DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I think part of Austin's great 2001 was, he felt better for the first time in years. He came back from neck surgery, took a month or two to knock off some ring rust and get back in the swing, and by December or January he was going absolutely full tilt with Angle in a RAW main event. Then going 40 minutes with Hunter, having those crazy matches with Benoit and Jericho, the great feud with Angle... And by 2002 his body was breaking down again. Probably partially because that surgery really just gave him borrowed time, and partially because he worked so fucking hard that year or so.

Then he walked out, came back, and went out for good with one hell of a match with Rock.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So somebody died of the Coronavirus. Uhhhhh... Should we be concerned about public gatherings?

You're probably going to get that shit tbh, it's like the flu. Unless you are older or on immunoblockers, you'll probably just feel like you got the flu and recovered. 

At this point, the cat's out of the bag. The response of certain world government leaders to the pandemic pretty much insured that it would get out. Just wash your damn hands and fist bump folks, maybe wipe your nasty-ass touchscreen on your phone every once in awhile. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Whatever do you mean??

The germs that you have on the touchscreen of your phone are a big part of potentially infecting you with an illness. Disinfect it every once in awhile. 

Unless you're using a flip phone, in which case, I salute you because those are dope and you have some old-school style. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So somebody died of the Coronavirus. Uhhhhh... Should we be concerned about public gatherings?

You'll be fine.

Source - my wife is a RN, her friends are nurses, family members are nurses. Your bigger issues will be if you have to go to the ER for something and it's packed with people thinking every cough or stuffy nose means they have the coronavirus.

18 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

The germs that you have on the touchscreen of your phone are a big part of potentially infecting you with an illness. Disinfect it every once in awhile. 

Unless you're using a flip phone, in which case, I salute you because those are dope and you have some old-school style. 

I am still rocking a flip phone. Which means both my kids make fun of me anytime I answer my phone......

Just watched a show from about 5 years ago,Kiln Mississippi. Shane Douglas,Bullet Bob Armstrong and Faroh of Phunk were in the ring dancing to "Jigga Juice"...