DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So...…..2021? I can't see them figuring out a way to put that many people together anytime soon. Rosters are 26, add in just team staff all the way down to medical personnel, you are likely looking at 100 people per team. How in the fuck can they make that safe right now?

Edited by grilledcheese

The folks in the PLENTY OF TIME TO HAVE A SEASON~! camp are the ones that believe that by June 1 everything will be back to normal

My personal opinion is - yeah there is no way there will be a season but really no one knows anything.

I think the best way to look at it was I saw someone comment when talk of the NFL not having a season came up "You want football this year? Then stay the fuck home!"

• Like 3

9 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

So...…..2021? I can't see them figuring out a way to put that many people together anytime soon. Rosters are 26, add in just team staff all the way down to medical personnel, you are likely looking at 100 people per team. How in the fuck can they make that safe right now?

Supposedly they're going to boost rosters to 29.

His shoulder is going to explode the first time he tries to pitch.

Edit: I just noticed how skinny his calves are. Clearly someone doesn't believe in leg day.

Edited by elizium

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

I'm just gonna leave this thread as the open baseball thread while we wait for the season to begin.   Over/under is the 4th of July!

In other news, Shin-Soo Choo is donating $1000 to every minor leaguer in the Texas organization.  Because, again, the billionaire owners have delegated "doing the right thing" to their millionaire players. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In other news, Shin-Soo Choo is donating $1000 to every minor leaguer in the Texas organization.  Because, again, the billionaire owners have delegated "doing the right thing" to their millionaire players. 

They've already announced that players will be getting $400 a week:

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/03/minor-league-baseball-players-to-receive-400-per-week-during-hiatus/

There were some RUMBLINGS earlier today that MLB was looking at a 100 game season with no All Star Game or All Star Break and as compensation for Dodgers Stadium not getting the ASG, they would be the neutral site for the World Series.

Some of that sounds plausible. Some makes me laugh. I don't know what to make of anything anymore.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There were some RUMBLINGS earlier today that MLB was looking at a 100 game season with no All Star Game or All Star Break and as compensation for Dodgers Stadium not getting the ASG, they would be the neutral site for the World Series.

Some of that sounds plausible. Some makes me laugh. I don't know what to make of anything anymore.

I don't mind it except a neutral site for the World Series is dumb. The team with the best record should have home field advantage. Give the Dodgers next year's All Star Game.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't mind it except a neutral site for the World Series is dumb. The team with the best record should have home field advantage.

Can you imagine the shit show if the Dodgers did make it to the World Series and played the entire series there and STILL lost? I would laugh for fucking days.

• Haha 6

The reason the neutral site is being floated for the World Series is that most likely the season would be extending into like December (under that plan)

So they need a - in theory - warm city and/or a domed stadium

But again - there isn't gonna be a season

I mean at least that plan is better than Scott Boras' play games only in parks that have roofs plan

(Or the comical LOCK NFL TEAMS IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FOR 17 WEEKS~! plan that Mike Florio keeps championing)

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm just gonna leave this thread as the open baseball thread while we wait for the season to begin.   Over/under is the 4th of July!

i've got tickets to the Cubs/Rays on July 4th and 5th, so i am in favor of whatever plan gets the season open by then!

Oh man, this is the most MLB shit ever. Even if zero games are played this year, MLB is going to consider all of the suspensions related to cheating (Luhnow, Hinch, etc.) fulfilled.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

FS1 apparently is airing old This Week In Baseball episodes. Today's was from April 3rd, 1977. god, that theme, it took me back.

Thanks for mentioning that.  TWIB was my favorite show as a kid in the 70s.  Probably the only show I watched regularly, actually.  I can still picture a bunch of the plays they’d show during the closing theme.