DVDVR Message Board

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING from HOLLYWOOD/MEMPHIS/ATLANTA

DEAN

I guess this is the Going to Bigger Places episode.  Zicky Dice says he isn't wrestling here anymore after a good match against the goldenboy guy.  Then Lacey Ryan beats Vipress the same week that she shows up on Impact.  Then the main event between Vermin and the unfortunately named Wolf Zaddies becomes a loser leaves town match.  I assumed the Wolf Zaddies were heading to the WWE PC.  INSTEAD they beat Vermin in a really fun match.  Sooooo.... Vermin is going to ROH to fill out Life Force?  Best episode so far.

• Like 1

Loved Anthony Idol going with the old school hyped up promo. I just assumed that Wolf Zaddies are too short to get signed to WWE(although Tito is listed at 6'1 and Che at 6'). And Yuma got rid of the mullet, you knew he had to be leaving.

The Levi Shapiro vs Buddy Wolf (?) match was prolly the best match I've seen on this show so far.  Buddy Wolf know a thousand roll-ups and he did them all in the first five minutes!  I love that shit.

The main event was hilariously indie.  You build up for weeks to your tournament final and you have the finish be THAT finish.  HIGHlarious.

• Like 1

It's Buddy Royal not Wolf. Howdy Price wiping Levi down constantly was hilarious and creepy.

What an indy garbage ending in the main event! I love it! I need someone in WWE to use that (not in an important title match or anything).

I usually get two broadcasts of this show, one on Saturday at 11PM CST and one at 2 in the morning in on Mondays. The Saturday broadcast was a repeat of last week so I was worried they ran out of taped episodes. But the 2AM airing was this one.

This week was the most solid wrestling over a whole episode- even the amazingly Not Ready For NXT opener.  

So Andy Brown is the best wrestler in the whole deal.

Was this episode the one where 4 Minutes of Heat debuted? Rockin Ricky Gibson randomly follows me on twitter so I really want them to become successful now.

Actually this weeks episode has 4 Minutes of Heat. They wouldn't be out of place on an episode of WCW Saturday night. The "make your opponents do a Canadian Destroyer to each other was the most indy shit ever.

Watts always seems like he should be a more interesting wrestler than he is. I looked it up and he was on Tough Enough in 2011 and wasn't signed after the show. If WWE won't sign a big guy like that, then what the hell?

The trio of Brown, Quest and Rosas is so scummy, I love it.

Looking at CWFH's twitter they had enough in the can to get through the second week of April so there's that.

Zicky Dice is BACK!  And he is now Vader!

I love that they used Levi Shapiro not using his loaded glove to win, to set up Shapiro vs Buddy Royal.  Whatever gets more Levi Shapiro on my TV is perfectly okay with me.

When I saw the time remaining on the recording for the main event, I thought we were going to get a BS ending especially when Static walked away. I get the ending in a send the crowd home sense.

Dean is here for more Levi, I'm here for more Buddy. Also, Dan Joseph keeps getting shoved aside in his matches and it's hilarious.

They mentioned another match between Lacy Ryan and Heather Monroe so there that for next week.

Is it me or does Blake Troop's commentary sound like lines from a video game? They're so generic.

More Buddy/Levi~!

Wasn't expecting all of that for the Lacy Ryan/Heather Monroe match. I want to see them finish this but that's probably it for episodes.

This week was very squashy.  I dug the Ice/Whatshisname match.  The big bump by Body was fun.  The bottle spots were suitably indie for this promotion.  The rest of the match was good.

And they're out of taped episodes. That's a sweet looking world title but it would water down the title situation, right? I'm still not sure which title is more important between the TV title and the Hollywood Heritage title, I'd guess Hollywood Heritage, but who knows.

Out of the China matches, it was weird to see Reno Scum play faces in a match. I really dug Alids vs. Colt. 

The Memphis airing was last years Red Carpet RUmble,but now with Dustin Starr and Maria popping up with insights thru out the match.

Decent watch. Seems you can watch it live each week with Dustin. Who looks like  a brunette Johnny Bravo(cartoon Network not Brady Bunch)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They're finally getting around to airing old content. This week was previous year's Red Carpet Rumbles. The first was from 2013 and had a final four of Scorpio Sky, Willie Mack, Ricky Mandel and Eli Drake/Shawn Rickert. Everyone pretty much looks the same except Sky, Mack and Drake have gotten bigger over the years.

Next one is from 2015 and I did not recognize Peter Avalon AT ALL. Che Cabrera with hair!

The other ones had more current members of the roster with no real surprises. I'd like to actually see one of these in full since I'm a sucker for Battle/Royal Rumbles.

And they have merch now. I could go for a Killer Bae coffee mug.

TV Title Highlights!

I'd like to see the full Mack/Sky ladder match.

The venue in Arizona in the Rosas/Grimsley match was pretty neat looking, very indie finish there by the way.

Hey Sky vs. Rocky Romero! More shenanigans with the finish! Although the two kids in the front row with the Scorpio Sky sign hiding their heads in shame when Sky used the title belt for the finish was great.

• 3 weeks later...

New episode! Color announcer in a sleeveless suit!

New Heritage Chamnp in Ray Rosas. Typical overconfident longtime champ shocked by roll up. This gives Rosas, Quest and Andy Brown all of the titles in the promotion and establishes them as the big heel group. Is there dissension~!?

Father/son promoter segment with son being a COVID denier/sexist to women's wrestling to further set up him being a heel promoter? Eh. Did Heather Monroe sign to AEW? That would explain it if they're short of women to work right now. Their roster was thin as it was (Monroe, Lacy Ryan, the woman that was with the Soul Burners and I'm not sure after that).

Friendship Farm/randos was ok. Robin Shaw looks like he dropped a couple lbs during the shutdown. 

Frankie Frank is always here to get squashed for our sins. And I appreciate it.

Sweet NWA title lapel pin on the ring announcer. I think the TV title match would have been way better with a crowd.

Clearly CWFH is working with the NJPW on the USA shows. One of the LA young lions is in the main event along with Danny Rivera who's been on some of the NJPW USA shows. I'm guessing Rocky is the link?

I'll never get over Rosas' theme now that he's a heel.

They turned on Rosas! 

• Like 1

This week had Clark Conners vs Jack Cartwright.  This is the first time I've seen either.  I read on Cagematch.net that Conners is signed to New Japan.  Who is this Cartwright fella? 

Then Slice Boogie (SLICE BOOGIE?) and Danny Rivera killed each other and it was fun.

THEN it went all super indie with Friends Farm.

YEA!  NEW WRESTLING! 

• Like 2