DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, AxB said:

They were talking about Penelope Ford throughout the break in Sabian vs Janela. So the camera was shooting her a lot, because you line up sound and vision. And then JR said "She's got blue eyes, I just noticed". She'd been out there fifteen minutes!

Between that, calling a woman a "jezebel" in 2020, and again giving Excalibur shit for calling moves correctly, Ross is really wearing thin.

• Like 2

Fozzy has an extensive tour this spring/summer I believe, so I'd think Mox is gonna win the title. I also think it's the smart thing to do. Maybe the Inner Circle screws him at Revolution and then Mox wins it at DoN. It'd be a mistake to pass over Mox for Allin. And I like Allin. I think he money might be in a Mox/Allin "who's crazier" battle with Allin finally taking him down at the next Full Gear. 

Just now, Technico Support said:

Excalibur referred to Moxley as "the Big Boss" in an awesome Metal Gear reference.

I caught that as a big fan of Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater.

• Like 2

It was a great show for the most part, but obviously things are evolving and I'd be surprised if I'm still seeing Sabian and Janela on my screen in a few months. I'm not really seeing a lot in those guys. I don't really understand why they're regularly  on the main show and guys like Spears (who I think is pretty good midcard value tbh) and Sonny Kiss can't get on it. I am also going to agree with Cornette (I know, I know, lol) that Sabian should have been wearing a neck brace this week - I think it would have made him coming out to see Cody get lashed work better.

Baker feels like she is maybe finding her groove. But they're still weeding out the Dancing Homers for sure.

I guess Daniels is the favourite to be the Dark Order exalted one. I don't think they've decided though.

I don't mind Sabian and Janela all that much, but IMO I don't think Janela has recovered since Moxley interrupted his interview or whatever the hell that was. Moxley came off as so big league, and Janela looked like an underneath jobber. So when Kip Sabian and Janela go against each other to move along their own program, it feels like a throwaway midcard match from a WWF Raw in 1995. Some heat but not that much heat because Janela is not really seen as a serious threat. That's a big problem when two guys are feuding over one guy stealing the babyface's girl. If the babyface gets exposed as not being credible in the eyes of the fans, how is the babyface going to get any reaction? Hell, if he didn't do the sight gag last week, the fans would have been dead silent for the entire match instead of just stretches of the match.

I was wondering if they would get lucky and do a big number because doing so would bode very well for them coming off such a strong episode where they basically setup the next 2 weeks of TV. 

EDIT: I also wondered why they were up in viewers and down in the demo, but I forgot about all of the impeachment coverage.

Edited by Craig H

Another way to look at would be that NXT viewership jumped for an episode where she was advertised, but there's no reason to give her all (or even any) of the credit as one number tells us very little. Of course the guy who likes to call other people trolls is just trolling, so it really doesn't merit any deeper thought than that. And this is the AEW folder, so I doubt people in this part of the board care about his throbbing hate-on for Charlotte. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's also interesting how much they are leaning into "JR fucks up names all the damn time"

I was gonna mention JR saying Re: Scorpio Sky "I didn't call him 2 Cold Scorpio, at least I know better than that" or somesuch. If he's gonna do it at least let them and himself laugh at him for it.