DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

It's the final day of the Grind City Rumble.  Somehow Dustin Starr managed to get Jordynn Grace and Thunder Rosa as entrants.  Are Dustin & Maria Starr the true power brokers of indy pro wrasslin'?  Is UWN is your unlikely gateway to super stardom?

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's the final day of the Grind City Rumble.  Somehow Dustin Starr managed to get Jordynn Grace and Thunder Rosa as entrants.  Are Dustin & Maria Starr the true power brokers of indy pro wrasslin'?  Is UWN is your unlikely gateway to super stardom?

Spoiler

I glad they had Thunder Rosa and Jordynn Grace alone for a while.  I also loved that they both put over Skyler, the local babyface.  Then my interest in the match kinda dissipated.  AND THEN the Skimahorns enter the ring.  There is a giant logical flaw in these matches- why not just not enter the ring.  These matches are so stupid.  THEN Uncle Mikey!  I was hoping Uncle Mikey would win it all but Austin Lane is good I guess.  That was soooo indietastic in that they moved forward about nine storylines.  

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Yeah.  That's Brian Cage and Joey Janela working the main event in Memphis.  

This episode is chock full.  Skimahorns wrestle Country Rock who owe Big Jack money.  Heather Monroe crushes Dirty Diane Taylor with a Bitchanoku Driver,  WRESTLING!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan Gresham may be defending the RoH World title on an upcoming episode of UWN Primetime Live.

Speaking of the Octopus, CWFH is still making episodes out of the matches from the UWN World Title tournament.  Fred Drosser vs. Shawn Diavari was featured as well as the match in ATL between Gresham and Mike Bennett.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Oh man, there is a really good David Ali/Mike Anthony match on this.  David Ali is the real deal.  He had that match against Tony Nese from the ATLANTA SLAB back when they were posting CWfATL.  There is also a good Uncle Mikey/Carlos Rios match.  Plus Martin wrestles.  So much wrestling in this episode of CWFMEM.

• Like 1

Man, every week Martin carries Big Swole to a classic.  I am in awe of that armwork and those punches.  Uncle Mikey's Shining Wizard is the best.  I still love the gimmick with his Skimahorn nephews being haters.

Is Gresham going to defend the RoH title against NIck Aldis in Mempho?  Did my eyes see that?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

This weeks slab from Memphis good matches with Uncle Mikey (accompanied by the newly self-dubbed Winnerhorns) against Kid Wrestling, David Ali against Carlos Rios, Derrick King in a six man and the best- Mike Anthony against Martin.  Martin is fucking awesome.  He is the epitome of Memphis wrestling.  David Ali is very good.

A wrestlingless show with one ten minute match at the end with ONE good wrestler in a six man.  But he is Martin so he carries the bulk of the match.  Skip to the end.

This week has a good little tag match with Nyla Rose and Skyler taking on Heather Monroe and Amber Rodriguez.  Rodriguez is surprisingly good.  The rest of the show is pretty much garbage.

• Like 1

Hey! It's EJ Sparkz!  I love the territorial thing of CWFHollywood/Atlanta guys coming in to CWFMemphis.  Mike Anthony is prolly the best guy in Memphis who isn't Martin.  This match is good.  Martin wrestles in the opening match and wrestle around the other three shmoes involved.  The main event is garbage.

• Like 1

This is a good one.  Nick Aldis vs Jonathan Gresham for the ROH title.  It's like a Mid-Atlantic face versus face studio match.  The crowd is into it.  It's good.  There is also a TRIPLE THREAT match which makes no sense for the women's title.  Heather Monroe hits a Bitchinoku Driver.  

• Like 1

The main event is some ugly wrestling, since Brett Michaels and Austin Lane aren't Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley or anything, but they get over a good story of Lane spindling Michaels giant arm and shoulder and it really works by the time they hit the finish.  BRAVO, JOURNEYMEN INDIE WRESTLERS!  Uncle Mikey and K Toomer is good because Uncle Mikey can carry a game K Toomer.  Speaking of carrying somebody, David Ali wrestles circles around Big Swole and then wrestles more circles around him.  It was like he took somebody out of the audience and carried them to a good match.  David Ali is the best wrestler in Memphis.  The Skimahorns help Derrick King and Danny B Good against the evil Elements of Wrestling so I'm confused.  Weirdly good episode of wrestling.

• Like 1

This episode is pretty okay.  Dirty Diana Taylor wrestles Cassandra Golden and has a nervous breakdown.  The Yung Goats and Country Rock have a perfectly fine match.  Uncle Mikey takes on the fabulous Delicious Vann Vicious in a way too short match.  Martin makes a match with Brett Michaels and Big Swoll Justin Cole watchable.  Next week, I think Will Allday is wrestling, so that'll be good.

