DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Giancarlo Stanton injured his calf and probably will miss the rest of Spring Training and possibly the start of the season

At some point, Marlins fans will not be sad about that trade

They should feel worse about trading Christian Yelich.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:26 PM, RIPPA said:

And to go back to stupid blackouts again

All Blue Jays games will be blacked out on MLB.TV in Canada now

You have to Sportsnet NOW since Rogers Media doesn't have enough money yet

That's MLB's decision but I am sure the team brass aren't shedding tears over it

• Like 1

Just got an email from T-Mobile.  They are once again giving MLB.TV free to any T-Mobile subscribers.  You can sign up starting on 3/24 at www.t-mobile.com/MLB.  

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I legit don't know if you are talking about the Pirates or Orioles

The Pirates need Willie Stargell in the line-up, despite the fact that he's been dead for twenty years.

• Like 1

Dear jerkoffs at MLB,

You want viewership to increase? Allow us more of this kind of happy horseshit. And I don't mean the booth interaction, just mic these dudes up and let me that stream as an alternate audio feed on my MLB.TV subscription, the way you used to do with ambient ballpark noise.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

Brewers and Christian Yelich have agreed to an extension

9 years, $215 million (roughly) with a mutual 10th year option

It will rework the two years he had left on his current deal so technically the new deal is 7 years, $187 million

No word on if deal will contain any sort of opt out (it does eliminate the old option year that he had)

This is weird. You know goddamn well that they asked for his recipe before they shitcanned him. I wonder if they asked him to take the fall, but he got some sort of banging severance. ANA looks tough for cracking down, this 30 year guy gets to retire, and the Angels get to fuck every opposing pitcher that was coming in and expecting this guy's grip to be in the clubhouse.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28847166/angels-fire-visiting-clubhouse-manager-aiding-opposing-pitchers?platform=amp

MLB is cracking down on pitchers using pine tar (in response to the Astros stuff) so actually its not THAT surprising that they suddenly dumped him.

Jeff Passan wrote a column a few days ago that had this quote

Whether MLB sticks to its stated intent to hold teams accountable for foreign substance usage or this falls by the wayside remains to be seen. But the warning was serious enough that multiple pitching coaches told me and Kiley McDaniel that if they are caught supplying a pitcher with any sort of foreign substance, they will be subject to discipline, including suspension.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28820609/passan-20-questions-mlb-cracks-pine-tar-spring-surprises-more

Whether MLB sticks to its stated intent to hold teams accountable for foreign substance usage or this falls by the wayside remains to be seen. But the warning was serious enough that multiple pitching coaches told me and Kiley McDaniel that if they are caught supplying a pitcher with any sort of foreign substance, they will be subject to discipline, including suspension.

Not a fucking chance. I assure you that pitcher's forearms and hats are going to look exactly the same with that weird mixture of rosin and spray sunscreen. The onus is on mangers to bring it to an ump's attention, then the ump can check. The rap from lots of folks is that grip / pine tar / rosin is better for pitchers to not let anything get away from them, so I don't see a whole lot of guys taking up that cause during games this year.

I just think that it's funny that the home clubbie kept his job, but the guy in charge of the visitors got shown the door. Besides, these pitchers should keep their mouths shut about who gives them the goop. Just stand up and eat the suspension you get and protect your clubhouse guy.

• Like 1