. Mara Romero Borella (125) - De La Rosa, DEC (unanimous)
Brok Weaver (156) vs. Kazula Vargas (156) - Weaver, DQ (illegal knee to grounded opponent), R1 (4:02)
Rogério Bontorin (126) vs. Ray Borg (128)* - Borg, DEC (unanimous)
Landon Vannata (156) vs. Yancy Medeiros (155) - Vannata, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Tim Means (171) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (171) - Rodriguez, SUB (modified guillotine choke), R2 (3:37)
John Dodson (133.5) vs. Nathaniel Wood (136) - Dodson, TKO (punches), R3 (0:16)
Jim Miller (156) vs. Scott Holtzman (156) - Holtzman, DEC (unanimous)
Devin Clark (205) vs. Dequan Townsend (202) - Clark, DEC (unanimous)
Casey Kenney (135.5) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (136) - Dvalishvili, DEC (uninimous)
Macy Chiasson (135) vs. Shanna Young (134) - Chiasson, DEC (unanimous)
Mark De La Rosa (126) vs. Raulian Paiva (126) - Paiva, KO (punches), R2 (4:42)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Daniel Rodriguez
Performance of the Night: Jan Błachowicz
Fight of the Night: Jim Miller vs. Scott Holtzman

Attendance: 6,449
Gate: $596,820

Cancelled Fights:
Tim Means vs. Ramazan Emeev - Emeev Withdrew From Bout
Devin Clark vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov - Antigulov Withdrew From Bout
Macy Chiasson vs. Nicco Montaño - Injury to Montaño (MCL Sprain)

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

• jaedmc pinned this topic

Funny how Michel Pereira lost to no-nonsense guy that didn't have a tonne of skill but was just more determined than Michel and they're sticking him in there with perhaps the most hardheaded, dogged UFC fighter of all time in Sanchez. That's a test. I kind of actually dig it over them lobbing Pereira a can't miss type of rebound fight. If he loses, he probably wasn't going to be a big deal anyway. If he wins, he shows growth and beats a famous, beloved name.

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Funny how Michel Pereira lost to no-nonsense guy that didn't have a tonne of skill but was just more determined than Michel and they're sticking him in there with perhaps the most hardheaded, dogged UFC fighter of all time in Sanchez. That's a test. I kind of actually dig it over them lobbing Pereira a can't miss type of rebound fight. If he loses, he probably wasn't going to be a big deal anyway. If he wins, he shows growth and beats a famous, beloved name.

Yup, that's the whole point of the fight besides also having an entertaining bout. Pereira would probably be best advised not to go full Will Ospreay early this time. That would help his cardio.

The UFC sorta walked into Johnny Walker. With Pereira, there was a chance his luck was going to run out before long. His record is a bit spotty as opposed to Walker, who pre-UFC at least lost to future UFC vets. He can show against Diego if he can turn it around or if he is indeed what his record reflects.

Wood was getting up but it I ain't going to complain about a close call on an early stoppage. Looked like Dodson wasn't committing to his punches because he doesn't have the speed he once had, but he did look quicker than he has recently. 

• Like 1

I don't know what it is about Medeiros (maybe his frame or his facial expressions), but he looks like he gets shaken up just a little with every punch landed on him. It's not that Vannata was really sitting down on his punches either.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

(Indirect) Crazy Horse highlight on a UFC show in 2020. 

That would be like showing highlights for a HW boxing prospect and 54 year old Oliver McCall (who still fights btw) shows up. You don't know exactly how to feel really.

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Solid connection though! ?

Was about to knee him Keith Hackney style then go for some Coleman headbutts from guard.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but what the hell?

That knee reminds of when All Japan and New Japan had that little invasion/working relationship in like 2001, and Mitsuya Nagai decided to fucking kick Takashi Iizuka hard as hell in the head like 10 times in the corner before knocking out him cold legit with a stiff kick to the jaw and kneeing him flush in the face after he was knocked out. That put Iizuka out of action for over a year. Motherfucker thought he was in PRIDE FC.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 2

Was that what gave Iizuka the wonky eye? I remember it vaguely as that was when I was getting into Japanese wrestling and I was trying to consume everything I could as a poor high school student. If I didn't watch it, I read about it on the creep's website.

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Was that what gave Iizuka the wonky eye? I remember it vaguely as that was when I was getting into Japanese wrestling and I was trying to consume everything I could as a poor high school student. If I didn't watch it, I read about it on the creep's website.

I'm not sure, but several years earlier at WrestleWar 92, he had an infamous match tagging up with Fujinami when he was still Takayuki against the Steiners. It was an incredibly stiff match where Iizuka's eye got swollen up bad. It may be a condition from that match if it was the same eye. He also may have had a concussion in that match as well cause the Steiner took ALL the liberties in that match.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco