DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

7 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Halston Body is no longer a fab gay man is now a weird stoic Amish man! The match with Lord Crewe was meh.

Crewe's finisher is nice.  Crewe should show up on IMPACT! one would guess.  Boddy going goth seems like a logical progression- what with the possibility of more flamboyant make up.

8 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Beef Candy are back and are faces? Sure. Flex actually worked a decent amount this time.

Richie Slade as a face?  That's a daring move.  He is such an effective douche.  It's like turning Tony Nese face.  He is weirdly a great Face in Peril.  I guess if you can work, you can work. 

8 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Guy Tweakacetti comes out and says no one is good enough for the Midnight Heat! Which bring out Beef Candy to challenge for the belts, which then brings out the tag team of Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas (apparently they are PPRay and were a tag team previously in CWFH, good on the announcers for bringing that up).

Okay, P P RAY is the greatest tag team ever.  P P RAY vs FTR!  BOOK IT, TONY!  I love Lord Crewe, Reka Tahaka and Baron Black getting pushes, as it is such a territorial thing.  Guys paying their dues on Dark and Elevation getting pushes on broadcast TV.  I'm guessing that the hierarchy of lower level TV is:

IMPACT! on AXS is on the top and is an actual desired destination if you are a wrestler.

MLW on BeIn would be somewhere you kind of end up if you are good enough for New Japan Strong but are too problematic for IMPACT! or if you are one of the couple of guys they pay and protect.

CWRHLW on ZLiving is guys on the way up, auditioning for AEW  (Max Caster), NXT (Zoey Starks) and IMPACT! (nobody!)and for bigger indie slots.

OVW on NXT LVL is older fat guys and trainees but it has a good women's division, sorta.

Sandra Moone is perfect for CWFHLW.  Tehaka is in the new WOW, right?  I love Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.

• Like 3

I'd say that VSK and maaaybe Zicky Dice are 2 people that were on CWFH and ended up in Impact. I thought Heather Monroe would end up in Impact when she was showing up in vignettes with Taya pre pandemic but nothing ever came from that.

• Like 1

Evil Uno wrestles motherfucking UNCLE MIKEY!  Evil Uno wrestles heel and is fucking GREAT as he does a total Memphis style match.  Evil Uno's best match of 2022, edging out his match against Bryan Danielson.  Uncle Mikey is fucking awesome.

• Like 1

K Toomer hits a nice Fat Boy Spin Kick.  The Last Hotstepper, DJ Brown!  Cobra Cup Winner, Mike Anthony!  Anthony has punches like a guy who wrestles in Memphis.  Anthony takes Brown's offense like a wrestler who wrestles in Memphis.  Maybe Mike Anthony is great.  THE WINNERHORNS~ !  Briar Skimmahorn is the Skimmahorn not wrestling in this match so he gives out fliers to everyone in the audience that says "I'm a Lil Stinkerhorn"  which would make them the luckiest audience members on earth.  This is the best form of the Yung Goats- Zay Washington and Rashad Lee.  They are athletic and Washington hits a lot of high impact moves- including a really sweet powerslam and a nice standing SSP for a bigger fella and also hits the greatest Fat Boy Tope since LA PARK hit his last one. Brad Skimmahorn hits a great Blue Thunder Powerbomb and THEN hits a great lunatic tope.  Meanwhile, Uncle Mikey is the best wrestler in Memphis and he hits a fucking Springboard Asai Moonsault!  What the fuck is going on?  It's an ode to the 1997 WCW cruiserweight division.  This is fucking great.  Should have been longer as Brad Skimmahorn rolls up Rashad Lee for the win!  Zay Washington is really good too.  GOOD!  They should have a trios title match between these two groups of people.  SKIMMAHORNS 4-EVER!  Uncle Mikey is a revelation.  MARTIN CALLS OUT LANCE ARCHER!  BEAT HIS ASS, MARTIN!  Archer tells the children to shut their mouths, as he should.  Children should be seen and not heard.  Archer takes a punch from Martin!  And Archer crushes Martin.  They are setting up Archer vs the Gun Show!  I can't really remember when Archer wrestled someone as limited as the Gun Show Bret Michaels.  Nobody in AEW is as limited as Gunshow.  I can't remember anybody in New Japanbeing this limited.  Oh well, it'll be funny at least.  CAN ARCHER CARRY THE GUN SHOW?  Great episode.  

