DVDVR Message Board

Behind Every Man... - Raw - 2/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I guess Shayna "bites" Becky's forehead open at WrestleMania, and the flow of blood (capsule) causes her to pass out in the Kirifuda Clutch. Becky gets her Austin/Hart I Quit moment, and eventually gets her revenge at Summerslam. Or maybe it doesn't mean shit for the rest of their feud, and the nape of people's necks getting gnawed on is a new staple of bladeless blood like coughing up blood from internal injuries. 

• Like 1

Becky was over all night long. Petty nit-picking the phony reality of WWE to stimulate your dopamine receptors aside, Becky driving the ambulance and then returning in said ambulance for a straightener was bad ass. All it was missing was Becky stitching herself up on the roadside. 

Raw's hit a bit of a hot streak recently. There's stories all over the show. The only thing I forwarded was the Mojo/Outlier/SP stuff, partly because I'm not a fan of any of them, but even that ended with forwarding some kind of story arc. 

I don't think Seth has the acting chops to pull off the Messiah, but I appreciate that he's giving it a shot. He needs to work on his cadence, and internalizing some bible passages wouldn't go amiss. 

Also hot crowd tonight! They popped for what they were supposed to. Maybe it's an indictment of how good Raw has been, or that the town is just super enthusiastic generally, but I enjoyed their interaction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't mind fake blood if it looks like real blood. This didn't.

Or go full ridiculous and have it look like the movie blood from the 60s (specifically Peckinpah and Leone) where it looks like paint from your 9th grade art class.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I guess Shayna "bites" Becky's forehead open at WrestleMania, and the flow of blood (capsule) causes her to pass out in the Kirifuda Clutch. Becky gets her Austin/Hart I Quit moment, and eventually gets her revenge at Summerslam. 

This would be a weird callback - passing out bloodied made Austin; Becky’s already been made, and there’s a non-zero possibility of a contrarian Mania crowd wholly turning on it or taking it the wrong way. It also puts a fairly low ceiling on Main Roster Shayna in terms of longevity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ruby wanting to Liv to only be a follower is interesting. This would work even better if Logan was with Ruby instead of trying to face Charlotte and Rhea on her own only to get destroyed.

They could still go that way if Logan joins back up with Ruby after failing to go her own way.

• Like 1

I haven't watched RAW since October but decided to check it out last night, a couple of thoughts:

• When did Buddy Murphy lose his first name?
  • Drew McIntyre and MVP had a pretty good segment. I'm loving Drew being an ass kicker, while actually being personable and interacting with the crowd.
  • Matt Hardy defending Edge was weird, but the Lita chant was even weirder given what happened.
  • Shayna needed to bite Becky's nape in order to get her Titan ability in time for Mania. 
  • I love the Street Profits but it feels like their just doing nothing. I could be wrong though.
  • Askua vs. Becky was a damn good match. 

3 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

This would be a weird callback - passing out bloodied made Austin; Becky’s already been made, and there’s a non-zero possibility of a contrarian Mania crowd wholly turning on it or taking it the wrong way. It also puts a fairly low ceiling on Main Roster Shayna in terms of longevity. 

Moment as in the actual visual of her passing out in the submission (caked in blood); as opposed to her tapping out clean to Asuka at last year's Royal Rumble. I didn't mention any other mumbo jumbo about crowd reactions or career trajectories.  You think that's the worst ceiling they can set for Shayna? She'll probably lose the title back to Becky at the pay-per-view right after WrestleMania. 

1 minute ago, The Outsider said:

I haven't watched RAW since October but decided to check it out last night, a couple of thoughts:

• When did Buddy Murphy lose his first name?
  • Drew McIntyre and MVP had a pretty good segment. I'm loving Drew being an ass kicker, while actually being personable and interacting with the crowd.
  • Matt Hardy defending Edge was weird, but the Lita chant was even weirder given what happened.
  • Shayna needed to bite Becky's nape in order to get her Titan ability in time for Mania. 
  • I love the Street Profits but it feels like their just doing nothing. I could be wrong though.
  • Askua vs. Becky was a damn good match. 

In order: 

• That happened last week
  • Drew (and others) showing their personality is a Heyman thing and started happening about a month ago.
  • Yeah.  Matt's being a very good soldier on his way out.
  • I always wanted a crossover event Attack on Titan A.E.. But I'm weird.
  • You're right.  They're doing nothing. They need to be in a feud for the tag belts the literal second Seth & Buddy Murphy lose them
  • Yep. 
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Remember when Vince complained about AEW and "blood and guts"? ?

Meltzer was joking about this on the radio show this morning and recalled a time like in the mid 90s when Vince directly complained to Dave about "everyone signing all his guys"

• Haha 1

OH! Speaking of Meltzer.

This morning when talking about the Matt Hardy/Randy Orton thing.

It was brought up that the Matt/Edge/Lita stuff was 15 years ago and Dave told a story about how The Rock was off doing movie work and wasn't watching wrestling. And as he was promoting a movie, a couple of reporters asked him about the Edge/Matt Hardy stuff and Rock called Dave in a panic asking what the fuck was going on because he wanted to be prepared for how to answer the questions.

Buddy Murphy dropping Buddy from his name and just going by...Murphy...is so fucking dumb. Just calling him Murphy is lame. It's like CAWs in video games where you assign them a name that the announcer will say and it's just one name so they come out and it's like, "And coming down the aisle...Murphy" followed by dead silence. Murphy is a dude that comes out to pump out your septic tank or he'll give you a quote on new windows for your home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

He is, but also damn was Cedric great last night. That run of offense he had before slipping on the proverbial banana peel was awesome. I don't know where he's been but he should stick around, even if he's gonna fill a Tozawa role. 

Ricochet's dive before that commercial break with the tuck'n'roll at the last possible second was so cool, and the finisher (I can't remember how many degrees that is) just splattered Lashley. I wish we had a match with him and Hijo del Vikingo. 

Points to Ruby for the Germs pin. Now go take back Sarah ya goofus! (What did the back of her jacket say, 'Riott's Not Dead'?)

When is Joe just gonna grab the mic out of Seth's hand before he starts yammering on and pitches it down the ramp? And QUIT TAKING PEOPLE'S FIRST NAME AWAY DAMMIT.

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

Buddy Murphy dropping Buddy from his name and just going by...Murphy...is so fucking dumb. Just calling him Murphy is lame. It's like CAWs in video games where you assign them a name that the announcer will say and it's just one name so they come out and it's like, "And coming down the aisle...Murphy" followed by dead silence. Murphy is a dude that comes out to pump out your septic tank or he'll give you a quote on new windows for your home. 

I don't love it, but if they're going with Rollins leading his group as the Monday Night Messiah, it makes Murphy fit in with Akam and Rezar as one-named followers. I'm guessing that it's for that reason