DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Demonizing marijuana for nearly a century to the point where people still think it's dangerous hasn't helped. As far as the vape thing it all came down to kids using vape pens with illegal (and highly toxic) chemicals to smoke weed oil in them. Kids got sick, parents got scared, the vape industry got punished. The government wouldn't have cared if it was adults or about vaping at all if it hadn't happened. America doesn't give a shit what you do to make a profit unless they aren't getting their cut. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

This is gonna be unpopular, but I admit that I rip my vape in the bathroom stall while I poop and read this board. I do it on a different floor instead of the one I work on because there's a bunch of really young hot shit lawyers who definitely vape weed and probably do other fun things in there, so I feel like it's not really a dick move since that's the cool office anyway.

• Haha 5

I've never seen as many people vape than I have outside of N/A meetings. I'm not a smoker, asthma and all, but I do love Djarum clove cigarettes every now and then. The smell takes me back to going to local ska shows when I was in high school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

This is gonna be unpopular, but I admit that I rip my vape in the bathroom stall while I poop and read this board. I do it on a different floor instead of the one I work on because there's a bunch of really young hot shit lawyers who definitely vape weed and probably do other fun things in there, so I feel like it's not really a dick move since that's the cool office anyway.

I'm just disgusted that you ingest something into your body while also expelling another something from your body at the same time.  And in a public stall, no less!

We live in a society, you animal!

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'm just disgusted that you ingest something into your body while also expelling another something from your body at the same time.  And in a public stall, no less!

We live in a society, you animal!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I blow hella reefer vape clouds in the shower in my office bathroom. I am one of three dudes in my whole office, so I feel like I'm probably not going to get caught. 

I stay high all day, and it makes my job so much more enjoyable.

• Like 2

I knew a 20-year old woman.. just turned 20 who could buy vape products legally and then in CT (and I believe the whole U.S. now) they changed the age restriction to 21 and she has to wait nearly a whole year to be able to buy them legally again..   I had a good laugh about that. She wasn't as amused as I was but I'm not a vaper. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Serious talk though, I hope Joe isn't going through anything bad other than the repeated injuries. He's easily at the heaviest I've ever seen him. I know he's nearing the end of his career, but I hope he's able to go on some kind of strict diet like keto or something, hit the gym heavily, drop a bunch of weight, take a lot of pressure off of his knees and other joints, and make one hell of a run to finish out his career somewhere other than WWE. I don't want to think that the end of Joe's career was spent being the best promo guy in the company, being a hell of a worker, and only getting a US title run out of it while he wound up getting back to back concussions along with a suspension only to probably return and get jobbed out even more.

I think Joe was at his heaviest as he was finishing up in TNA an dropped a lot when starting in NXT. Joe's picked up a lot of injuries since joining the main roster. Shame he never beat Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship or AJ Styles for the more prestigious WWE Championship.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 12:11 AM, OctopusCinema said:

Sandman and Horace are in the ring. Series of rest hold. Horace is down and Sandman is stumbling around. Very blown out and can barely stand. What was once very loud has slowly quieted down to mere murmurs. It became apparent to everyone that Sandman was extremely drunk. There might have been a chuckle or two but the majority of the audience, myself included, was silently melancholic. Sandman trying to pick Horace up and he falls backwards on his butt like a toddler. Horace helpfully places his head under Sandman’s arm to be put in a headlock. After a series of assisted headlock oriented takedowns, Sandman finds his kendo stick again and hits Horace. Falls on top of him for the pin.

They lay there for a minute or so and everyone is avoiding eye contact. You can tell they are having a conversation ala Rock and Stone Cold after their last Wrestlemania match. 

So, everybody: What was the saddest/ most embarrassing/ highest level of awkward you’ve seen at a wrestling show?

I'm reminded of 2002 with an advertised main event of Sandman/Candido. They went and got drunk before the show so it's announced that they are not there and we get a battle royal instead with most of the wrestlers on the card. Then during it, Sandman & Candido end up showing up after all so they get sent out, in their condition, to be the final 2 and basically have their scheduled match, which was of course a mess. There would never be a second show.

• Thanks 1

Not much of a smoker. My main thing is I might have a beer or two on lunch. It’s a pretty relaxed culture for that. A camera shop in Northeast Minneapolis and we keep beers in the bottom of the film coolers. It’s generally for after work but can get pretty gray. We’ve popped some open day after snow storms when it’s super dead. I just have to be careful not to over do it. 

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Demonizing marijuana for nearly a century to the point where people still think it's dangerous hasn't helped.

I hear you can catch marijuana from door knobs and toilet seats.

wrestling is cool.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Demonizing marijuana for nearly a century to the point where people still think it's dangerous hasn't helped. As far as the vape thing it all came down to kids using vape pens with illegal (and highly toxic) chemicals to smoke weed oil in them. Kids got sick, parents got scared, the vape industry got punished. The government wouldn't have cared if it was adults or about vaping at all if it hadn't happened. America doesn't give a shit what you do to make a profit unless they aren't getting their cut. 

This is a great example why I am pretty much on #TeamKilldozer at this point.

Hey, New Japan cancelled all their shows for the first half of March because of the coronavirus.

Anyone going to Mania week - which normally ends up giving a bunch of people some sort of virus even in a good year - at the very least, bring some hand sanitizer.

12 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Hey, New Japan cancelled all their shows for the first half of March because of the coronavirus.

Anyone going to Mania week - which normally ends up giving a bunch of people some sort of virus even in a good year - at the very least, bring some hand sanitizer.

We’re going through a pretty rough period right now... Stay tuned!