• Like 1

For whatever reason, ZLiving showed last week's show again.  That network is run by real dopes.  LORD CREWE SQUASHES AGAIN!  Halston Boddy hasn't EMBRACED Goth make-up yet.  HEY! He's wrestling Andrew the Giant, Andrew Everett.  God, Lord Crewe's finisher is gnarley.   Jonnie Robbie looks like a future NXT gal.  Savanna Stone is only 22, per cagematch but has matches listed from back in 2017 so she was 17 when she started?  And she was trained by Michael Elgin. Oh geez.  Stone is a heel here and makes Jonnie Robbie look really good (except on Robbie's finisher).  Postmatch, Stone gets her HEAT BACK!   JONNIE ROBBIE ON THE MIC!  She is quite a babyface- spunky and feisty!  Honest John is born to be pinned.  Jack Banning is doing a psychopath gimmick.  He needs to make every match a bloodbath to really pull that off.  Y'know, look at some Jon Moxley matches.  Banning is pretty methodical for a psychopath.  Yeah, Honest John isn't left in a pool of his own blood so Banning isn't making anyone forget Kevin Sullivan or anything. Honest John has a nice offensive FLURRY!  That was perfectly fine.  Hunter Freeman is far more impressive beating the fudge out of Honest John postmatch.  KING FAT BOY, PAPO ESCO!  What's up with all these squashes?  Are they channeling AEW Dark?  It's the horribly named Wolf Zaddies!  Tito Escondido beats the life out of two up-and-comers, AJ Mana and El Primohenio. Tito is all over New Japan Strong but he doesn't get his partner in on the action.  Strange.  Speaking of NJ Strong, it's Jordan Clearwater versus Karl Fredericks.  Clearwater is more about his NWA side- as he is quite the obnoxious heel, which makes this match more fun.  Fredericks is good and he does lay in it.  This match is good. Great finish.  It makes up for the squash heaviness of the episode.   This episode really felt like TOMORROW'S STARS TODAY.  

• Like 1

Memphis wrestling is made for Trace Lee Hunt.  Kross, Martin's manager. wrestles him because his stable is all jacked up.  Kross is AWESOME.  He sells his shattered testicular region like they have been set on fire!  Man, he is so old school, making with the Vertical Suplay!  Kross is more Martin than Martin.  Trace Lee Hunt wins with a hilarious diving head butt.  KROSS!  The Mekla Lock challenge is more old school Memphis than a fire ball after getting run over in the parking lot.  Norman Meklakov procures it on the Best Of The Best, Austin Lane!  Lane is about to break his very normal looking Full Nelson!  THEN Austin's best friend Matt ATTACKS LANE!  This is even more Memphis than pulling a chain from your trunks.  Matt sides with communism!  So UN-AMERICAN!  Dirty Diana Taylor has stolen the women's title- after Skyler is no longer with the promotion for some reason.  Memphis wrestling sends Cassandra Golden to get the title back.  Diana Taylor is perfectly fine.  After about two minutes into the match, Cassandra finishes Taylor off after she hits a Michinoku Driver (which is MIScalled a Death Valley Driver.)  It looked good.  Cassandra Golden is good.  YESSSS! KID WRESTLING SPEAKS!  HE IS THE BEST!  THEN! The worst wrestling match you will see all week!  Country Rock are already pretty crappy but the astoundingly shitty LA Hustlers debut.  It's astoundingly crappy- though one of the Country Rock does the weirdest Swanton I've ever seen. And LA Hustlers pull A CHAIN OUT OF THEIR TIGHTS AND WINS! And it's reversed.  You should watch just for the truly amazingly weird Swanton.  Your main event starts off hideous as Big Swole Justin Cole takes on the lowest rent Road Warriors ever- The Posse,  two on one.  THEN it becomes awesome as your fucked up cousin from the mountains, Kid Wrestling, runs in and jumps on the apron and it becomes Kid Wrestling getting beaten to death.  Kid Wrestling bleeds.  It's awesome.  This episode....I dunno.

