DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

One match show but what a match!  Kevin Martenson is to CWFH what Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho are to AEW.  Jordan Cruz is good.  This match is fucking awesome.

Willie Mack and that guy who bedevils Invictus Khash versus Jordan Clearwater and Invictus Khash is good.  I dig Big Hoss and he has a good little match with Bateman.  Mylo versus Alex Gracia is good.  Nothing great but a lot of pretty good.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WHOA!  I think this is the best episode, bell to bell, since I've been watching this little show.  Bad Dude Tito versus Jordan Cruz was all about the New Japan stylings of Tito and the pretty good at the Strong Style, Jordan Cruz.  Big Hoss is so fun!  Kevin Martenson makes him look like a million bucks.  Willie Mack is fucking AWESOME against Invictus Khash with the Devastation Incorporated indie version of the Embassy hanging around.  Reno Scum versus Midnight Heat is more of an angle as Guy Tweekacetti subs for an injured Ricky Gibson, but HERE'S THE CATCH, Tweekacetti RULES!  Pretty Eddie Pearl wrestles the body of the match and then Tweekacetti tags in and is fucking awesome taking an ass beating.  BRAVO, UNITED WRESTLING NETWORK!

• Like 1

Danny Limelight vs Shane Haste is really good.  MYLO/Zeda Zhang vs Savanah Stone/Alex Gracia is a strange match where everybody looks pretty good but the match is a total trainwreck.  Ju Dizz and HONEST have a good match.  Jordan Clearwater and HEY! IT'S CARLITO!  

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This week's card is respectfully solid. 

I think Alan Angels vs. Danny Limelight may be this week's dark horse for the Match of the Week poll.

Wall to wall good wrestling.  Ray Jaz vs Invictus Khash was also good- even though Khash I want to be better than he is.  I really dug Vipress' tricked out submission.  When CWFH is good it is so good.

• Like 2

Another week of good wall to wall wrestling.  Bryn Thorne really lays it in against Savanna Stone.  Reno Scum and the Voros Twins have a good match.  Peter Avalon has HEAT with some big dude from Arizona.  Keven Martenson vs Zicky Dice is WAAAAAY GREAT.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Willie Mack and Jordan Clearwater have a good match.  Sledge from the final days of ROH 1.0 shows up to wrestle Big Hoss!  This is a good episode.

• Like 1

Brad Skimahorn's heel turn and becoming Main Event Bradley is so fucking great.  Main Event Bradley is everybody's idiot cousin.  He IS Arkansas. Tommy Dreamer is always fun on the indies.

• Like 1

If it were not for the Skimahorns, I would never watch Mempho.

Limelight vs. Clearwater was great.  The right guy went over, but did it have to last an entire hour?  I was not a big fan of sixty-minute iron man matches when it was Flair and Steamboat in their prime working a match and those guys certainly aren't Flair and Steamboat.  Limelight definitely wrestled for two and Jordan had the good taste not to blow anything.

• Like 1

Pretty good episode but nothing really great.  Johnnie Robbie (Robbie Rocket in WOW) is all over the place suddenly.  Her match against Vipress was pretty good.  Talos and Willie Mack was perfectly fine.  Primohenio vs Koto Hiro was pretty good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Pretty good card this week.  Kevin Martenson vs. Ju Dizz might make the Poll.

I dug that Savannah Stone/ Johnnie Robbie match too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This match is fucking great.   I hate seeing Uncle Mikey job, but the finish is more table setting for the Skimahorn Civil War awesomeness..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CWFH comes roaring back with an great episode of UWN wrestling.  Davey Richards versus Krvin Martensen is right between Dark Main Event and Second Best Rampage Match territoty.  Zeda Zang hits the nastiest Northern Lights Bomb of 2023.  MIdnight Heat and Reno Scum is waaaaaay fun.  YAY!

• Like 2

This episode is GREAT!  Willie Mack, Shawn Dean, Bad Dude Tito and Joey Janelli are wasted in a four way, But it has the WAR booking of Alex Hammerstone versus Ortiz, which was really odd but perfectly fine, AND Eddie Fuckin KINGSTON versus Danny Limelight!  That match is Eddie channelling Tenryu and Limelight channelling Ultimo!  It is great!  The finish is crappy, but what else you gonna do?

• Like 2

J-Rod looked impressive in her debut.  She lays it in.  Sledge vs EJ Sparks is good.  Zickie Dice versus Willie Mack!  Zickie Dice is great.  Willie Mack has an odd career trajectory.

Invictus Khash, BABYFACE!  Who saw THAT coming?  Johnnie Robbie is all over the place, DARK, WOW, CWFH!  Alex Gracia was in the ROH women's tournament and in that CMLL cibernetico so she is on the way up.  That was pretty good.  AWESOME!  Wild Rhino Clark Connors vs Danny Limelight!  This is good!

• Like 1