DVDVR Message Board

AEW Revolution - 2/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Stoked for this show. We're having a good old fashioned watch party, gonna get fried with the pals and yell at wrestlers on the TV. Can't wait.

I'm most looking forward to the tag title match. Great storytelling and can't wait to see how it progresses. The match itself has a good chance of going overboard but both teams have shown they can work a decently paced match so I'm hoping for the best.

Really hope the women's match knocks it out of the park. Feels like they're finally on the right path and they're competing with the best women's roster going right now in NXT, time to show everyone what they can do and make it a priority.

I hope Jericho retains. Mox has been fun and maybe the time is right to strike but I think there's more to having Jericho and the Inner Circle on top and Mox doesn't need the title.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Any idea of why I was able to get Revolution for 20 USD through Fite's website? It was $28 on the app and of course through my cable provider it's the usual $45 Canadian. What's going on?

Because US$20 is what Fite charges? The only hitch is that you only get access to it for like 60 days, not forever.

But yeah, Fite is only offered to people outside of the United States, which Canada obviously is.

• Thanks 1

So this is how the card is being presented on the official website. This might clue us in on the order of each match.

• Chris Jericho (c) vs. Jon Moxley - Singles Match for the AEW World Championship

• MJF (with Wardlow) vs. Cody (with Arn Anderson)

• Kenny Omega and Adam Page (c) vs. The Young Bucks - Tag Team Match for the AEW World Tag Team Championship

• Jake Hager vs. Dustin Rhodes

• Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara

• Nyla Rose (c) vs. Kris Statlander - Singles Match for the AEW Women's World Championship

• Pac vs. Orange Cassidy

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Meltzer confirmed on WOR that the title match would be the main event too. I think they throw one of the tag match or MJF/Cody on 3rd from the start to give the crowd a breather.

edit: prediction for MOTN? I guess it is all up to your preference but you know Cody v MJF is going to have insane heat and great storytelling. The tag match is going to have a lot of personal dynamics (I could use the Bucks and Omega taking the emoting down a skosh from the Long Beach Golden Lovers/Bucks tag match level, especially after Matt said this will be the competitive side of their personalities) and will have all of the moves. Meltzer also noted that neither Moxley or Jericho like having anything less than great matches and they certainly don't want to be outdone by those two aforementioned matches. 

I hope they start with Darby/Sammy in a Rey/Angle Summerslam '02 type of incredible start to the show too. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

If they go more dramatic in the tag match, I believe AEW’s production will handle it better than the AXS guys did for New Japan in presenting the story. I feel like their crew have only gotten better at doing that. I also feel like the guys have also improved so much working on TV as well. Cody really didn’t need that prep, but the Bucks, and definitely Kenny needed to retrain themselves to working on TV.

• Like 1

I figure that Cody vs MJF will be the best match of the night given the story that both will tell.   I really feel if they let it PAC vs Orange Cassidy is going to be sleeper match of the night.   Just a question they actually see Orange as a really good wrestler or just a gimmick.

I haven’t been this excited for a show in years.

I expect Jericho to retain, and my own kind of sketch for what I expect main event wise over the next little bit is something like War Games next, then Jericho drops it to Mox or Omega, then MJF gets a run, then either Hangman or Allin. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

I'm still pretty convinced the plan is eventually Omega/Jericho III being where Le Champion drops the belt. At some point, they need to show the non-New Japan audience exactly why Kenny Omega is a big deal (much like the Bucks and the tag titles, which I expect to happen tonight)

Things like MOTN are always fairly subjective anyway, but I think this show has multiple candidates that will likely depend mostly on what you like from wrestling. The tag title should be a nonstop, breathtaking action match. Cody-MJF should be a brutal old school southern storytelling match, the main should be an epic 'main event style" match, Hager/Dustin as a hoss match, Allin/Guevara should be a high flying match with story... I'm not as hyped on the women's title (basically, I don't think anyone on the roster other than Riho has proven to be consistently capable of being good) but it could overachieve, and Pac-OC could go a number of different ways.

Since my favorite kind of wrestling show is "variety' I'm incredibly pumped and going to try real hard to avoid spoilers until I get home at 1:30 or 2 and can watch it. Well worth my $50 on paper.

• Like 5

Stoked for this show.  The decision to limit the PPV cards to 4 a year is really working for me.  Feels very special.  Stoked like everybody commenting.  More than happy to spend $50 on a show as well built as this, and hope others feel the same.  Mox-Jericho in the main and most if not all of this card feels very unpredictable.  I can't say what I'm most excited for Jericho-Moxley, the tag title fight or OC-Pac!?!  I don't want to put too high of expectations on Cody-MJF, but I suspect it'll be very good.  Darby-Sammy along with Pac-OC are the dark horses.  I'm hoping Dustin-Hager and the Women's title matches exceed my lower expectations, but I think both potentially could.  My expectations overall are maybe not in check as I suspect this will be one of the all time great shows!  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

We thought we'd be able to go to the show tonight but my son's regional wrestling tournament is this weekend. So we're watching the PPV from home.

We're all pretty excited. My son's favorite wrestler is Jon Moxley, so he's hyped.

I'm not a huge fan of either tag team, but I kinda have a good feeling about the tag title match.

• Like 1

Joining the chorus of excitement. The show does feel a steal at $30 AUD on Fite.

I see any of the tag, Mox/Jericho or Cody/MJF stealing the show, with Darby and Sammy determined to make their mark somehow too. 

(I love the Flair's Shadow conspiracy theory above. So far he has been accused of being Fat Spanish Waiter and Tony Khan now. What if Tony = Shadow = FSW???)

SCU-Dark Order was good, but that post match angle was a waste of Cabana's debut.  They should have had Daniels run out first and get killed, and then have Cabana debut pretending to be the exalted one before taking out the pervs.  Anyway, happy to see Colt Cabana in an AEW ring.  

3 minutes ago, Custos said:

Joining the chorus of excitement. The show does feel a steal at $30 AUD on Fite.

I see any of the tag, Mox/Jericho or Cody/MJF stealing the show, with Darby and Sammy determined to make their mark somehow too. 

(I love the Flair's Shadow conspiracy theory above. So far he has been accused of being Fat Spanish Waiter and Tony Khan now. What if Tony = Shadow = FSW???)

And CM Punk said he's FSW, so Tony Khan is actually CM Punk. Damn.