DVDVR Message Board

Super ShowDown III - 2/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

No one is saying that, dummy. 

Huh? This makes no sense at all. He didn't slow his body breaking down at all. Even then he was still having good to great matches on PPV and good matches on TV. By the time his run was coming to an end, WWE had a ton of tremendous workers (from Jericho to Eddie to Benoit to Angle) as opposed to when he came in to WWF and WWF's roster was barren and top heavy as hell. 

Cause you are. You already conceded three or four points cause you're talking out of your ass.

Oh sweet. Name calling. What're you, fucking twelve? Fuck off. 

Just now, just drew said:

ok. bye.

I never seen a man have a meltdown about nothing, concede all his points when he realized he didn't make one ounce of sense, and then have another meltdown when someone called him out for being a dummy. Well until now.

Goldberg is headed to Friday Night SmackDown, and he’s bringing the Universal Title with him.

The WWE Hall of Famer sent shockwaves through the sports entertainment world when he defeated “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt at WWE Super ShowDown. Instead of who’s next, the WWE Universe will be wondering what’s next for Goldberg as he heads into his second reign as Universal Champion.

Will “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt reemerge to confront the first man to stop his twisted rampage? Or will Goldberg target a new member of Team Blue?

Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown on FOX at 8/7 C to catch the new Universal Champion’s next move.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/new-universal-champion-goldberg-live-on-friday-night-smackdown

It would make me very happy if we get a Fiend-Goldberg rematch at Elimination Chamber and we get to do this dance again in a little over a week's time. 

For maximum drama, have Goldberg drop the title right back to Bray so we get people losing their minds over the pointless flip-flopping. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

4 way  - Cena/Roman/Goldberg/Fiend would work for me.

Cena could believably break the record. Fiend doesn't drop another fall and we don't have to see him do too much. Goldberg isn't so much as a liability. Roman still goes over and the match feels fresh. Between the 2 part timers and the 2 active guys, they can carry the program evenly, rather than 2 matches where it's only one guy there every second week.

Reigns/Goldberg feels like what they tried to do with the Taker match 3 years ago. 

36 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is Goldberg the only WCW act to be protected by Vince?

Lex Luger maybe? Anderson & Blanchard?

But yeah, anyone from WCW after the death of WCW was there to remind everyone who won the war.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Speaking of things that aged spectacularly well, Goldberg in WCW is absolutely amazing to watch now. He was sloppy, but he was so explosive, so charismatic, so God damn impossibly strong, and so fucking over that even in early 2001, he was the best thing in wrestling.

what

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is Goldberg the only WCW act to be protected by Vince?

I’d argue that by firing Bagwell, Vince protected him from having the wresters’ court guys teabag him or shit on his gear every week. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

FWIW, I was fine with either Fiend vs Roman or Goldberg vs Roman at WM, but I preferred Fiend vs Roman with Fiend getting some kind of a rub from beating Goldberg. I always figured that Roman would have knocked the Fiend's mask off with a superman punch, de-powering the Fiend, and then Roman hit's the super spear for the finish.

Has anyone asked why Roman Reigns is having yet another coronation?  I like the guy and okay he's popular I guess..  however that is gauged in 2020 but at the end of the day I can't help but feel  "WHO CARES?" 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Were you in a coma in 2001?

Ok, now I am thinking about the trial sketch with Carl "The Tooth" Williams from In Living Color.

Carl: Man, sometime within that whole round, I was put into a coma.

Lawyer: And when did you come out?

Carl: Hopefully, soon.

This dude is making up his own form of wrestling history.

25 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

He had like one match in 2001.

I think Brian means when they were doing that shit where they were taking all the stars off TV and when Eric was going to presumably get ownership, he was going to bring everyone back. He was one of the last absolutely over people in WCW at the miserable end.

8 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Goldberg vs Roman Reigns sounds a lot better on the WM card than fat Bray Wyatt in a Halloween mask no-selling everything vs Roman Reigns.

Goldberg and Roman aren't exactly going to tear the house down and whoever wins they've won a hundred times before. 

These discussions have devolved into "Well that thing over there would have sucked way worse than this other thing that's also going to suck.." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

So how would yo have ended the Fiend's reign?

Really.. is this how we're doing this?  "Guys listen.. there was no other way than to put over a 53-year old part timer.  There's nobody else."  Except for the 100+ guys they have under contract for what reason? 

I guess the defense is "they aren't Goldberg.."   Yup because WWE has shit the bed with each and every one of them. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/new-universal-champion-goldberg-live-on-friday-night-smackdown

It would make me very happy if we get a Fiend-Goldberg rematch at Elimination Chamber and we get to do this dance again in a little over a week's time. 

For maximum drama, have Goldberg drop the title right back to Bray so we get people losing their minds over the pointless flip-flopping. 

Actually, this might make sense. The Saudi crowd got to go home happy and see a big star get a big title win. Have Bray win it back at EC, and go back to your regularly scheduled programming, with either Roman vs. Bray or Cena vs. Bray. Goldberg can face whoever isn't fighting for the title.

Frankly,I'd be more interested in seeing Goldberg vs. Cena than Goldberg vs. Roman.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Goldberg is bring protected because they haven't managed to build anyone that can move numbers as well as he can. Which is a stunning indictment of their booking the last twenty years.

Well here's my question, is Goldberg actually moving the needle?

I'm not a huge Conor McGregor fan, but I can see why the UFC wants to freaking book him in a title match in every division. When he fights, other than maybe Khabib right now, he's their top global draw.

When Goldberg puts on a shit show like this, does it actually move the needle in a meaningful way?