DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

36 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wrestlemania 2021 is going to be in Los Angeles.  

Starting saving now for this and the 125 shows running that weekend

70494_WM37_logo_Final.jpg

Buzz is it will take place at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

It's all a conspiracy to cut down on mania week indie shows, by forcing them to pay extortionate California building rents.

Now I want to see PWG draw 5000 in an SRO show oceanside on Venice Beach.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I doubt that they'll give second MSG main event to either White or Okada. I think that Naito/Ibushi murder train is more likely. Or if Moxley was available I could see them doing a rematch with Naito there.

6 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

You would think Jericho will be lobbying for a spot on the card. 

You're not getting either unless the animosity has thawed a TON between now and then.

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

You're not getting either unless the animosity has thawed a TON between now and then.

If I'm New Japan and I see what AEW did first day for Newark, I try to make something happen. You don't have to have a full blown relationship for a one off match. Otherwise, I don't see the trend of dismal ticket sales here reversing.

In regards to Wrestlemania in L.A. I was hoping they’d go to Vegas first but maybe because Allegiant isn’t completed yet but L.A. is getting it first gonna be 16 years since the last one in LA. I wasn’t at last years and I’m not attending this years Mania but with LA being so close to Vegas I’ll be going next year. I hope they announce Vegas for 2022 cuz I will be at that one for sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If I'm New Japan and I see what AEW did first day for Newark, I try to make something happen. You don't have to have a full blown relationship for a one off match. Otherwise, I don't see the trend of dismal ticket sales here reversing.

By the same token, they already sold out MSG once without AEW guys.  Yeah, it was Mania weekend but they could always figure that they'll do it if they put on a real show instead of whatever Road To shows they try and run usually.  

And I still don't see anyone in NJPW Management going to the EVP's beg for permission to book Jericho and Mox in the US.