DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My one hope is that if Viceland somehow gets NJPW programming then it also winds up on Hulu like Viceland's other shows. 

Same, I have a real cheap Hulu subscription cause my girlfriend has Spotify but I never use it. But of course, if wishes were fishes then I'd say just bring the damn channel to YouTube TV

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Same, I have a real cheap Hulu subscription cause my girlfriend has Spotify but I never use it. But of course, if wishes were fishes then I'd say just bring the damn channel to YouTube TV

I also have YTTV and I'd want the same, but I also don't want them jacking up the price above $50 a month.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My one hope is that if Viceland somehow gets NJPW programming then it also winds up on Hulu like Viceland's other shows. 

Be cool if that happened. If New Japan wants to get serious about US Expansion they may wanna put the United States Championship on someone who can wrestle for them in the United States.

I met with the gentleman I'd mentioned in my previous post who had worked for the WWE today, We had an extremely interesting conversation. He mentioned that WWE currently has a location in Saudi Arabia that will operate similar to the performance center. He believes it will be like NXTUK but in Saudi Arabia.   He mentioned that there had been talks about broadcasting house shows on the Network but that it would be too costly to do and Vince believed that if you could pay $10 a month to see the show you wouldn't pay to buy the ticket. He also mentioned that at house shows they are much looser and the faces and heels may joke around and if they joke around on a house show and then act like they are going to kill each other on tv it wouldn't make sense.  He mentioned Vince, Stephanie, Shane, and HHH all being great to be around and that they would remember one little thing about you and always mention it when they saw you. It was there way to associate who you were.  He said that WWE usually does layoffs around this time of year as it's when benefits run out and when they do their annual raises to employees.  He believes a bunch of people will be let go between now and Mania. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Oh man, that finding one thing and associating it with the person could be hilarious

HEY VIRGIL.  HOW'S THAT BIG OL DICK, PAL?

LOL.  "Hey Lanny still sucking yourself off, what a Genius PAL"     It was more so he would say "Cleveland, this is your hometown, go Browns"   or "how are the kids"  and he would name them.   Believe it or not everything he had to say about Vince, Steph, and Shane was positive.  He did say something that I didn't expect.  Kevin Dunn's dad not only saved the burning vhs tapes, but he also used to work with vince's dad and would drive him everywhere.  Vince and Kevin would ride with them and grew up together.  Needless to say Kevin is a prick to most everyone and it is expected that once Vince goes  Kevin will be the first one fired.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Be cool if that happened. If New Japan wants to get serious about US Expansion they may wanna put the United States Championship on someone who can wrestle for them in the United States.

They could do documentary features on Puroresu, introducing it to their audience. If they do get a US tv deal, I hope they distance themselves from Ring of Honor like they did after the last MSG show.

Its It's been an interesting 6 months or so for TV deals in wrestling, I hope other promotions get good tv deals.

The mini docs are a really good idea, and they should get whoever was responsible for the Mike Tenay lucha segments in WCW to do them if they can.  

Get the little British guy that does commentary to do it.  I can't remember his name.  The guy with the Taichi pants.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

The mini docs are a really good idea, and they should get whoever was responsible for the Mike Tenay lucha segments in WCW to do them if they can.  

Get the little British guy that does commentary to do it.  I can't remember his name.  The guy with the Taichi pants.

Chris Charlton

16 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He mentioned that WWE currently has a location in Saudi Arabia that will operate similar to the performance center.

Any word on whether Bill DeMott has been sent there to run the place?  He could finally live out his dream of beheading underperforming students.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Any word on whether Bill DeMott has been sent there to run the place?  He could finally live out his dream of beheading underperforming students.

I am connected with him on Linkedin  he has been working with schools and doing assemblies about the dangers of drinking and driving. His young daughter was killed by a drunk driver not long ago.  I know he may have been shitty in the past but he seems like a decent guy now.  

• Like 6

17 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He mentioned that WWE currently has a location in Saudi Arabia that will operate similar to the performance center. He believes it will be like NXTUK but in Saudi Arabia.   

Honestly, do people in Saudi Arabia care about wrestling enough to have something like this?  I legitimately don't know.  Wrestling isn't exactly new and I kind of feel like any place that wants wrestling already have it.  The United States, Japan, Mexico, Canada and to a lesser part the UK seem to be the places who love wrestling.  Everyone else is kind of indifferent.  Spending the kind of money it would take to push this to places who have not shown much interest in wrestling seems weird to me.  Then again, there is a second XFL going on, so what do I know.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Honestly, do people in Saudi Arabia care about wrestling enough to have something like this?  I legitimately don't know.  Wrestling isn't exactly new and I kind of feel like any place that wants wrestling already have it.  The United States, Japan, Mexico, Canada and to a lesser part the UK seem to be the places who love wrestling.  Everyone else is kind of indifferent.  Spending the kind of money it would take to push this to places who have not shown much interest in wrestling seems weird to me.  Then again, there is a second XFL going on, so what do I know.

I thought the same as you to be honest. I was told that wrestling is one of the main forms of entertainment that they have over there.  Might also explain why they are throwing so much money to have WWE come in also.  I was told that the people were nice to work with but that they hate paying money. Was able to confirm Vince did in fact cut one of the feeds due to non payment. The planes being held was retailiation for it.   In saudi arabia you need an iternerary for each day you are there. Once they were held over they had to essentially create a fake itenerary for each person left. Which I was told was a major pain in the ass. 

• Thanks 1