DVDVR Message Board

The All Encompassing Star Trek Thread

Eivion

14 hours ago, Raziel said:

The crew: Kirk had Spock to time travel.  I know, let's use this Borg Queen!

Me: Did any of you assholes bother to look for your fucking sentient android friend?

If you're talking about Soji/ Dahj I thought they wrote her out in the first episode with a Roddenberry amount of cleavage. She wasn't on the Stargazer. And all the other androids created by Soong are slaves so there's no Data. Who are you talking about, man? Am I forgetting someone?

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

If you're talking about Soji/ Dahj I thought they wrote her out in the first episode with a Roddenberry amount of cleavage. She wasn't on the Stargazer. And all the other androids created by Soong are slaves so there's no Data. Who are you talking about, man? Am I forgetting someone?

it was Soji.  Rafy and Elnor weren't on the Stargazer either, but they're memories were included (obviously because of Q). Soong still did something (by his statue).  I was just wondering, since Q apparently went through pains to set everyone up in positions that Picard would connect with all of them, why leave Soji out.  Especially if PIcard is STILL in his synth body.

Of course, Soji could show up next week to pull everyone's ass out of the fire.

Since Spiner is making an appearance as a Soong, next episode could definitely have a Soji reveal. Like, she's his perfect creation but it's "our" Soji.

I want to make a drinking game where every time Q raises an eyebrow you take a shot. Then fight a Nausicaan.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Latest episode was solid. Interesting to see something off with Q. 

I'd be surprised if we got much Soji. We saw her story last season so I wasn't expecting much of her in this and the next. With the setup they did here, it makes sense they wouldn't think to look for her as she was nowhere near the situation with the Borg Queen on the Stargazer. Most of the crew were just trying to adjust as quick as they could so they wouldn't get killed opposed to looking for everyone else. They mostly found each other by "chance." I assume Q set it up that way.

I didn't think that Q was actually any worse than usual, so the Picard bit was sort of out of now where. Q's always been an arrogant prick, so it would have been nice to have Delancie even more over the top if Q went mad.

I hope we spend as little time in 2024 as possibl, though given this is 2024 and LA... the Bell Riots might be take place again and if they revisit that we might get a [REDACTED]. If they want to be really ballsy they'd use one character for TOS as The Watcher, but I doubt they want to revisit Assignment: Earth that badly

James

Boy, given the Borg's history and everything that's happened in Trek, there's NO WAY Agnes' screwing around in the Queen's head is going to become a problem later, at all.

"Don't make waves and get noticed!" - Rios proceeds to make waves and gets noticed.  

And now JH really makes me want them to have some DS9 overlap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

"Don't make waves and get noticed!" - Rios proceeds to make waves and gets noticed.  

What I like is most of that was just shit luck on his part. Like Rios was just a magnet for bad shit.

OK I have three theories about the The Watcher

1. Ben Sisko  His relationship as The Prophet and him being in LA 2024 make this a possibility. It means we get to deep fake Avery Brooks

2. Gary Seven  I even laugh at myself for thinking this

3. Guardian of Time - They just used the Guardian in Discovery. The fact that Picard opted to use the slingshot method and not the Guardian sees really crazy to me.

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

What's going to happen is that it's just going to end up some random Temporial Agent... or Daniels.  Or any of the several Janeway pissed off during her career.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, Raziel said:

What's going to happen is that it's just going to end up some random Temporial Agent... or Daniels.  Or any of the several Janeway pissed off during her career.

I'm placing an outside bet on Q's son from the Voyager stuff

By complete coincidence, I was watching the TNG episode "The High Ground" (an episode I remembered being far better than it actually was, DS9 handled this theme much better over the years) yesterday and when Data lists examples for the efficiency of terrorism he includes "the Irish reunification of 2024". Apparently, due to that this episode did not air in the UK and the Republic of Ireland for almost three years (and then that part was edited out). Chances of any callbacks to this "reunification" in Star Trek: Picard are obviously (less than) zero.

Ok... I've got issues with episode 4 if Picard but it might be my memory is wrong and I have to go back and watch both episodes of "Time's Arrow" to clear some shit up.

This is a problem because I fuckin hate "Time's Arrow"!

James

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

Ok... I've got issues with episode 4 if Picard but it might be my memory is wrong and I have to go back and watch both episodes of "Time's Arrow" to clear some shit up.

This is a problem because I fuckin hate "Time's Arrow"!

James

I read that since this is a 2024 that leads to the Federation never happening, the events of Time's Arrow never happened, so no Data's head and no awful Mark Twain impersonator. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I read that since this is a 2024 that leads to the Federation never happening, the events of Time's Arrow never happened, so no Data's head and no awful Mark Twain impersonator. 

Oh goddamit... now my brain is all full of ice cream headache and rage

James

That actually makes less sense. If its 3 days until the event that xhanges time happens then the previous timeline is still in play... or is this some quantum mechanics bullshit that will make me go crosseyed?

James

• Like 1

So it's not the Bell Riots, that doesn't happen til September.  I don't recall anything about a Europa mission.

And I don't know what to make of the Watcher stuff yet.

It is kinda amazing that 2024 is the divergence since in 2026  WW3 has to happen and Cochren develops Warp Drive by 2063.