DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

In the "well that's not good" category

Trey Mancini left Baltimore's camp to have a "medical procedure not related to baseball"

The Os didn't provide any further details citing privacy.

Mancini provided a couple of tweets yesterday of updates that said

Once there is more clarity, I will be sure to keep everyone updated over the next few days.  I look forward to a healthy recovery and being back on the field soon!“

So that sure as hell sounds to me like they found something that someone wants to make sure isn't cancer

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Holy crap, it's the Two Buttons meme come to life for Cindy. ?

And the Mariners can't officially start the season at home

They were supposed to have a 4 game series with Texas and then a 3 game series with the Twins but all large group events are now banned in the state till the end of March

The team is working with the commissioners office on a plan

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And the Mariners can't officially start the season at home

They were supposed to have a 4 game series with Texas and then a 3 game series with the Twins but all large group events are now banned in the state till the end of March

The team is working with the commissioners office on a plan

Slight correction: Large groups are banned in 3 counties not the entire state, King County (Seattle) being one of the three.

Daily News:

Major League Baseball will announce a complete shutdown of operations Thursday, according to multiple reports. ESPN reported that MLB is “expected” to cancel spring training later Thursday afternoon, which will delay Opening Day, while The Athletic reported that MLB will be “suspending operations.”

On 3/9/2020 at 6:24 AM, RIPPA said:

Trey Mancini left Baltimore's camp to have a "medical procedure not related to baseball"

So that sure as hell sounds to me like they found something that someone wants to make sure isn't cancer

God I hate it when I am right

Trey Mancini left the Orioles’ spring camp last week in preparation for an undisclosed medical procedure that wasn’t related to baseball.  Today, details have emerged on the nature of Mancini’s issue, as the Orioles issued a press release saying that Mancini had a malignant tumor surgically removed from his colon earlier today.  As per the team’s statement, “lab results and the timetable for Trey’s recovery will not be known until next week.”

Mancini himself made a statement within the Orioles’ release, saying “The outpouring of love and support I have received has made an extremely tough week so much better. I have the best family, friends, fans, and teammates imaginable. I am also eternally thankful for the Orioles front office, our athletic trainers, and the entire medical staff for everything they have done to help me during this time. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words, which have furthered my excitement to get back to playing the game I love.”

Guarantee you, there's going to be a LOT of TJ's happening this year.  Since the season, by all accounts looks like it's going to be - at the very least - shortened  (right now, I'm leaning towards halved), why not just miss the season, not deal with any uncertainty with this virus, and come back ready to go in '21. 

• Like 6