DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

FS1 apparently is airing old This Week In Baseball episodes. Today's was from April 3rd, 1977. god, that theme, it took me back.

TWIB Notes~

• Like 2

There was TWIB segment with a couple guys, maybe Dykstra and McDowell? John Kruk maybe? Whatever, not important.  The players explained the process behind chewing up a big glob of bubble gum, then just as the sugar started to break down and your gum gets nice and gooey, you cut a plug and wrap your gum around it and have yourself a wonderful chew of gumbacco for the duration of the game.

What a fucking TV show. Can you imagine the outrage if that segment aired today? Does my heart good to remember the good old days, when my favorite sport's stars wanted 12 year old me to get gum cancer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Do not want.

Why not?  Apparently, they are working with federal health officials, and have been assured enough tests will be available by then to test frequently and get rapid results.

I'm not overly interested in empty stadium games either, but it may be the best they can do at the moment.  It seems entirely possible "normal" will not really come back until a vaccine is ready, so it seems like the smartest strategy is to figure out how to be able to open up some of these things and still protect people.  If life the next few years is supposed to consist of us hiding in our homes and avoiding people and outdoors as much as possible, we might as well turn out the lights now.  People will have no quality of life and 90% or more of all businesses worldwide will crash and burn.  Not worth it to me, at least.

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Why not?  Apparently, they are working with federal health officials, and have been assured enough tests will be available by then to test frequently and get rapid results.

I'm not overly interested in empty stadium games either, but it may be the best they can do at the moment.  It seems entirely possible "normal" will not really come back until a vaccine is ready, so it seems like the smartest strategy is to figure out how to be able to open up some of these things and still protect people.  If life the next few years is supposed to consist of us hiding in our homes and avoiding people and outdoors as much as possible, we might as well turn out the lights now.  People will have no quality of life and 90% or more of all businesses worldwide will crash and burn.  Not worth it to me, at least.

Are they going to play the games at 5AM when the temperature is around 102F?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's never going to happen so its not really something to worry about

MLB already said it is one of several ideas they looked at not that it was THE idea being worked on

Not being able to play at home and get all those ticket sales, a lot of small market teams better be bailed out this season.

While there wouldn’t be ticket revenue, if empty-stadium games are played there would be considerable tv contract revenue (both the national tv contract which would get divided among the teams equally, as well as each team’s own rsn deal) that would keep things afloat for the year. 

It's not a GOOD idea, but I think we are discovering all over the place right now that we are more looking for the "least bad idea"

So I guess I would have to see the other plans 

It almost sounds like MLB has to play in some form or fashion if small market teams want to make it to 2021.

People are wondering if a lot of players are going to want to essentially live sequestered in a bubble for the entire season.  Of course, if they don't, they won't get paid.

Guess we'll find out who has been saving their money and who needs paychecks.

20 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

People are wondering if a lot of players are going to want to essentially live sequestered in a bubble for the entire season.

Bio-Dome 2: Bases Loaded

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Bio-Dome 2: Bases Loaded

Major League 4: Bio-Dome 2: Pedro Cerrano's Revenge, no Charlie Sheen. Roger Dorn activates himself though.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Ryan said:

Not being able to play at home and get all those ticket sales, a lot of small market teams better be bailed out this season.

20 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

It almost sounds like MLB has to play in some form or fashion if small market teams want to make it to 2021.

Yo, what the fuck are you people talking about?  Any owner with their hand out hoping money falls into it is on some whole other shit. Can't field a club without 2020's revenue? Sell the fucking club. BIllionaires own these clubs, and you think that because they play in Milwaukee, they need a handout? They don't pay for stadiums, we can call that their bailout in advance.

• Like 5