• Like 1

Oh man, this has a great six man match, as Uncle Mikey and the Skimahorns challenge Delicious Van Vicious and other two shmoes in Elements of Wrestling for the Trios title.  Briar Skimahorn is missing!  Uncle Mikey and Brad Skimahorn battle on, two on three!  It is a total Memphis match in the best sense of the word.  Also, Derrick King looks great getting wrecked by K Toomer, Master of Fatjitsu.  YAY! SKIMAHORNS~!

• Like 1

This was a good episode.  Will Allday and Cameron Cole from Reality of Wrestling go at it with Booker T on the call.  I love that both of these guys are such natural heels with two of the more punchable faces in the biz, but Will Allday is over in Memphis as a face because Cameron Cole brings giant dollops of douchiness.  One of the better matches in the history of this show.  There is also a fabulous Martin match, as he takes on Bret Michaels and looks great while knowingly not winning.  Mike Anthony looks ready to finally get the belt.  YAY! MEMPHIS RULES THIS WEEK!

• Like 1

Ryan Rembrandt had some really good matches in CWATL so I am glad he got some ring time in Mempho and got to push Anthony to the limit rather than get squashed.  

Will Allday is the fucking best.  He needs an AEW Dark minipush.

• Like 1

This week has Mike Anthony slaughterizing Zicky Dice, K Toomer slaughterizing Martin (in a good match) and Derriick King versus Delicious Van Vicious.

• Like 1

Hey!  Championship Wrestling From Hollywood is back to making new television (though this wasn't on the ZLiving channel this week).  Prince Nana comes out and challenges Chris Dickenson to wrestle Invictus Khash, which would be good.  Mylo is a gal from Virginia Beach!  Maybe she went to First Colonial or Kempsville.  She wrestles Johnnie Robbie who is without a cagematch.net profile.  Johnny Robbie looks pretty good for a youngster.  Mylo is one of the Santino trainees, who are all over the CWFHWD women's division.  Reno Scum!  Where have they been since leaving IMPACT! a thousand years ago?  They wrestle the newly really jacked up Wolf Zaddies, who I don't remember them being evil.  But they are now.  Chris Dickenson is good on commentary.   The Wolf Zaddies are the new High Voltage but with a far shittier name.  Tito Escondido hits a sweet Exploider!  Tito is the superworker of the Wolf Zaddies (wolf zaddies....)  Luster the Legend is a fun house a-fire.  Tito hits a SWEET Rotation Powerbomb!  Oh man, the finish is really fun. TITO ESCONDITO~!  of the wolf zaddies.... Oh man, Karl Fredericks takes on Danny Limelight!  This is a good episode to restart.  Dickenson talks about Fredericks being trained by Shibata.  Limelight is taking an offbeat career path, eschewing an AEW contract to split time between New Japan and MLW.  Karl Fredericks is totally New Japan- but he isn't very exciting.  Limelight brings the ring savvy to make this good.  Fredericks will lay it in.  This is a good episode.  WELCOME BACK, CWFHWD!

• Like 1

Why is there two episodes of Championship Wrestling from Memphis this week?  Mike Anthony gets totally crushed by a Modern Day Jeff Hardy Swanton by Brandon Espinoza.  GEEZ!  Then Mike Anthony goes back to beating him to death.  The Yung Goats get carried by Martin. Man, Martin is fucking awesome.  Evil Uno shows up and drafts Kid Wrestling for the Dark Order!  Oh man, Kid Wrestling is TOTALLY MAGIC ON THE STICK!  He is Mose Schrute if Mose ever talked.  He is then totally destroyed by K Toomer, the Master of Fatjitsu!  Toomer then challenges Rhino!  Your main event is Austin Lane taking on Trace Lee Hunt.  According to cagematch.net, Austin Lane was trained by Jerry Lynn.  The match is very odd. Hunt has a very peculiar style.  I dub this episode as: Hilarious.

• Like 1

Ryan Rembrandt and DJ Brown have a very nice Junior heavyweight match.  DJ Brown hits a BLOCKBUSTER!  He's buff and ladies can't get enough!  The Skimahorns have t-shirts!  The Skimahorns are suddenly very over in Memphis.  Brad Skimahorn wrestles Carlos Alexander Rios and Uncle Mikey notes that it is now B-Rad Winnerhorn.  This match is REALLY Memphis studio wrestling- where you punch to TRANSITION~!  B-RAD Winnerhorn wins with a fancy roll-up that Uncle Mikey taught him.  Big Jack and his brother, Bruce, beat the hell out of Country Rock for your main event.  It's pretty crappy.  Very Memphis this week.

