DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

Well at least for the first game of spring training, the Astros handled the situation by confiscating signs and starting none of their starters from last year.   I mean I thought they had to start at least 2 guys 

And the game was cancelled after 2 innings on a rain delay.  So even Mother Nature is saying fuck the Astros 

Edited by hammerva

And to go back to stupid blackouts again

All Blue Jays games will be blacked out on MLB.TV in Canada now

You have to Sportsnet NOW since Rogers Media doesn't have enough money yet

• Haha 1

The A's losing Bay Area radio is scary... just a few years ago they were on the only FM Sports channel in the region-  and they walked away from that because that station talked more Giants and Warriors than anything else (they infamously posted a gif of a "it's not us its you" on their last day).

I'm not sure what's going to happen to the A's anymore. Oakland might be the most inept city to try and get anything done... their new stadium looks amazing on paper- but we are so accustomed to Murphy's Law around here that we acknowledge that as a pipedream.

In terms of the A's possibly relocating  - I would say that in terms of A's fans predictions we are thinking it's going to be Portland.

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:38 AM, Wyld Samurai said:

The A's losing Bay Area radio is scary... just a few years ago they were on the only FM Sports channel in the region-  and they walked away from that because that station talked more Giants and Warriors than anything else (they infamously posted a gif of a "it's not us its you" on their last day).

I'm not sure what's going to happen to the A's anymore. Oakland might be the most inept city to try and get anything done... their new stadium looks amazing on paper- but we are so accustomed to Murphy's Law around here that we acknowledge that as a pipedream.

In terms of the A's possibly relocating  - I would say that in terms of A's fans predictions we are thinking it's going to be Portland.

All that fuckery with The Game was so weird. Like, no shit that SFG and GSW are bigger deals. Not that I buy SFG as a bigger deal than OAK, but lots of sellout crowds and the ability to talk about Bumgarner yelling at a Dominican guy probably is more "newsworthy" than the Athletics playing good to great baseball in front of 19000 people every night.

Then to land on whatever the fuck KTRB was. Conservative political talk and a flagship MLB radio transmission? The A's were pissed when The Niners or Raiders or GSW got discussed, but didn't give a fuck that they weren't even on a sports talk channel?

The idea that they wanted to build at Howard Terminal, a place that outside of the Amtrak stop at Jack London Square isn't very well served by public transpo showed me that the A's don't have any intention in staying. It's super evident that the land on which they already reside needs to be the deal.

GSW gone, fuck 'em.

Raiders gone, fuck 'em.

Blow up the motherfucking Coliseum, it's not like anything is going to land there anymore anyway now that GSW's new joint is open. Same goddamn thing happened when the Kings got their new spot downtown Sac. Arco Arena is sitting empty and unused, and now the Kings get to make a mint off selling it back to they city to build a new zoo or some such shit.  

Clean up the space and build while OAK gets one or two more seasons out of the yard, then demolish it and make whatever use of it the City's imaginary plan is for that spot. A's don't have to go anywhere, they get treated with a modicum of respect as the last major sports franchise in town. It disgusts me to watch them suck off the Raiders time and time again and OAK and the city and the League can't figure out a way to get it done.

I'm well aware it's not anywhere near as easy as I make it out but goddamn, it's not that fucking hard, either.

• Like 2

Giancarlo Stanton injured his calf and probably will miss the rest of Spring Training and possibly the start of the season

At some point, Marlins fans will not be sad about that trade

We'll see how Jose Devers pans out. Also, I could have sworn I paid for a review after that mess, but looking back I guess I didn't.  

Though I did give you Sasha-Bayley in Brooklyn later, which broke you, so that's good enough. 

On 2/25/2020 at 3:18 PM, grilledcheese said:

All that fuckery with The Game was so weird. Like, no shit that SFG and GSW are bigger deals. Not that I buy SFG as a bigger deal than OAK, but lots of sellout crowds and the ability to talk about Bumgarner yelling at a Dominican guy probably is more "newsworthy" than the Athletics playing good to great baseball in front of 19000 people every night.

Then to land on whatever the fuck KTRB was. Conservative political talk and a flagship MLB radio transmission? The A's were pissed when The Niners or Raiders or GSW got discussed, but didn't give a fuck that they weren't even on a sports talk channel?

The idea that they wanted to build at Howard Terminal, a place that outside of the Amtrak stop at Jack London Square isn't very well served by public transpo showed me that the A's don't have any intention in staying. It's super evident that the land on which they already reside needs to be the deal.

GSW gone, fuck 'em.

Raiders gone, fuck 'em.

Blow up the motherfucking Coliseum, it's not like anything is going to land there anymore anyway now that GSW's new joint is open. Same goddamn thing happened when the Kings got their new spot downtown Sac. Arco Arena is sitting empty and unused, and now the Kings get to make a mint off selling it back to they city to build a new zoo or some such shit.  

Clean up the space and build while OAK gets one or two more seasons out of the yard, then demolish it and make whatever use of it the City's imaginary plan is for that spot. A's don't have to go anywhere, they get treated with a modicum of respect as the last major sports franchise in town. It disgusts me to watch them suck off the Raiders time and time again and OAK and the city and the League can't figure out a way to get it done.

I'm well aware it's not anywhere near as easy as I make it out but goddamn, it's not that fucking hard, either.

Howard Terminal was a distant 3rd for the A's in their site search. Ot was however, the #1 spot that the vocal fans wanted as the future home. It wasnt until Lew Wolff stepped down that the A's changed course after the Laney College debacle. I honestly believe that the A's want to build in Oakland - I just dont think it will ever get done. It wouldn't be hard for a ferry stop to be added to Howard Terminal like they did for China Basin & PacBell.