• Like 1

ZLiving is a cable channel in amidst the home shopping band on Verizon cable.  Championship Wrestling from Hollywood comes on every Saturday at midnight.... annnnd they are still a week behind.  So I must stay ahead by watching the YouTube version but ZLiving is where I discovered CWFH.  Hunter Freeman is the guy who accompanies Jack Banning but who gives off a way more effective psycho AURA~! than the pedestrian Jack Bannon.  Ray Rosas is one half of PP RAY with Pretty Peter Avalon and he is Gifted And Talented Ray Rosas now.  I haven't seen PP RAY in action yet, but they are definitely my favorite current tagteam.  Rosas gets a nearfall by putting his Wedding Tackle across the face of Hunter Freeman and it makes me want to see PP RAY on Dark wrestling Chaos Project.  Freeman is plodding and awkward.  Rosas is a victim of someone RUNNING IN FROM THE CROWD!  Hunter Freeman has a nice finisher.  Oh yeah, Chris Dickenson is the champion!  Holy shit, he's wrestling Davey Richards!  This show rules.  Dickenson is wearing a Donna Del Mondo t-shirt.  Zicky Dice is wrestling Jordan Cruz next week!  Yeah, this show rules.  Hey, it's Prince Nana!  He's accompanying Invictus Khash who is World of Sport laden.  Micky Rhodes is teeny.  Khash procures a CRAVATE and we are both totally in love with Inviktus Khash.  Nana tells THESE IDIOTS that the only man they need to worry about is INVIKTUS KHASH!  He also addresses the FOOLS AND FOOLETTES!  It's Sandra Moone!  She one of the better West Coast indie gals.  It's Viva Van!  She's prolly the best West Coast indie gal.  Van gets Moone in a Tarantula and nice German Suplex with a Bridge and should have won with a Heart Punch!  but Halston Boddy wants her to do MORE and Sandra Moone rolls her up for the win!  That was PERFECTLY FINE!  PP RAY ON THE STICK!  They set up the three way tag match by having Midnight Heat and Beef Candy beat each other up, with Beef Candy punching while still holding onto their BlowPops.  Ju Dizz and Michael Hopkins are up and coming indie dudes who have been on Dark.  I love the United Wrestling Network because these guys are in real matches on basic cable (a week later).  Ju Dizz hits a really nice Short Lariat.  Hopkins did a Blockbuster through the second rope to a lying Ju Dizz, which I've never seen before.  Hopkins hits a nice Lariat.  Hopkins is good on offense.  Ju Dizz hits a nice dropkick.  Both these guys are good.  Ju Dizz is pretty great on offense and he hits a SWEET Springboard Blockbuster for the win.  BLOCKBUSTERS!  The United World Championship!  If only this world was united.....  It's Davey Richards!  He's a doctor!  It's Chris Dickinson!  This should be good.  They go all UWFi and I back their play 100%- as they do the double knee bar rope break- so assume it's an ode to Takada.  More submissions as Davey applies a Figure Four and Dickenson fights for the ropes and Richards responds with an Indian Deathlock into a MExican thingy I can't remember the name of.  This match is fucking great.  Richards channels Lyger and does that Surfboard thingy that Dickenson reverses into the Lyger Surfboard thingy!  They move into the assbeating section of the match- Richards uses kicks and Dickenson uses Wahoo Chops.  Dickenson is explosive hitting a diving shoulderblock following up with three lariats and then an STF!  This is a wad of quality wrestling.  Richards goes back on offense by hitting Dragon Screw and goes back to the Indian Death Lock but Dickenson hits the ropes.  They atart beating the living dogshit out of each other and this match is fucking great.  Dickenson hits a fucking BEAUTIFUL Brainbuster and procures the STF and Richards has to tap.  That was a great fucking match.  Chris Dickenson is a fuckng monster.  GREAT EPISODE.

