DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Electric Chair German with a fold-in-half bridge pin? Yes please and thank you

Yep.  Popularly known as the Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex made famous by Manami Toyota.

• Like 1

This week's Memphis CHUNK of the UWN WRESTLEBLOKK has a great Skimahorns match, as they are doing the GREAT thing of being over as faces because Uncle Mikey is over as a face,  The two brothers are jerks to Uncle Mikey and wrestle as heels (pretty much) but are over as faces.  It is very strange.  Uncle Mikey vs Peter Avalon next week should rock the world since they are basically the same wrestler.  Martin continues to rule though differently this week because the Posse keep trying to turn him back into Precious and I that has to be one of the strangest sentences I've ever written.  Diana Taylor and Amber Rodriguez looked perfectly ready to lose to Heather Monroe so I am excited.  The rest is pretty much garbage so GOOD EPISODE.

• Like 1

Okay, the Hollywood CHUNK is going to be pretty hard to beat.  Chris Dickinson/ Steve Manders is a superb hoss battle and it makes one further hate the fact that Dickinson is out rehabbing a hip injury.  One wonders how they will address that.  Beef Candy are great here, doing a Cobra Kai gimmick and selling an assbeating from Jordan Cruz (not the smoothest wrestler yet) and Blake Troop.  Honest John is getting over as a face somehow.  Anyway, I don't know if Atlanta can beat this main event. CHUNK TWO!

• Like 2

The Atlanta CHUNK~!

• Baron Black vs. Lord Crewe is your main event masquerading as the curtain jerker.  The stips are win by sub, pinfall, or KNOCKOUT~!  The angle is Baron Black's gameplan of attacking the striking hand of Lord Crew to neutralize KOs and submission attempts!  THE EXPERIENCE EDGE~! The storytelling in this match rivals anything I have seen from anyone in a couple of months.  This match fucking rules.
  • David Ali continues his REIGN OF TERROR~!  Manny Lemons provides the opposition.  Suffers greatly from having to follow Black vs. Crewe.
  • International tag-team action with La Anexion vs. Blanco Loco and D3.  Finish is really suspect.  You'll see what I mean.
  • Main event is the UWN Tag-Title match between Bodega and Midnight Heat from CWFH.

It is hard to judge which part of the UWN WRESTLEBLOKK~! wins this week.  I would give the slight edge to ATL because Black vs. Crewe was fucking awesome and Ali vs. Lemons was a perfectly fine Dark Elevation mid-card match, but the tag-match was kinda garbage and I have already seen Bodega vs. Heat.

Here is where you need to have a production staff that knows how to put a show together.  Black vs. Crew definitely should've been the main and the taped UWN Tag-Title match should've been filler somewhere in the middle of the broadcast along with the shenanigans update from Memphis.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Atlanta CHUNK~!

• Baron Black vs. Lord Crewe is your main event masquerading as the curtain jerker.  The stips are win by sub, pinfall, or KNOCKOUT~!  The angle is Baron Black's gameplan of attacking the striking hand of Lord Crew to neutralize KOs and submission attempts!  THE EXPERIENCE EDGE~! The storytelling in this match rivals anything I have seen from anyone in a couple of months.  This match fucking rules.
  • David Ali continues his REIGN OF TERROR~!  Manny Lemons provides the opposition.  Suffers greatly from having to follow Black vs. Crewe.
  • International tag-team action with La Anexion vs. Blanco Loco and D3.  Finish is really suspect.  You'll see what I mean.
  • Main event is the UWN Tag-Title match between Bodega and Midnight Heat from CWFH.

It is hard to judge which part of the UWN WRESTLEBLOKK~! wins this week.  I would give the slight edge to ATL because Black vs. Crewe was fucking awesome and Ali vs. Lemons was a perfectly fine Dark Elevation mid-card match, but the tag-match was kinda garbage and I have already seen Bodega vs. Heat.

Here is where you need to have a production staff that knows how to put a show together.  Black vs. Crew definitely should've been the main and the taped UWN Tag-Title match should've been filler somewhere in the middle of the broadcast along with the shenanigans update from Memphis.

