DVDVR Message Board

AEW Revolution - 2/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, Dewar said:

I feel they booked MJF-Cody in the wrong order. MJF should win the first match by cheating his ass off, and then make Cody jump through hoops to get a rematch. Right now, he has already jumped through the hoops. Where does the story go after the PPV?

Cody getting a cheap win after Wardlow botched interference, and MJF having to jump through hoops to get his rematch.

MJF has to be Cody's manservant for 30 days. Vignettes of him cleaning the stables at the Rhodes farm etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Cody getting a cheap win after Wardlow botched interference, and MJF having to jump through hoops to get his rematch.

MJF has to be Cody's manservant for 30 days. Vignettes of him cleaning the stables at the Rhodes farm etc.

I'd have Cody scar MJF/brutalize him, then bury MJF in a confidence crisis for a few months, he loses Wardlow.   Sign Dynasty, bring them in, have MJF gain his groove back, becoe champ,then challenge Cody because it still eats him up two-three years later.

Keep Cody/MJF apart for 2-3 years.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

I'm so fucking stoked for this show. While ordering the last PPV off of PSN was fine, I think I'm going back to ordering off of BR Live. When you order off of PSN, you don't "keep" the show. It just expires after a short amount of time, which is crummy for something that costs $50. BR Live I think lets you view the PPVs in perpetuity. I'm just hoping that the UI on Roku has improved from All Out, which was the last one I ordered off of BR Live. All they need to do is just let you start from the beginning if you don't start the show on time or allow you to rewind. I also have a Chromecast so I guess I can see if that's better too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm so fucking stoked for this show. While ordering the last PPV off of PSN was fine, I think I'm going back to ordering off of BR Live. When you order off of PSN, you don't "keep" the show. It just expires after a short amount of time, which is crummy for something that costs $50. BR Live I think lets you view the PPVs in perpetuity. I'm just hoping that the UI on Roku has improved from All Out, which was the last one I ordered off of BR Live. All they need to do is just let you start from the beginning if you don't start the show on time or allow you to rewind. I also have a Chromecast so I guess I can see if that's better too.

I’ve gotten them all through br live and they are still available to view. That’s how I’ll do it again. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

One of the EVPs must be booking in response to my personal lack of patience. PAC vs Orange Cassidy has been added to the card. Thank you... Tony? 

I am more convinced than before that somebody from AEW checks this thread. So a big thank you to whoever that is. 

Looking at the line-up, this is probably their strongest show yet on paper. They've reached a point where they've been doing TV for approaching half a year and they have a sense of what's working and what's not. No Janela-Spears type stuff on this card. No obvious filler tag team three ways. No Jimmy Havoc. I like this. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Looking at the line-up, this is probably their strongest show yet on paper. They've reached a point where they've been doing TV for approaching half a year and they have a sense of what's working and what's not. No Janela-Spears type stuff on this card. No obvious filler tag team three ways. No Jimmy Havoc. I like this. 

I mean, there's still the preshow (unless that's where PAC vs OC goes), but yeah, I agree. I'm going to have a really hard time avoiding Reddit, Facebook and YouTube on Saturday and Sunday until I can watch the show on Monday. Fuck.