• Like 1

Our Murderhawk Monster assumes the 1987 Ric Flair role and comes to Memphis to carry the local guy to a watchable match.  The Gun Show Brett Michaels won't be on your TV on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.  He also isn't showing up in MLW or NWA anytime soon.  But he is about the same size as Lance Archer, so Archer could make it fun.  The first match is Brandon Espinoza, who looks like Demus.  We shall see if he is one tenth as awesome as Demus.  His opponent is Aaron Roberts, the lummoxy guy from the Yung Goats.  Roberts is super lummoxy in this match, especially since he doesn't have his mobile, dynamic tagteam partner.  Espinoza works on the leg and he isn't 1/200th of Demus, but he is perfectly fine for indie Memphis enhancement talent.  For a big, immobile lummox, he sells the knee pretty well so this match isn't complete garbage. Espinoza hoists Roberts up and hits a nice Death Valley Driver.  Roberts hits a decent lariat. Good Lyger Bomb by Roberts.  They save the bacon of the match by having a really good finishing sequence.  WAY TO SAVE YOUR BACON!  Austin Lane is in the ring, a week removed from his best friend, Matt, TURNING ON HIM DURING THE MEKLEKOV MEKLELOCK CHALLENGE!  Hey, it;s Ryan Rembrandt!  He's good.  He does a couple of things before Lane procures the STF and that was squashy squash.  Derrick King refuses to be Delicious Van Vicious' assistant!  WASH HIS UNDERWEAR!  I guess they are giving Archer and The Gun Show 8ish minutes.  Gun Show flies through a section of chairs so I'm satisfied with this match.  They keep going though- as Archer realizes that the less amount of time in the ring, the better the match.  They do stuff in the ring and they do nice DBS vertical suplex with Archer going for the suplex.  Archer utilizes CLUBBING FOREARMS!  They then do the inidest indie thing ever!  Mike Anthony CASHES IN HIS COBRA CUP TITLE SHOW!  It's now a THREE-WAY!  They fiddle around a little and Mike Anthony gets a roll up and HE IS YOUR NEW MEMPHIS CHAMPION!  It's the shittiest way to get the belt on Mike Anthony, but at least the belt is on Mike Anthony.  Hmmm, your best match was Aaron Roberts vs Brandon Espinoza.  Try again next week.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Z Living has shown the same CWFH episode for 4-5 weeks now.

Yeah, I am all caught up on Hollywood but I am so far behind on Mempho.

• Like 1

OH NO!  

Spoiler

PP RAY is over before they can even start!  Ray Rosas secretly held a grudge about Pretty Peter Avalon having an AEW Dark career!  Peter Avalon, being AWESOME, bleeds like a freak!  Rosas piledrives Avalon onto a chair!  TWICE!  That was great. RAY ROSAS IS A PUNK!

