DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SPRING TRAINING FOREVER

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Hopefully there is at least air conditioning in this stadium

It probably does, because how else are they going to sell it to Osteen in a few years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

BTW - just to follow - that extra games against a "RIVAL~!" thing was bullshit and it is just a straight 4 games against each team in the "corresponding geographical division"

Link to Jeff Passan's story about how the Rangers basically strong armed everyone to returning to work in person, now have an outbreak and how the employees are now "terrified"

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29372448/rangers-staff-terrified-our-safety-amid-positive-virus-tests

This is being confirmed by others now including

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So the deal is now his contract just rolls over a year and he gets no service time, right?  

Leake, 32, was in the final season of a five-year, $80MM contract originally signed with the Cardinals — although he’s since been traded to Seattle and then Arizona. He’d have earned a prorated $16MM salary this season — about $5.5MM — and had a $5MM buyout on an option for the 2021 season. If Leake’s decision to opt out is because he himself has been deemed a high-risk case, he’d still be entitled to receive that pay and service time under the health-and-safety protocols agreed upon by the league and union last week. If he’s opting out due to concerns over family members, he’d forfeit the money he’s owed this season and the service time he’d have otherwise accrued. The buyout on his option would remain in play, as that does not pertain to the 2020 season.

So to answer your question - no. The teams do not get another year of a players rights

MLB officially announced the rule changes for 2020

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/06/mlb-rule-changes-2020-health-safety-protocols.html

Way too long to post the whole thing here. Most of the stuff was already known

One thing I had missed

Clubs may schedule up to three exhibition games before the end of Summer Camp.  Clubs may consider scheduling games against their opening opponent in the days leading up to Opening Day.  There is no limit on the number of intrasquad games permitted.

Now I am not sure if that means - the 3 exhibition games can only be against opening day opponent OR if it is 3 games PLUS some extra games against opening day opponent. I am guessing is the later due to the wording of "end of summer camp"

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure there will be more but Mike Leake officially becomes the first player to opt out of playing this season

Zimmerman and Joe Ross too.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

MLB officially announced the rule changes for 2020

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/06/mlb-rule-changes-2020-health-safety-protocols.html

Way too long to post the whole thing here. Most of the stuff was already known

One thing I had missed

Now I am not sure if that means - the 3 exhibition games can only be against opening day opponent OR if it is 3 games PLUS some extra games against opening day opponent. I am guessing is the later due to the wording of "end of summer camp"

My big takeaway was that they'll fine out suspend guys for coming within six feet of umpires to argue.