DVDVR Message Board

2013 CFL Thread

DouglasC

Jim Popp is coaching the Alouettes now? What the fuck?  What an ugly year.

It's basically like you are rooting for Jerry Jones twice now

Maybe it's time to give Pro Lacrosse a second look.

I can't tell you how it feels to know that beating Edmonton now, but not beating them by enough, is now grounds to cost a coach his job. Fuck me.

Also, Buck Pierce is out as starter in Winnipeg. They say they are going with Justin Goltz the rest of the year and Buck is being asked to back up/help with the offense. Considering his injuries, heading towards a player coach role is probably the best thing for the guy. He could still have a long future in football but I don't really want to see him play until he has like 18 concussions.

Bombers/Eskimos/Ti-Cats three way dance for the #1 draft pick this season. Bombers stink, and I can't bring myself to buy tickets to a game, now that they jacked the prices for the new stadium.

Fucking Bombers can't even fire shitty ass Joe Mack properly. Instead, an anonymous board member has leaked to the media that the club president has recommended that Mack be fired. I guess I shouldn't expect better from the worst run team in the league.

I really think Dan Hawkins would have been capable of coaching the Als to such assbeating as this.  Mantra from here on out: Montreal sucking balls means Cowboys Superbowl bound!

He's a few more Booster Juice smoothies from being as wide as he is tall.

Back in the days where I sat in section S, we had someone stand up and yell "Who's better than Wade Miller?" and the response was always "Everybody!", just like when Kanyon used to do his "Who better than Kanyon" surveys in WCW. Good times...

Watching coverage of the circus that is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers this week, the immediate question that came to mind was, just how many people can you throw under one bus at one time? To wit:

- upon being demoted from starting QB to THIRD in the rotation, they interviewed Goltz, whose best comment was, "I'm still young, and have the best years of my life as quarterback ahead of me, so I'm not going to say anything that may jepoardize my career". Yikes. He was PISSED.

- Buck's best quote: "I've never seen anything like this in pro sports". When you're starting to make the Oakland effing Raiders look like a paragon on sanity, you're in trouble.

- on who made the decision to put Hall as #1 QB: Goltz:"I have no idea. Ask anybody around here... nobody seems to have an answer". Offensive co-ordinator Gary Crowton: "This was a decision we came to as a team and as a coaching staff...". Head coach Tim Burke: "This was a decision made completely, enthusiastically and whole-heartedly by the offensive co-ordinator and his staff". Yikes. The buck is getting passed so fast (yuk yuk... double entendre!), the friction is setting it on fire.

The Bombers are in free fall, and we're only 8 games in. I'm putting my money on the U of M Bisons to be the first Manitoba team to get a win at the new stadium (which has a laundry list of complaints all its own).

• Like 1

I'm going to have to check out some Bisons home games this year, just so I can avoid spending money watching the Bombers stink out the stadium. The good thing about going camping in the bush this weekend is that I won't find out the Bombers losing score until Sunday night.

Is this the first time an entire football league has decided to coast after getting a big money deal?  They picked a great year for two storied franchises to look like XFL teams.