Well, if you take the horrendous Pokemon guy out of that match you might have something.  IIIIII say that CHUNK HOLLYWOOD wins the week because we are really going to miss Chris Dickinson when they run out of matches.  Baron Black has an arsenal of tricked out submissions?  WHO KNEW?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, DEAN said:

Okay, the Hollywood CHUNK is going to be pretty hard to beat.  Chris Dickinson/ Steve Manders is a superb hoss battle and it makes one further hate the fact that Dickinson is out rehabbing a hip injury.  One wonders how they will address that.  Beef Candy are great here, doing a Cobra Kai gimmick and selling an assbeating from Jordan Cruz (not the smoothest wrestler yet) and Blake Troop.  Honest John is getting over as a face somehow.  Anyway, I don't know if Atlanta can beat this main event. CHUNK TWO!

I have to point out that Beef Candy were doing a Ken/Ryu Street Fighter gimmick not a Cobra Kai gimmick. The Z Living version of the show had a Andy Brown/Effy match from Atlanta in the middle that was pretty good too.

• Like 2

Lots of head scratching booking decisions going on in the UWN MEGA WRESTLINGBLOK~! this week. 

Uncle Mikey vs. Peter Avalon relegated to curtain jerker and only getting like five minutes or so.  Effy jobs to Jordan Cruz after battling Alan Angels to a time limit draw.  Johnnie Robbie (an obvious babyface) paired with Viva Van to take on Savanna Stone and Ruby Raze who appears to still be working heel?  Honest John working face against Jordan Clearwater who is not only teasing a heel turn, but also appears to be joining forces with Jack Banning; a man he's been blood feuding with for the past year?

CWFH at least had the decency to introduce a new stable THE ENTERPRISE~! featuring Sweet Robin Shaw and some other dude and they are managed by a guy that dresses like Master Roshi from Dragon Ball.  I am guessing that they will either feud anew with Friendship Farm or do something else.

I was disappointed that there was no ATL taping this week.  

Every organization has an off weekend and I will chalk this one up to restructuring in prep for more good things to happen in 2022.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Lots of head scratching booking decisions going on in the UWN MEGA WRESTLINGBLOK~! this week. 

Uncle Mikey vs. Peter Avalon relegated to curtain jerker and only getting like five minutes or so.  Effy jobs to Jordan Cruz after battling Alan Angels to a time limit draw.  Johnnie Robbie (an obvious babyface) paired with Viva Van to take on Savanna Stone and Ruby Raze who appears to still be working heel?  Honest John working face against Jordan Clearwater who is not only teasing a heel turn, but also appears to be joining forces with Jack Banning; a man he's been blood feuding for the past year?

CWFH at least had the decency to introduce a new stable THE ENTERPRISE~! featuring Sweet Robin Shaw and some other dude and they are managed by a guy that dresses like Master Roshi from Dragon Ball.  I am guessing that they will either feud anew with Friendship Farm or do something else.

I was disappointed that there was no ATL taping this week.  

Every organization has an off weekend and I will chalk this one up to restructuring in prep for more good things to happen in 2022.

Yeah, where the fuck was the ATL CHUNK?  The HLW CHUNK wins the week from sheer wads of wrestling, non-sensically booked as it was. The MEM CHUNK was good though, and it would have definitely won if they gave Avalon/Uncle Mikey five more minutes.

• Like 1

CWFH was surprisingly solid.  For some reason, the latest show isn't on YouTube yet, but the most recent episode aired on ZLiving overnight.

Flex McCallon and Dom Kubrick both won by screw job so the booking felt a little suspect but other than that, it was a decent hour of pro wrestling.  Papo Esco beat Levy Shapiro in their Texas Death Match on UWN Primetime Live on PPV, so the Bodega now have the Hollywood Television Title and are looking to retake the tag belts from Midnight Heat. 

Main event was Richie Slade and some other dude against the Devine Brothers.   Devines won after a miscalculation, so it looks like the teased expansion of the Beef Candy stable is going to turn into a feud.

The CWFAtl hour of the WRESTLING MEGABLOK~! should air this afternoon.  I'll try to watch Mempho after I get some shit done around the house.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:47 AM, J.T. said:

CWFH was surprisingly solid.  For some reason, the latest show isn't on YouTube yet, but the most recent episode aired on ZLiving overnight.