Hey!  Reka Tehaka!  Mylo is from Virginia Beach!  She must have gone to Princess Anne.  I think Reka is part of the new WOW but who knows if that will show up on TV.  She reminds me of a third Renegade Twin, in that she wrestles all hard edged.   She hits the COCONUT CRUSHER!  Which is a REVERSE STO~!  Savanah Stone runs in and starts beating on Mylo.  I don't know why Mylo is having such a bad day.  She loses convincingly to Reka and then she gets beat on by two gals, for no real reason.  Might want to call your mom and talk it out.  OH!  Johnny Robbie comes in to make the save!  Viva Van storms the ring to make sure EVIL prevails!  Sandra Moon runs in for TRUTH and JUSTICE!  YAY!  IT'S CRAZY!  UWN HAS SOME LADIES AND A LADIES DIVISION!  AWESOME!  Let's hook these gals up in a trios match!  I like that UNW heel women are so EVIL.  WHAT JERKS!  This episode is awesome.  Oh man, it's Captain Shawn Dean!  Against fricking Vinnie Masaro!  What a totally fucking random match.  Insider Knowledge:  Shawn Dean books AEW Dark.  Masaro is good and has wrestled every big name in the indies. He beat Daniel Garcia last December.  HE WRESTLED TOMOHIRO ISHII last November!  Masaro with an EXPLOIDER SUPLEX~!  Captain hits the DEAL!  I assume a giant wad of UWN guys are showing up on Dark soon- as assume the Captain is scouting talent.  Masaro would be fun on Dark.    Beef Candy are babyfaces, which with Ricky Slade, is like Tully Blanchard being a babyface.  Midnight Heat has a bald guy and Midnight Express pants, like FTR.  It's a three way with the unfortunaltely names Wolf Zaddies.  The basic flaw of the three way starts right off- Che Cabrera and Midnight Heat create an alliance.. ah fuck it, I'm just going to wait for this fucking thing to end.  Oh, it's over!  BEEF CANDY are your new champions!  What a horrible thing to do to your titles by having them change in the middle of such a clusterfuck.  But it is United Wrestling Network and not New Japan Pro Wrestling.  It's not like you would put the UWN Tag titles on the line at a sold out arena in Chicago.  So yeah,  CWFHOL isn;t afraid to go as shitty indie as you can imagine.  Hey!  It's Danny Limelight!  Or Danny Rivera if we are watching MLW.  Limelight is a WRESTLING MACHINE.  Hey!  It's EJ Sparkz!  He is a big deal in Arizona.  Which sounds funny when you say it like that, but he's good.  I could see him in the IMPACT! X-Division after Trey Miguel, Chris Bey, Laredo Kid, Ace Austin, Speedball Mike Bailey and Rich Swan move on to other things.  He is the three time Arizona champion.  EJ gets in a flurry of offense early and looks good all indie highflying.  Limelight CUTS HIM OFF and beats the hell out of him.  Limelight hits a SWEET CHOKESLAM!  EJ looks good making his babyface comeback, hitting all kinds X-Divisiony offense.  Nice Spinebuster by Sparkz.   Spinning flipping things and Limelight leaves the ring!  Papo Esco is good on commentary.  Limelight cuts off Sparkz as he re-enters the ring.  They do some roll-ups and Limelight procures the Rear Naked Choke/Sleeper for the win!  That was good.  Hey! It's Zicky Dice!  He is the king of the lower-rung TV wrestling circle of heaven.  HIS MOM IS THERE!  He is wrestling Jordan Cruz for the Heritage championship!  Oh my God.  Zicky with a giant wad of offense to start.  Nice Belly to Belly Suplex by Dice.  CANNON BALL!  And what is that suplex called-  you take your opponent over from a front face lock?  That is what Zicky does.  Cruz finally gets in a dropkick to cut off Zicky Dice's MERCILESS ONSLAUGHT!  Jordan Cruz wrestles like an LA Dojo guy, but he isn't.  New Japan Strong should sign him.  Zicky Dice looks fucking great in this.  Cruz has sharp looking offense and he's all polished, but according to cagematch,  his biggest match in his career looks like getting beat by Lance Archer in 1:48 on Dark.  He makes Zicky Dice look like five million bucks in this match, pseudoconcussing himself by really leaning into Dice drag him off the top turnbuckle and going facefirst into the turnbuckle as Dice stomps his face into which.  Dice has giant wads if good-looking midgrade offense.  Zicky Dice with the CRAVATE~!  Zicky Dice IS World of Sport!  SWEET BACKDROP DRIVER by Jordan Cruz to fight the CRAVATE!  NEARFALL AFTER CRUZ HITS A Rolling Elbow to Dice!  Dice lowblows Jordan and is disqualified!  HIS MOTHER IS THERE!  That was good.  A good episode of the professional wrestling.  

