DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Riddle tweeting that Goldberg is the worst wrestler in the business isn't grabbing for the brass ring. It isn't even building up a match between the two, because if one were to take place, Riddle is basically saying it would suck.

It's also the same thing everyone jumped down Corey Graves's throat for. The difference is that the general IWC opinion agreed with RIddle and disagreed with Graves.

The WWE was biting after he did that, they showed them interacting with each other on one of Goldberg's network documentaries not long ago, its wasn't an issue until Vince decided it was just recently. I would be a different thing it they didn't acknowledge these incidents and no sold it publicly. He's definitely a HHH guy a far as I can tell so I sure he believed he could get over by having fun. It's a prick move and it isn't a good move traditionally but that's what Hunter and Shawn was doing 20 years ago, I'm sure they got a rise out of it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It has some interesting parts and is worth watching, but it's a little uneven because it was shot as a documentary in the 70s, but had a movie narrative crowbarred into it before it was released in the mid-80s.

Alabama has entered the chat.

Is Clarence with Alabama?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between Pitbull the singer, ECW's Pitbulls, and WWE's Pitbulls (Jamie Knoble & Kid Kash), he'd be Pitbull #6.

It's also the most used nickname in MMA besides "The _________ Assassin".

https://www.sherdog.com/stats/fightfinder?SearchTxt=Pitbull&weight=&association=

Pages upon pages of Pitbulls.

8 hours ago, Zartan said:

Best wrestling movie ever. 

(Body Slam Trailer)

When I was a kid, I was absolutely convinced that Dirk Benedict was Jim Cornette. I'd only ever seen black and white pictures of him in the Apter mags at that point and figured since Piper and Tama were actually wrestlers, they must have cast an actual manager as their manager.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between Pitbull the singer, ECW's Pitbulls, and WWE's Pitbulls (Jamie Knoble & Kid Kash), he'd be Pitbull #6.

Then you had Rocky Romero and Ricky Reyes as the Havana Pitbulls let’s not forget.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lostinube said:

Karate versus Pro Wrestling!

Also, California Dolls was the Japanese title of All the Marbles while Golden Bomber was the title of No Holds Barred.

And of course:

I've always heard the Foul King was good but have never seen it.

I was pretty let down by Foul King. The one good laugh I got out of the whole movie is when they mix up a gimmick fork with a real one before a match and the ensuing accidental stabbing.