DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It says Join Dark Order. You can tell because of the Os and Rs being the same. But Sami Callihan's twitter is all binary gibberish right now (because he went into a cybersulk after losing the Impact World title to Tessa Blanchard), so 2+2=5 Sami is the exalted one.

For anyone who actually joined, is there a Leave Dark Order option, once you're in? Because if you were expecting your secret leader to be Matt Hardly and it turned out to be Sami Gallivant, I can see how you might quit.

Autocorrects but I'm not arsed.

6 hours ago, Custos said:

Oh, to be part of the conversation about seeing Dynamite live. When are they going to get their act together bring the crew over to Oz, or any other foreign country like UK? Although last I checked, ratings were not looking so hot for UK so they may be consolidating their US base a while longer before venturing overseas.

Yes, this post is composed entirely of entitlement and first-world problems. But dammit, surely 'overseas tour' belongs before 'fully articulated action figures' on the national wrestling promotion tech tree?

They don't do house shows. Are they just supposed to show up in Australia for one television show?

For a small promotion like Impact, and MLW having a talker like Callihan helped. I don’t like him, but crowds from those promotions respond to him.

Don’t want him in AEW. He’d just be another Janela who wants to do too much shit in the ring when he really shouldn’t.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

15 hours ago, just drew said:

FWIW, I was there last week and have never felt like I got more for my money than that show. And that includes a Wrestlemania, albeit the shitty one...

I'm gonna keep kicking myself for missing AEW in Atlanta. I mean I know they'll be back but still.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm watching the "History of the World Heavyweight Championship" documentary WWE put out years back.. First time I've watched it in years and years.

There's a bit where they talk about the dark days of the WCW title. And the voice over says something about "there were some dubious champions" while showing Jarrett, Russo, Arquette, and... Sid?!? with the belt.

Putting aside how anyone feels about Sid good or bad... The fucking WWF gave him their belt twice and even had him headline a WrestleMania. Fucking hell.

/Rant

I'll never understand how they choose who to hate.  They pretty much said AWA went out of business when they put the belt on Rick Martell, when Rick Martell might have been the best babyface wrestler in the world at the time.  Their story is not that they came into AWA like bandits in the night and stole all of their talent, it is that Rick Martell sucked, which couldn't be further from the truth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

The sudden return of the Wellness Policy suspensions is strange.

Like, did some new test come out that catches more shit? Did WWE just ignore failures for a couple years? 

I'd bet my house on the latter.

• Like 2

What I am guessing is that Joe did fail a few weeks ago when the report came out but they were going to wait till he finished up the KO/Rollings stuff.

Then he suffered two concussions in the span of like a week and they just decided "well he is gonna miss time anyway, let's have him serve his suspension"

1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

Guys what wasn't around a couple years ago that lots of wrestlers are using?

That's right

BLUE CHEW

Somebody can lose an eye

Just enter the code JOE for your first packet FREE! That's right, FREE! All you have to do is enter the promo code JOE to fill up with enough blood that your dick bursts like a bratwurst in the microwave.

• Haha 1

Just now, supremebve said:

Is weed still on their band list?  If it is, I'm not sure how Matt Riddle doesn't get piss hot 3 times a week.

Weed hasn't been on the banned list. It's a fine if you test positive for it. Synthetic weed, like Spice, is what is banned.

• Like 1

Serious talk though, I hope Joe isn't going through anything bad other than the repeated injuries. He's easily at the heaviest I've ever seen him. I know he's nearing the end of his career, but I hope he's able to go on some kind of strict diet like keto or something, hit the gym heavily, drop a bunch of weight, take a lot of pressure off of his knees and other joints, and make one hell of a run to finish out his career somewhere other than WWE. I don't want to think that the end of Joe's career was spent being the best promo guy in the company, being a hell of a worker, and only getting a US title run out of it while he wound up getting back to back concussions along with a suspension only to probably return and get jobbed out even more.