• Like 1

Mike Anthony is our Memphis champion!  That was an effective use of Lance Archer in a three way- as a three way in an indie situation can be effective, since you don;t want your AEW star to crush your number one face AND Lance Archer isn't putting over any choade in the indies,  thus have Mike Anthony cash in his shitty MITB trophy mid match and have him pin your number one face who was beaten down by the mega star Lance Archer.  That's a thousand shitty indie booking ideas thrown together to actually work.  Mike Anthony is psycho like Slade but is already getting a babyface response because he is the Memphis indie version of Arn Anderson.  Bret Michaels agreeing to climbing the ladder to get a rematch will mean that we will have four weeks of squashes which is better than extended matches with Bret Michaels.  Austin Lane doesn't join Brandon Espinoza's non-existent faction!  Matt turned on Austin Lane and comes to ringside with the Russian guy to distract Lane and Espinoza gets a nearfall out of it.  Espinoza looks good in a Never Getting Any Bigger Than Championship Wrestling From Memphis kind of way.  This match is pretty good, as Austin Lane can work in a Southern indie kind of way.  They have a convoluted and confusing finish with Russians, chairs not used, Matt distracting the ref while Espinoza gets a visual pin and Lane waits it all out and wins with a Spear.  That could have gone better.  BOOKING~!  Hey!  It's Rhino!  HE accepts K Toomer's challenge!  Rhino decides that it will be HARDCORE!  I assume this will morph into a 3-way like the Lance Archer match morphed.  The Posse are ELECTRIC on THE STICK~!  AWESOME!  THE SKIMAHORNS!  YES!  COME FOR THE TAG TITLES!  Trace Lee Hunt is here to wrestle.  Gio Savage is his opponent.  Both are faces so the heat is weird.  Gio Savage has neat offense.  This is a good little match.  Hunt wins with a truly hilarious toprope headbutt.  Your main event is Derrick King and Cassandra Golden against Delicious Van Vicious and Dirty Diana Taylor who are now both aligned with the Penn Gillette of Pro Wrestling, Jimmy Blaylock.  Taylor hits a nice bulldog.  Golden hits a nice Sidewalk Slam.  Derrick King and Vicious play out the match as we await the Booking Of The Finish.  FLYING HIP ATTACK by Golden!  Hey!  A clean finish!  Golden pins Taylor AGAIN for the third time.  I assume that means Taylor is winning the women's title.  Perfectly fine to sometimes indie hilarious episode.

• Like 1

Mike Anthony dismantles Carlos Alexander Rios and Mike Anthony should wrestle in NOAH.  Big Jack and Bruce beat the Skimahorns after The Posse kidnap Briar Skimahorn from ringside!  Country Rock and the LA Hustlers have a match with a hilariously shitty finish.  Kross is great, having to wrestle because the two guys he manages, Martin and Jay Smooth, are both injured.  And Big Trouble Ben Bishop debuts against him.  Bishop looks to be 6'6".  Kross avoids him for a few minutes and hits him with Jay Smooth's crutch and does a backwards dance of CELEBRATION!  Bishop then kills him with a very awkward Cobra Clutch Suplex.  I look forward to more Kross forays into wrestling.  Hey!  EJ Sparksz is in the five way gauntlet match for the Internet Championship with Delicious Van Vicious and Big Swole!  And it's UNCLE MIKEY!  Welcome to this clusterfuck.  Uncle Mikey vs EJ Sparkz would be good.    Uncle Mikey no-shows because he looking for Briar!  Zicky Dice enters the match to make it a five way!  They whittle it down to Big Swole Justin Cole and Zicky Dice for the STRAP!  Hey!  Zicky Dice versus Uncle Mikey for the comical belt would totally rock.  You don't really need to see this episode, though.

Finally got a new to me episode of CWFH on Z Living!

PPRay vs. Midnight Heat was pretty good even with the belt shot finish. This leads to a video package showing Ray Rosas' recent losses where Avalon was no where to be found which leads to a backstage interview segment with PPRay where Midnight Heat and Beef Candy crash it.

Is this a PPRay recap episode? They discuss Ray and Avalon and Ray has a backstage interview segment where he explains why he turned on Avalon. 

Avalon vs. Jordan Cruz was solid. Zicky Dice shows up during the match! Zicky beats up Avalon and Cruz after the match! Rosas shows up and evens the odds.

Yeah this is a recap episode.

Avalon addresses the crowd at the Improv theater and explains stuff. Rosas jumps him. 

