DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

So they're going ahead with the "Niko hates women's wrestling" angle eh? At least Heather Monroe is back.

I assume we'll get more matches with Rivera and Slice Boogie. I'm here for it.

Tag match was whatever. The sketch with Andy Brown, Adrian Quest and whoever their new mouthpiece is (was that Ricky Mandel?) seems interesting.

Paranoid Ray Rosas~! Very indy ending though with no real finish to the match.

• Like 1

Dan Joseph and Slice Boogie was a good match.   Heather Monroe and Lacy Ryan again was good. 

Everything else was kinda crappy.  The Millenials are some pasty dudes.

• Like 1

The Primetime Live theme sounds like some music that wouldn't be out of place in a FirePro game.

Dug the beatdown on Rosas.

So many indytatsic dudes in the tag division, I need the Wolf Zaddies to come back and drop some dudes on their head or something.

• Like 1

This was the best episode since they restarted.  I had forgotten that I had seen Will Allday in Reality of Wrestling until they mentioned it.  His match was perfectly fine.    Clark Conners and Slice Boogie were an impressive tagteam.  It dawned on me that Conners looks exactly like Hangman Adam Page.  Like EXACTLY like him.  I thought this match was going to a craptastic indie shitshow, but Friends Farm showed up and  BROUGHT THE STIFF!  The fat guy hits a really sweet Saito Driver.  The main event was good too.  EJ Sparks sells very Ricky Mortonesque for Danny Limelight Rivera and Papo Esco.  Dan Joseph was impressive with the hot tag and the win.  So Cal Distancing being a third rate Contra Squad reminds one that this is a very indie operation.  Good show though.  Squashing Jack Cartwright is no way to go though.

• Like 1

Friendship Farm brought it on this episode!

Conners looks great each week. It's hard to tell who's actually tall or not in this promotion, but Conners does look like Baby Hangman.

So the Niko Marquez angle, this can't end in a satisfying way, right? I mean he's already gotten his ass kicked by the women already. Oh well.

Fat man crossbody by Trevor Murdoch in the Primetime Live bumper!

• Like 1

Whoa! Lacey Ryan vs. Heather Monroe was really good. I came in a little after it started but that was killer. Good work on the hands from Monroe, good reversals and strikes, both seemed like they were working with a vengeance. If I was with AEW or WWE I'd be looking at both of them. It's great to get a match completely cold that puts your ears up. 

• Like 2

Pre pandemic, Heather Monroe and Lacy Ryan were featured in Impact (Lacy had a few matches while they did some shows from Vegas and Heather was in some vignettes with Taya) but nothing came from that. I know Heather had a match or two in AEW.

Regarding this week's episode:

So we're getting a women's title? If you count all of the UWN affliated promotions, I guess it could work, but there's only 4 CWFH women working right now. Wonder who they'll bring in.

Clearwater/Sparks was pretty good.

Watts always sounds like he just woke up.

Tag match was meh.

Women's match was really good! 

The announcing is really good.  I wish I was watching the match they were announcing during the Clearwater/Sparks match.  They did not lay it in.  

The tag match was horrendously indie.

Lacey Ryan and Heather Monroe didn't punch each other in the face with their taped fist, but it was a good match.  They turned the whole women's division face and Heather Monroe is the saviour and guiding force.  So meta.

Jack Cartwright is awesome.  I dug the Jesse James guy with the indie Stan Hanson gimmick.  He sold more than Stan would have.  So it was a good match.

Cece Chanel was Princess Aussie in WOW.  She's good.  

Dan Joseph and Levi Shapiro!  Shapiro rules!

• Like 2

I don't think Cartwright has hit that handspring elbow yet and it's always his downfall. Jesse James is the perfect Indie Hansen. 

That women's match was pretty good!

Howdy shaking the ropes during the introductions a mugging was hilarious. 

Levi~!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I did watch this weekend, but I don't remember too much of it. The stupid Niko angle, the tag title match was fun until the finish. Levi and Howdy had a good promo.

I watched it and immediately forgot every thing I just watched.   The Jesse James match wasn't....good.  

• Like 1

Much better this week.  I dug the Four Minutes of Heat match- but the FMoH guy shouldn't have kicked out of the VHK-guy's fucking awesome Black Cat DDT.  Chris Dickinson hitting the Death Valley Bomb on the very large Robin Shaw was fucking awesome too.  That's two good Robin Shaw matches that I've seen now.   Showtime Joe Cruz! was impressive.  Heather Monroe and Ruby Raze were both trained at Santino Brothers so I'm wondering if Raze help train Monroe.  I love that they did basically low rent Vader vs Flair.

• Like 1

I just got into Championship's YouTube from watching UWN and it rules! 4 Minutes of Heat are super solid as a heel team and VSK is definitely on the up, that was indeed a sick high angle DDT. Dickinson is the guy to watch in a lot of these companies, I've seen him put on a really good matches with a diverse group of opponents over the past couple of months and it seems like a matter of time before he shows up someplace bigger. I like Heather Monroe, Ruby I'm less sold on so far, I need to see more. That table was did not want to cooperate at all though, that senton had to hurt.

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

Much better this week.  I dug the Four Minutes of Heat match- but the FMoH guy shouldn't have kicked out of the VHK-guy's fucking awesome Black Cat DDT.  Chris Dickinson hitting the Death Valley Bomb on the very large Robin Shaw was fucking awesome too.  That's two good Robin Shaw matches that I've seen now.   Showtime Joe Cruz! was impressive.  Heather Monroe and Ruby Raze were both trained at Santino Brothers so I'm wondering if Raze help train Monroe.  I love that they did basically low rent Vader vs Flair.

I agree 100% with the kickout on the DDT should not have happened. Shaw is pretty solid with his stuff and can move. 

Main event was dope, what the hell was that table made of?

Hey!  Clark Conners is back.  He's good.  He also looks exactly like Adam Page.   Max Caster was fun.  Anthony Idol is very indie but his finisher is nice.  VSK was trained by the same people that trained Max Caster if the announcers have their story straight- though Cagematch.net doesn't say. Robin Shaw is the best JTTS in CWfH.  Man, he wasn't afraid to lay it in on VSK. SHAW WINS!  SHAW WINS!  I dug Snypes and Jordan Clearwater is getting better.  The Arizona State Title is the most indie thing on TV though the EJ Sparks/ Ray Rosa match was perfectly fine before it got all sloppy AND THEN THE SHMOZZ!  Jack Cartwright is paid off by Levi Shapiro to throw the match!  Isn't wrestling, by its very nature,  fixed? I'm confused.

• Like 1

I love watching this show on a Sunday morning while having breakfast. Connors is pretty dope, and Shaw is fun to watch in the ring.

Dug the announcer taking off his headset and looking ready to scrap when Miguel crashed the set.

The envelope being really thin for the payoff makes perfect sense for an indie. ?

• Like 1

Clearwater is looking good. It's probably more due to his face maturing and not looking like a little kid as much.

If Watts can beat up a guy in a mask, then no one should have a problem wearing one ?

Then he took it off. Ah well.

VSK/EJ Sparks was pretty good not sure why they had the distraction with Watts and Miguel.

• Like 1

Yeah, that main event was really good before they had to go all indie with the Watts stuff.   Clark Connors vs Snypes was good.  The Bodega vs Wasted Youth would have been a fine dark match from AEW Dark.

• Like 1