DVDVR Message Board

2013 CFL Thread

DouglasC

That Calgary-Edmonton game was INSANE. Edmonton sucked WORSE than the Bombers (if that's even POSSIBLE) all game, and in the last 8 minutes of the game, almost pulled it out. Insane. Makes you wonder what the Bombers could be doing if they had gone after Reilly in the off season, instead of taking a pass on him...

In a way I don't know whether to feel better or worse about this loss than some of the recent ones. I mean... those were legit close games we failed to capitalize on, and those make your head explode when you have a bunch in a row. This was a game Edmonton had no business being in whatsoever (something like 47 yards offense through three quarters) and a totally odd bunch of things just started happening. I mean I'm not happy we played so badly for the first three quarters at all. But at least it makes coming up short more digestible in a way. I'm not delusional enough to believe we really deserved a win today. It would have been one of the great snatch and grab jobs in the entire history of football if we'd somehow pulled it off.

That first quarter was blatantly unprofessional. Just completely not ready to go. The internet rage of my fellow Eskimos fans was a sight to behold.

I do like Mike Reilly. Say what you want about the guy, he is not a quitter. Guy was clearly hurt for a lot of the second half and wasn't going to lay down, so that's nice at least.

But really.... 1 win? Come on. This stinks.

They were originally going to make them actually resemble the vintage jerseys, but the stripes on the original were blue, and Hamilton fans balked at any usage of the Argos colours on the uniform.

Seriously.

http://www.guelphmercury.com/sports-story/4059500-ticats-to-pay-tribute-to-flying-wildcats-with-historic-uniforms/

That colour is synonymous with the archrival Toronto Argonauts and test marketing revealed with a select group of Ticat fans revealed that was a non-starter."Everyone's reaction to having blue in our jerseys — despite the fact that it would have been true to the original — wouldn't fly with our fan base," said Dunnett. "They said it was blasphemous."

What? No mention of the end of the Buck Pierce era in WInnipeg? Less than an hour after their second win, they traded Pierce back to BC, for non-import receiver Akeem.... somebody.I have already heard 5 people say, "Wouldn't it be something if Lulay got injured, and Pierce when in to lead the Lions to a Grey Cup appearnce?", because really, that is actually not only not out of the realm of possibility in this league, but probably to be expected, knowing the Bombers' luck.

With all his problems Buck should be on the road to player coach a la Kerry Joseph this year in Edmonton... though you'd hope with more success.

I thought he was a good pick up for BC. They gave up very little for a guy that is good for 3 or 4 games a year which is all they'd probably need, if that.

Buck was such a good dude and he really seemed to want to stay here, so I was a bit surprised, I assumed they were gonna slide him over to coaching next year. The fact we got anything, though, is pretty good. I don't know anything about this kid, but he's Canadian and we might as well bring in as many receivers as we can, to see who sticks.

Wonder what happens with Buck's restaurant?

Winnipeg have looked completely incompetent except about 6 quarters against Saskatchewan of all teams this year. I wasn't really sure what to expect today after they stepped up at home against a big rival, but they went right back to... not very good.

Edmonton just played the way they've played for like 5 weeks but just against a worse team, which was obviously going to be enough when you lost 4 games by 7 total points. The difference between Fred Stamps all alone and Fred Stamps with a healthy Adarius Bowman to go to for the hot tag is a nice sight again.

The Argos have signed a lease with the Rogers Centre until 2017 except the lease can be terminated by either side at any time.  David Braley says he wants to sell both the Argos and Lions in the next 3 years and supposedly MLSE is kicking the tires and looking into the cost to expand BMO Field.  The Blue Jays are supposedly looking to the end of the 2015 baseball season to bust up the floor of the Dome and put natural grass in there.  Now you can almost see a timeline of what is going to happen here but since it is Toronto you know none of these things are going to happen.  Other than grass in the Dome.