• Like 2

Shane Haste I'm aware of.  He is now a New Japan Strong guy and looks as polished as your average 36 year old Australian guy should look.  The one to watch is Kevin Martenson, who is a tag team wrestler who is in a bunch of tag teams they mention that I've seen,  but I don't remember ever seeing him.  He's really good though, judging from this match- YOUR SECRET WRESTLING MACHINE OF CWFH!  He sinks in a GREAT submission at the end of the match. Wrong guy won!  (I looked him up on cagematch.net and he is 40 years old and looks to have been wrestling for 18 years,)  Hey! It's Mike Anthony!  What's he doing in California?  Oh, beating the hell out of Mr Classic- who is an Arizona guy!  Arizona is great lost indie wonderland, it appears.  Anthony is sporting the Memphis Heritage STRAP~!   Mike Anthony sells really well when you stick him in an actual wrestling match with a guy who isn't a usual Memphis ham n egger.  It's Jack Banning- who is a key security guard to take the brunt from that bastard Warlow!  He should have gone with a better lawyer!  It's BEEF CANDY!  Richie Slade is the Gary Hart of babyfaces!  They get jumped by Midnight Heat- who come out demanding a rematch!  Next week when they are ready!  So great.  OH!  They are doing it this week.  For the THE BELTS~!  Midnight Heat are the Rock and Roll RMPS to FTR's Midnight Express.  I mean, they rule but they don't rule at a national level.  Slade becomes your slimiest Face In Peril.  I never really paid attention to the other half of Beef Candy- but his name is Flex McCallion.  This match is kinda awkward and has a lot of bad timing- but Richie Slade does bump like a total psycho in his strange quest to get over as a babyface.  Savannah Stone and Reka Tehaka have a secret partner!  Hey's It's Marina Shafir!  Johnny Robbie, MYLO from Virginia Beach and Delilah Doom!  CWFH has a waaay fun women's division.  Shafir and Reka Tahaka don't get along. Our heels hate each other our babyfaces are spunky!  Savannah Stone and Delilah Doom are good in the ring with each other.  Doom has perky babyface offense.  Stone hits a SWEET Exploider variation to cut off Doom and Shafir tags in and beats on Doom more.  Stone and Doom get back in the ring and they are good in the ring together as Stone German Suplexes Doom into the babyface corner allowing Johnnie Robbie to make the hot tag!  Our beloved babyfaces triple team Savannah Stone for two!  Marina Shafir and Reka Tahaka turn on each other and start beating on each other- THUS allowing the beloved babyface, MYLO, to roll up Stone for the win!  Oh man, so much fun.  I await Marina Shafir versus Reka Tahaka.  INVIKTUS KHASH!   He gets rolled up by some guy names Raymond Jazikoff in three seconds!  Jazikoff doesn't really roll off the tongue like GOLD-BERG! but we are in uncharted waters now.  Ray Rosas is evil here but he and Pretty Peter Avalon were back in love in Pamona at the Prestige Wrestling show last night.  Of course, a lot of things have happened since these tapings.  EJ Sparkz is from the underground mecca of wrestling, Arizona.  Last time I saw Sparkz, he was in Memphis- thus the Mike Anthony appearance comes full circle.  Sparks has matching orange hair and pants.  This is the most CWFH match in the history of Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.  All it needs is Howdy Price to pay off the ref.  Nice SUWA Dropkick by Sparkz.  Rosas leans into Sparkz knee to the face.  Yeah, Ray Rosas totally rules.  Rosas has a cool submission finisher.  That was a fun wad of wrestling.

• Like 1

Shane Haste's Saito suplex counter drew a single tear out of my eye.  It was so great.  I agree that the wrong guy won that match.  It should have been all over after Martenson's leg-triangle neck crank.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Mack vs. Dickenson was a great match with a great story.  Putting their main belt on Jordan Clearwater was kinda stupid, but at least it was a screw-job victory over Dickenson.   

If there is a rematch, Dickenson will have to put one of these on the mat

ab5c075cf3fcc83800549120509a8544.png

and lead Clearwater by the nose.  Jordan's got the smarmyness to be a good heel, but he still looks a bit awkward in the ring.  Something is missing from the formula.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Putting their main belt on Jordan Clearwater was kinda stupid, but at least it was a screw-job victory over Dickenson.   

Well, it's amazingly shitty indie booking but it is CWFH, an amazing indie.  Jordan is a perfectly fine guy to put the belt on, but what a shitty way to transfer your belt.  Thanks, Money In The Bank.

24 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Well, it's amazingly shitty indie booking but it is CWFH, an amazing indie.  Jordan is a perfectly fine guy to put the belt on, but what a shitty way to transfer your belt.  Thanks, Money In The Bank.

It looked like the booking was designed to keep Dickenson strong while making Clearwater out to be the genius heel capitalizing on a weakened opponent.  It is a shitty way to book a title change because it implies that Clearwater could not beat Dickenson in a straight-up match...

.... which he probably couldn't so maybe it is logical after all?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1