DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 2/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

They could get some mileage out of UE/New Day but I'm not sure who loses that feud without looking bad. I think the issue will be that Undisputed Era is based around winning and keeping titles and outside of the tag titles I don't know how many they'll be in the running for on the main roster. Adam Cole challenging Brock or Drew McIntyre would be fun to watch but it'd take work to make it believable. Also, I just pictured Lesnar taking the Panama Sunrise and it was a hilarious visual.

Dream's new entrance graphic friggin' rules. I would love it if they kept doing it just like that -- the three-lens glasses cue, light go out, and Dream appears from nowhere. It really stands out. No matter what, though, they need to sell that on a shirt yesterday so I can get yelled at for buying a wrestling t-shirt despite being in my 40s.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Dream's new entrance graphic friggin' rules. I would love it if they kept doing it just like that -- the three-lens glasses cue, light go out, and Dream appears from nowhere. It really stands out. No matter what, though, they need to sell that on a shirt yesterday so I can get yelled at for buying a wrestling t-shirt despite being in my 40s.

Dream's 3 three-lens graphic is very much his version of the Triforce. I can easily see him transitioning it into Olympics-ish rings when the Olympics rolls around.

Poor Fish got cut AGAIN. Did he yell out motherfucker while on the floor?

Devlin is such an odd fish, he takes 10 minutes to warm up then suddenly he's living up to the accolades.

Bianca/Rhea/Charlotte was surprisingly great. Most charisma I've seen from Bianca ever and it came off natural. Bianca just pacing in the background all indignant was gold.

The Bro-mobile should have had green smoke constantly spouting from it.

If they break up UE, I don't think Roderick Strong would want to move up (even thou he'd probably be the most successful of the group). Seems he'd want to stay in NXT (with family and less traveling).

EDIT: Johny BlahBlahBlah

Edited by turk128

^ I'm cool with Roderick Strong staying in NXT, he's the best wrestler from the Undisputed Era.

Fancy Adam Cole to drop the NXT championship to Tommaso Ciampa and Kyle O'Reilly/Bobby Fish to lose the NXT Tag Team Titles at NXT TakeOver: Portland. This leads to Undisputed Era called up to the main roster on the post WrestleMania XXXVI Smackdown.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, the only way I see Undisputed Era staying around longer is if they bring in new blood... which would only extend the deadline until they do the implosion angle.

As is, I can't picture them doing  a convincing implosion angle with the current group. Unless they want to turn Roderick face on their way out by backstabbing him despite his loyalty and hard work.

I could see Strong and Fish transitioning to player-coach types in Orlando. I wouldn't mind O'Reilly sticking with Cole when they decide to move him to RAW or Smackdown - he's got such a goofy heel charisma that I'd hate to see him get lost in the shuffle as a solo act in NXT, and I assume the company's still high enough on Cole that he'll be a big deal wherever they put him.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Fancy Adam Cole to drop the NXT championship to Tommaso Ciampa and Kyle O'Reilly/Bobby Fish to lose the NXT Tag Team Titles at NXT TakeOver: Portland. This leads to Undisputed Era called up to the main roster on the post WrestleMania XXXVI Smackdown.

With Dream back I wonder if they don't just have Dream run through Strong and take the belt off of Cole on WM weekend instead of Ciampa getting the belt back. There really isn't much there for Ciampa as champ again right now aside from a rematch with Finn on a bigger stage.

• Like 1

That makes lots of sense seeing as how Ciampa has actively said he does NOT want to go to Raw or Smackdown. (If those promos were real, then I'm guessing his short stint up there spooked him good.)  

It would make sense for Cole to beat him in Portland via some fuckery, and get beat clean in Tampa by Dream.   Leads to UE moving up and Ciampa turning on Dream and going back to heel, where that bald fuck should be.   

Let them feud over the belt for the Spring. Maybe bring in Gargano and Balor. 

Eventually TUE will have to move on. They've all been in NXT for nearly the entire duration of their contracts. All 4 guys are going to wind up probably getting offered close to a million each to stay especially if the Revival were supposedly offered $700k.