DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

12 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

My personal opinion is that I want more aliens (and mummies and time-travelers) if done well and not to excess, and less "I used to be a fan and now I am a wrestler!" or "hey, I watched lots of WoS and strong style tapes, see me fail to integrate the two styles" kickpad dudes but the world has passed me by...

- RAF

I just want aliens so we can have a Captain Kirk like character running around trying to have sex with them. 

Reading all the Cornette talk just reminded me of a guy either on here or PWO years ago saying he’d gotten a ton of Cornette’s old clothes from one of Jim’s ex girlfriends. He posted because he was seriously contemplating what to do with the clothes and wanted advice. It just popped into my head and I’m sitting in my car howling. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

OMFG guys, please don't quote 8 fucking paragraphs to add one sentence.  EDIT.  

Watch someone quote one sentence and then write eight paragraphs.

That someone is me. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Reading all the Cornette talk just reminded me of a guy either on here or PWO years ago saying he’d gotten a ton of Cornette’s old clothes from one of Jim’s ex girlfriends. He posted because he was seriously contemplating what to do with the clothes and wanted advice. It just popped into my head and I’m sitting in my car howling. 

On the new day pod, Big E mentioned he sells all his old gear and it used to be bought by the same person. 

So, creepy obsessive fans arent just for women wrestlers. 

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't get it. Cena's gonna fight a Discman? Maybe he moves up to an iPod Mini after that, and then finally goes to war with a turntable.

Stokely had a long social media storyline about someone stealing his discman.

• Like 2

I'd think being a collector with a broad scope is different than collecting lots of stuff for one person, especially what is likely expensive "game worn" merchandise. I think buying lots of game worn sweaters or sticks is different than having a collection devoted just to Gretzky or Lemieux or Crosby. (YSMV) 

Like I said, my perspective might be skewed by all the seemingly pervy fans of women wrestlers (notably joshi wrestlers) that buy merch and do things like buy them gifts from amazon wishlists. 

Edited by odessasteps

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I also don't think it's necessarily creepy. Look at how many people collect all sorts of worn jerseys across all sports, autographed jerseys, etc. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I'd think being a collector with a broad scope is different than collecting lots of stuff for one person, especially what is likely expensive "game worn" merchandise. 

Like I said, my perspective might be skewed by all the seemingly pervy fans of women wrestlers (notably joshi wrestlers) that buy merch and do things like buy them gifts from amazon wishlists. 

Here is something to think about: Don't sell your shit if you're worried enough to want to monitor who buys it. You think McDonald's employees are knocking burgers out of people's hands just because those customers frequent those particular locations?

I could see if you're a wrestler from years past who is hard up for cash, but they probably wouldn't give a shit where the money comes from anyway.

In think in Big E's case, from listening to their pod,he does not seem to be very sentimental about the business. Was not a fan growing up, doesnt want to linger around once he is done, will not keep doing it into old age. 

So, he is not going to be attached to his memorabilia the same way Kofi and Woods are, or probably most guys that grew up as fans of the business. 

(Not a condemnation of him, either. Just that he is different than a lot of current workers)

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Everybody lives?  and dies?  The exhaulted one is a killer....  killer spelled backwards RELLIK is back.   YES.  

YES spelled backwards is SEY. What’s the letter sibiling of Y? You guessed it. The letter is X. What does that stand for? SEX! What does S... E... X... Stand for? Sports Entertainment Xtreme. It’s obvious now who it is if you followed the clues. The Exalted One is Don Harris. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

YES spelled backwards is SEY. What’s the letter sibiling of Y? You guessed it. The letter is X. What does that stand for? SEX! What does S... E... X... Stand for? Sports Entertainment Xtreme. It’s obvious now who it is if you followed the clues. The Exalted One is Don Harris. 

I'm feeling quite uneasy about "sex" and "Don Harris" being in the same paragraph. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stinger12 said:

Question to anyone that has been to Dynamite.   Do they have any signings before the show? Or giveaways to the ringside? Going to show in Newark. Front row. Was wondering 

I have not been to Dynamite, but I know they have little meet & greets, but don’t expect Cody to be at these.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You idiots reminded me of this earworm, so consider this payback.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3