DVDVR Message Board

AEW Revolution - 2/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The only thing I have taken from this PPV is that it is mindblowing how Limp Bizkit are not in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Especially since they used to bill then as "WWE's favorite band" or whatever.

I mean, it's no worse than Kid Rock

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ll give you SnP,  but Motorhead live sucked that day. It also didn’t help that Triple H was trying desperately to get them over with his annoying bowing poses.

Motorhead on their worst day > Limp Bizkit on their best.

• Like 3

I don't think it was the best tag team match ever but its was very very good. If I had to choose 1 match to introduce someone to AEW it would be that match. It was no down time at all which can be a negative thing but they stayed true to the story of the feud and the match. Page is going to be a big star, he may even surpass all the ELITE if he keeps his momentum going. Alot of subtle call backs too. None of the melodramatic BS you see in NXT Takeover main events, nothing to where you feel like they are trying to force a response, everything organic and it made you excited for Dynamite this week.  

I'm someone whose watched more NXT than AEW since the ratings War and admittedly not much of either overall, but it really exposed to me how bad that melodramatic NXT style is.

• Like 3

IMHO, Orange Cassidy is over. Wrestling gimmicks and wrestlers for decades have come in all shapes and sizes. Wrestling is performance art, and the dude over years developed and honed and crafted this character same as many of the greats and he is connecting with the fans. He commits to the role. 

It's no worse than Undertaker being a supernatural undead monster who uses magic and mysticism and dies and comes back from the dead and his manager being a creepy mortician. 

Cornette's a schmuck if he can't get over that when he hit a guy for laughing at the Boogeyman. 

I mean sometimes AEW can get a little melodramatic, but yeah they cut out a lot of the bullshit that I believe most NXT viewers talk about.

I can't say the AEW product has been flawless because there has been some trial and error and troubleshooting. Stuff like the overuse of the light blackout, hyping up surprise announcements or big announcements and under-delivering. I think the Nightmare Collective, while I think the idea worked on paper, never really got off the ground, it was always kind of iffy. I think the Librarian thing, while it worked live and as a BTE skit, didn't really translate well to TV. The Dark Order angle I think had its problems at first, but I think it's found its footing and they've turned it into a good angle. I think the problem with Nightmare Collective is that it basically felt too samey to the Dark Order. 

I think the Spears/Janela thing where they blacked out the arena to have Tully tied up and looking like a goof struggling in that chair was just dumb. 

But for the most part, I feel like they take a natural more straightforward approach to pro wrestling that I find refreshing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The question I have is who is going to be the third for the Lucha Bros in their feud against The Best Friends?

Pac. He already teamed with them once at the start of the year, and he has unfinished business with OC. Besides which, whilst he has feuds with Omega and Moxley on the backburner, they're both going to be busy for a while, so he needs something else going on.

Plus they can lose the feud and he can turn on them. Pac vs Pentagon could be a good one. Pac vs Fenix could be mind blowing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The question I have is who is going to be the third for the Lucha Bros in their feud against The Best Friends?

They teased PAC. I don’t think OC, and PAC are quite done yet. The quest for Cassidy to get his first pin is leading to it being over him.

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The only thing I have taken from this PPV is that it is mindblowing how Limp Bizkit are not in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Really? That's the one takeaway you had from Revolution?

To each their own.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, OSJ said:

What the fuck is wrong with smoking cigars and sipping scotch?

My favorite joint in Seattle had a very simple sign: "Cigars, Scotch, Steak!" What else ya need?

A gobby?

And on the topic of tats, Brock's worst one is his KILL 'EM ALL tramp stamp.

7 minutes ago, nate said:

A gobby?

And on the topic of tats, Brock's worst one is his KILL 'EM ALL tramp stamp.

At least he chose the Metallica album title that would make for the best tramp stamp, with Metallica probably being the next best choice. I think it'd be a lot worse and/or funny if it said Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, Load, Reload, St. Anger, Death Magnetic, or Hardwired...To Self Destruct.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Dude, Brock eats nothing but protein. Him tattooing "Kill Em All" on his lower back is just warning you that his farts are demonic.

I bet Sable throws a fit when he rips ass in bed.

• Haha 1