DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

I've been watching this the last couple weeks on the Z Living channel and it is really really indie.  This week they had a match from Middle Kingdom Wrestling from China.  The Rockness Monster carried the faces, Black Mamba and Bamboo Crusher, to a good little match.

It really is.

There's so many guys that just confuse me. Like what is Royce Issacs? I know he does some stuff in Bram and Alids in the NWA but in CWFH he's technically their top heel? But the tassels on his gear confuse me, and his manager is Jimmy Iovine's son?

And don't get me started on the Friendship Farm or Wolf Zaddies.

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

I've been watching this the last couple weeks on the Z Living channel and it is really really indie.  This week they had a match from Middle Kingdom Wrestling from China.  The Rockness Monster carried the faces, Black Mamba and Bamboo Crusher, to a good little match.

Every time I try to DVR this shit when the stupid fucking xFinity Schedule says it's on Z Living, I either end up recording an oldie show or an infomercial.  

23 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

It really is.

There's so many guys that just confuse me. Like what is Royce Issacs? I know he does some stuff in Bram and Alids in the NWA but in CWFH he's technically their top heel? But the tassels on his gear confuse me, and his manager is Jimmy Iovine's son?

And don't get me started on the Friendship Farm or Wolf Zaddies.

They got a couple of guys who can go but I can't tell them apart.  I love the guy who lost the TV title this week.  Whoever the hell he is.

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

They got a couple of guys who can go but I can't tell them apart.  I love the guy who lost the TV title this week.  Whoever the hell he is.

That's Royce Issacs. I like him too, but his charcater is still confusing to me. It's probably the tassels. I don't associate tassels with heels. He had a pretty good strap match with Bateman a few months back for the TV title.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ka-to said:

There is a related TV show called Championship Wrestling from Arizona which is even worse.

DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF THE GREATNESS THAT IS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM ARIZONA!!!!!!!

They managed to unearth Johnny Jeter this year, and Peter Avalon is much better here than he ever has been on AEW. 

4 minutes ago, Dewar said:

DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF THE GREATNESS THAT IS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM ARIZONA!!!!!!!

They managed to unearth Johnny Jeter this year, and Peter Avalon is much better here than he ever has been on AEW. 

I know he talked about Hollywood on a recent podcast but does Peter still do the stripper gimmick in Arizona?  Sounds like it worked pretty well though it'd be interesting to see if he worked in any part of the Librarian gimmick.

6 minutes ago, Dewar said:

No, he's "Producer" Peter Avalon. Supposedly in charge of the show. Frequently attacked by a much larger wrestler who destroys him. 

That actually does sound like a suitable role for him.  I like guy so as long as he's doing great then that's cool with me.

God, it was low rent this week. So many fat and skinny guys.  You did have the Chikara-esque guys, which doesn't really elevate your promotion from ultra indie, but it does give it a different look.  

The main event was good because Andy Brown and Adrian Quest are a fun ass-stomper tagteam.

Everything this week was pretty good.  Dan George versus Ice Williams was a full Worldwide point.  

Levi Shapiro looks all untanned and indie, but he wrestles like fuckin 1988 Ted Dibiase.  His fucking elbow drops are fucking Valentine-esque.

Your main event was as indie as the Vermin tag match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Is it Dan George or Dan Joseph? Either way he's gotten way goofier since he came back.

Classic Connection stunk, but I'm in on Levi and Buddy feuding. And Howdy Price is indy AF.

I misread that as Classic Concentration. I loved that game show as a kid and it airs on the Buzzr network M-F from 1-2 pm, and Saturdays there's a Concentration marathon. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

For the record when I heard the name and saw Howdy Price with them, I assumed that would be a bit more burly and rough and tumble so it wasn't the best presentation. If you would have given the Wolf Zaddies that gimmick, I think it would have worked a bit better. But the Zaddies are over with their thing, and you got a pretty nice feud with Levi and Buddy with a blow off match at a big event so I all worked out.