• Like 1

Allright!  More new CWFHOLLYWOOD!  This was ALSO not on this week's ZLiving show, which is still showing reruns.  Disturbing. Diconcerting.  Ju Dizz is mentioned for being on AEW Dark and I love that aspect of Championship Wrestling- showing these indie guys in longer, competitive matches.  I remember the first time I saw Platinum Max Caster as an indie shmoe on this show like TWO WEEKS before the Acclaim debuted in AEW.  DIZZ WITH A BLOCKBUSTER!  HE'S BUFF, HE'S THE STUFF and THE LADIES CAN'T GET ENOUGH!  Lord Crewe shows up to protect Halston Boddy from Boddy's wrestler he just turned on.  Zicky Dice is here after showing up in Memphis a few weeks ago.  Zicky Dice is in the Peter Avalon Realm of lower level IMPACT!/AEW DARK star power to show up in Championship Wrestling like it's a territory.  Ray Rosas and EJ Sparks wrestle for the severalist time- as EJ Sparks misses a point by not going with Spark"Z" since it would go with his hilariously inide hair.  Man, both of these guys have been in CWFHWD for as long as I have been watching it and they are both are really good, but this is about as far as they will get.  Rosas isn't physically impressive enough to go to the next level.  Sparks missed all the breaks that Chris Bey got climbing the ladder and that's what Sparks is, a less athletic Chris Bey.  But he's good. he's just sooo indie.  This match is good.  EJ Sparks makes Rosas look great.  Rosas makes Sparks look great.  Rosas hits a toprope body splash for a cool nearfall.  Rosas misses a QUEBRADA~! and EJ Sparks hits a superkick and goes over clean as a sheet!  Cool but unexpected.    The Natural Classics are actually from Australia according to cagematch.net so they should be schooled in  the arts of Australian Tag Team Wrestling.  Midnight Heat are awesome 80's style tag wrestlers who are now being managed by a guy who is doing a tweeker gimmick.  Ricky Gibson wears Stan Lane Midnight Express tights and Eddie Pearl wears Bobby Eaton long pants.  Ricky Gibson doesn't have Stan Lane's luscious locks.  Eddie Pearl takes a knee to the chin and looks legit knocked out.  He comes back into the match and guts it out but he is out of it. Rockin Ricky Gibson tags in and wrestles the rest of the match and CHEATS TO WIN!  The Natural Classics were perfectly fine.  Awesome!  Prince Nana brings Inviktus Khash to the ring.  I am excited to see him wrestle in a actual match since seeing him tag with Ariya Daivari on Dark.  The commentators, who are just behind IMPACT! guys for being really good, note the World of Sport roots of Khash.  El Primohenio is really good, hanging with Khash on the mat. Khash gave him giant wads of this match and then takes him out with a REAR NAKED CHOKE~! or a Sleeper, I can't really tell the difference.   Hey! it's Zicky Dice versus Papo Esco, the KING FAT BOY!  The really great commentators get Zicky over as former NWA Television Champion, instead of a guy who gets slaughtered every week on IMPACT!  That's what good commentators do, make you give a shit about the match you are about to watch.  The last match I saw Zicky Dice have was a total hoot against Matt Cardona on the last Zicky Dice Twitch special.  It involved an escalator.  Zicky Dice is awesome.  I wonder if Slice Boogie and Danny Limelight are still in the Bodga, or are they totally MLW/New Japan Strong now.  Well, Chris Dickenson is the UWN champ and he is big in the New Japan Strong.  I love the seedy underbelly of the bigger wrestling companies and who they let wrestle where.  They mention Dickenson vs Jordan Clearwater for the belt and that is TOTAL New Japan Strong and Clearwater was on NWA Powerr this week.  It's such a modern day territory system.  Zicky Dice CHEATS and CHEATS!  He also does a toprope Cravate!  World of Sport!  Into a Modified BLOCKBUSTER!  Why have I seen THREE Blockbusters this week, twice on this show.  The Championship Wrestling HOUSE STYLE~! is that you sell the whole match if you are pretty much assumed to win, as shown by this match and the Invictus Khash match.  Zicky Dice hits a SWEET powerbomb on the huge Papo Esco and that looked fucking beautiful and it is a hot nearfall!  Zicky hits him with the fannypack!  Another hot nearfall!   Papo Esco hits a powerslam and wins!  That's a fun episode of wrestling.

• Like 1

Finally got new episodes on Z Living!

Halston Body is no longer a fab gay man is now a weird stoic Amish man! The match with Lord Crewe was meh.

Beef Candy are back and are faces? Sure. Flex actually worked a decent amount this time.

Guy Tweakacetti comes out and says no one is good enough for the Midnight Heat! Which bring out Beef Candy to challenge for the belts, which then brings out the tag team of Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas (apparently they are PPRay and were a tag team previously in CWFH, good on the announcers for bringing that up). They say they're here to last and want a shot. Guy then gets all worked up and accepts a 3 way. The result is spoiled based on the promo videos for the next taping on 05/17 that has shots of the tag champs. I'll leave it vague in case these promos aren't on the YouTube video.

Baron Black takes on Honest John and Black is not here for HJ's games and handles him with ease.

I thought Reka Tahakka was a chubby lady wrestler, not a tallish jakked lady, this changes my feelings for her. Decent match.

• Thanks 1