Flex McCallon and Dom Kubrick both won by screw job so the booking felt a little suspect but other than that, it was a decent hour of pro wrestling.  Papo Esco beat Levy Shapiro in their Texas Death Match on UWN Primetime Live on PPV, so the Bodega now have the Hollywood Television Title and are looking to retake the tag belts from Midnight Heat. 

Main event was Richie Slade and some other dude against the Devine Brothers.   Devines won after a miscalculation, so it looks like the teased expansion of the Beef Candy stable is going to turn into a feud.

The CWFAtl hour of the WRESTLING MEGABLOK~! should air this afternoon.  I'll try to watch Mempho after I get some shit done around the house.

That Brandon Gatson guy who tagged with Richie Slade was the best looking wrestler on that show.  Kevin Martenson looked really good too.  What is going on with the ATL WRESTLE CHUNK?

Jay Smooth and Martin are the best tagteam in the entire UWN WRESTLEBLOKK!  Martin is so good.  Plus you got the Skimahorns on this with Uncle Mikey, who gives Martin a run for his money as best wrestler on the Memphis SLAB.

• Like 1

Red Carpet Rumble was pretty good as far as battle royales go.

Last men standing wrestle a pinfall / submission match to see who is the #1 Contender to Chris Dickenson's UWN Heavyeweight title.  Participants came from all over the UWN WRESTLING MEGABLOK~!  I love the part where the bookers teased that fucking Tweakaseti might win the whole damned thing.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

The Memphis BLOKK is very Christmas-y.  I would say that Martin is the best wrestler on the show but Derrick King is back and Derrick King rules it so hard.  Uncle Mikey wrestles Vanta Claus and Uncle Mikey is now the third best wrestler in Memphis.  And the Yung Goats are looking really good though they are in the ring with Derrick King.  And I THINK they are setting up Heather Monroe versus Shalonce Royal and I would be down for that.

• Like 1

BAD BOY JOEY JANELA vs BRIAN CAGE - Memphis Wrestling LIVE

It's our first television taping of 2022- and THE BAD BOY is invading THE BLUFF CITY for an AEW Showdown with THE MACHINE BRIAN CAGE!

PLUS - The Best of the Best Austin Lane goes 1 on 1 with K Toomer in a WAR to settle the score!

Limited seating - get yours now! Brought to you in part by Pro Shingle - a professional roofing company.

The United Wrestling Network WRESTLEBLOKK was pretty slim this week, as they are gliding into 2022 and the Hollywood SLAB was Year in Review deal which I didn't watch, because I watched it all the first time.  Your Memphis SLAB was pretty much all setting up future matches with one actual wrestling match- Heather Monroe's Women's Gauntlet, which was pretty skimpy in the wrestling department.  It was pretty Memphis though, so there is that.

• Like 1

Hollywood BLOK is a Bodega retrospective.  You can probably skip it.

The Memphis BLOK is Day One of the Grind City Rumble.

First match is Martin and his great punches against Big Swole (not that one). 

Second match is tros action with the EoW up against Country Rock and Big Jack. 

The last match features the Crowleys vs. Warsaw and Walker Hayes in a Lumberjack match where the fans have the whoopin' straps.  

No, I am not making that up.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Hollywood BLOK is a Bodega retrospective.  You can probably skip it.

The Memphis BLOK is Day One of the Grind City Rumble.

First match is Martin and his great punches against Big Swole (not that one). 

Second match is tros action with the EoW up against Country Rock and Big Jack. 

The last match features the Crowleys vs. Warsaw and Walker Hayes in a Lumberjack match where the fans have the whoopin' straps.  

No, I am not making that up.

I was expecting to hate the strap match but then I realized that the Crowleys might be the best tagteam in the Memphis SLABBB!  Well, when the Skimahorns aren't on.  Jacksyn Crowley may be the best kept secret in the whole UWN WrestleBLOKK universe.  I really dug the Doomsday Device.  The Martin match also ruled.  Oh where are you, ATL SLABB?!?!?

• Haha 1

It's this week's MEMPHIS SLABB of the UNW WrestleBLOKK!  The Skimahorns are back!  They wrestle the Highsteppers and all I can think of is Public Enemy's entrance music in ECW.  Brett Michaels and Mike Anthony finally finish their endless feud in a perfectly fine fight/match- up until the disturbing finish.  Plus two other matches that I recall nothing about!

• Like 1