DVDVR Message Board

The All Encompassing Star Trek Thread

Eivion

Spoiler

Thought the latest episode was good. Dug everything with the Riker and Troi. I loved seeing them interact with Picard, and they did a decent job dealing with Soji's revelations about herself. Dug Jurati breaking down from all the stress and guilt of her actions up to this point. The only negative point for me was Hugh's death. I'm pissed they made me think he might survive for just a bit before taking him out. Should have known they wouldn't let both him and Elnor make it out.

I assume we finally reveal just what the hell has this cult/organization so scared of synthetics next week. 

13 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It may not be perfect, but I fucking love this show.

That said, fuck them for killing off Hugh.

Well, it looks like Seven is going to get her several hundred pounds of flesh for that one next week...

• Like 1

There's something odd about Riker having a complete Fortress defense system in his backwater house.  Of course, Picard has 2 ex-Tal Shiar watching his so that probably evens out.

19 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It may not be perfect, but I fucking love this show.

That said, fuck them for killing off Hugh.

His last words should have been “Geordi....” *death rattle*

Loved the latest episode, but yeah, its kind of funny how Mass Effect has blatantly influenced this latest Star Trek. I don't dislike it, but it is rather amusing.

Also Narissa totally needs to be murdered by the end of this season. I'm going to be so disappointed if Seven or Elnor don't gank her out of existence.

For some reason I thought the season was ending this episode. Glad I'm wrong as I'm way too curious about whats coming next week.

Wonder how many Deep Space stations there are now. today confirmed they have at least up to 12.

7 hours ago, Raziel said:

Federation = Quarian

Borg = Collectors

The Romulians would be the Quarians. The Federation chose to just not deal with synths anymore opposed to actively trying to take them out. 

The Borg don't seemingly to have a relation to whatever the Reaper equivalent race is going to be called.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Wouldn't 8472 be the equivalent of the Reapers?

Not really. 8472 were just a threat to the Borg and generally looked to protect themselves if I'm recalling correctly. The Reaper equivalent would be whatever synthetic species that left the message the Zhat Vash found.

14 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Just started Picard(two episodes in), so I'm diving deep into the thread to avoid spoilers, but what ever happened to Lore anyway? 

Killed and dissembled by Data in TNG's Season 7 opener.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I have been waiting for a Lore reference. 

I was waiting for the swerve that Dr Soong was really Lore, since this story is not wholly dissimilar to the Crystalline Entity plot. 

That revelation might still be coming...

On 3/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, Raziel said:

Oh, oh, Elnor best be collecting Narissa's head by the time this show is over.

I accept Seven Sparta kicking her off a ledge in the Cube.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, odessasteps said:

I had a bad feeling watching that 

Reveal hidden contents

Picard is going to end up with his brain transfered into the synth instead of Dr Soogn.

Right out of the Moffat playbook. 

• Like 2

Well, fuck, the Reapers actually are the Reapers. 

That was a satisfying end to the first season. What happened with Picard was kind of predictable after last week, but I dug how it was used to give Data a nice sendoff.

• Like 1