DVDVR Message Board

This is Raw's Brutality! - 2/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Was Ruby really so good in the indies because she has shown nothing hinting towards that level of talent in WWE or NXT. 

She has good chemistry with Charlotte, judging from their 2018 Fastlane match and then having a surprisingly strong 85-second Beat the Clock match on Raw last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I keep telling y'all, Montez can be the face of WWE. He does so many little things right and he's just dripping with charisma. Sadly, WWE has missed just about easy layup imaginable so I expect they'll fuck up Montez too, but this guy is the future.

He's so awesome.

• Like 4

Bianca Belair.  She does have a title match this week but I mean come on,  she has about as much of a chance as Ricochet does in Saudi.  She shouldn't go over Rhea Ripley,  not now of course because Rhea is red hot but that begs the question why has she had so many title opportunities where it's clear as day she's just there to do the job?  

I'm sure someone in the back thought she'd be fine because look how many people she eliminated in the Rumble but no.. she's not fine.  She has a reputation of failing when it matters most. 

I'm starting to think they view her as a good talent that can put other people over and that's the absolute dumbest thing they should be thinking because she has a star quality and they are failing to capitalize on it. No surprise either.  

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bianca Belair.  She does have a title match this week but I mean come on,  she has about as much of a chance as Ricochet does in Saudi.  She shouldn't go over Rhea Ripley,  not now of course because Rhea is red hot but that begs the question why has she had so many title opportunities where it's clear as day she's just there to do the job?  

I'm sure someone in the back thought she'd be fine because look how many people she eliminated in the Rumble but no.. she's not fine.  She has a reputation of failing when it matters most. 

I'm starting to think they view her as a good talent that can put other people over and that's the absolute dumbest thing they should be thinking because she has a star quality and they are failing to capitalize on it. No surprise either.  

How else can they capitalize on Bianca Belair? If she doesn’t get a title shot it could be seen as a waste but the fact she IS getting one is also a waste? In this thread alone, I’ve seen Ruby Riott, Bianca Belair, Montez Ford and Liv Morgan described as wrestlers that “deserve better”. The idea that everyone deserves it is the reason why the detestable concept of 50/50 booking exists. If everyone is special...then no one is special. And even when WWE tries to do something with these wrestlers it’s still not seen as good enough. The fact is, not everyone can be pushed straight to the top at the same time and someone’s gotta put over the actual chosen ones. And I’m glad they’ve actually decided to strike when the iron is hot for once and Rhea is their chosen one. If Bianca or Io or Shayna or Charlotte or whoever has to be sacrificed for that greater good then so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This company just really loves taking smiles off faces, don't they? Last week, Edge is doing his comeback promo, everyone's happy, Orton comes out and says let's be friends again, everyone's happy, and then they do a heel turn and beatdown to send them home pissed off. Then this week, Liv Morgan gets a win with the Product Placement, Ruby Riott makes a big babyface return, everyone's happy to see the babyfaces being happy together, and... heel turn! Piss the fans off!

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't want to bring up other companies vs WWE differences in here, but this has more to do with crowds than the product. I know many of us have said, but I hate the WHAT chants when people are talking. It's been forever since Steve Austin did the WHAT? stuff and it's so weird that it persists today. I like it when I watch damn near any other promotion and don't hear the WHAT chants. Normally it doesn't bug me, but it was especially intrusive during the Garza/Humberto stuff. If you took this segment and put it into any other company, it's probably getting over with the crowd. Instead, people immediately shit on the segment with WHAT chants until they just wind up going silent. Then when you watch it on TV, it makes it look uninteresting or boring.

They lean very heavily into the "WHAT" chants by scripting every promo to have awkward, inorganic pausing. They could very easily shut them down just by having people speak normally, or just change the cadence. No idea why they won't - they had no problem having the ring announcers switch it up to try to kill off the "one fall" stuff.

It's especially fucked up and shitty when they send their Foreign Heels out there to speak another language and then lean into the "WHAT" stuff. Just makes wrestling look as racist as it is.

On another note - is it my imagination or did they slow Aleister Black's theme down very slightly? Is there anything they do right that they won't fuck up later?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

They lean very heavily into the "WHAT" chants by scripting every promo to have awkward, inorganic pausing. They could very easily shut them down just by having people speak normally, or just change the cadence. No idea why they won't - they had no problem having the ring announcers switch it up to try to kill off the "one fall" stuff.

It's especially fucked up and shitty when they send their Foreign Heels out there to speak another language and then lean into the "WHAT" stuff. Just makes wrestling look as racist as it is.

On another note - is it my imagination or did they slow Aleister Black's theme down very slightly? Is there anything they do right that they won't fuck up later?

keep Undertaker around solely to come out and shut down the "What?" chant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Not enough likes for this comment.

Regarding Black's music, they removed the intro for some reason.

7 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

How else can they capitalize on Bianca Belair? If she doesn’t get a title shot it could be seen as a waste but the fact she IS getting one is also a waste? In this thread alone, I’ve seen Ruby Riott, Bianca Belair, Montez Ford and Liv Morgan described as wrestlers that “deserve better”. The idea that everyone deserves it is the reason why the detestable concept of 50/50 booking exists. If everyone is special...then no one is special. And even when WWE tries to do something with these wrestlers it’s still not seen as good enough. The fact is, not everyone can be pushed straight to the top at the same time and someone’s gotta put over the actual chosen ones. And I’m glad they’ve actually decided to strike when the iron is hot for once and Rhea is their chosen one. If Bianca or Io or Shayna or Charlotte or whoever has to be sacrificed for that greater good then so be it. 

That's an issue in itself. They have 3 brands, you're telling me they can't have more than 3 women's feuds going on at once? No of course that's not what you are saying but that's how they book. The rest of the women are left with nothing to do, the tag titles were supposed to help with this issue but for reasons unknown Asuka is still feuding with Becky and Kairi is her sidekick while this plays out.

People may not like Lana vs. Liv but at least it's something.. it's a very slight improvement on utilizing talent even if it mostly sucks and they need to move on.

So for someone like Bianca, they could be elevating her without having her lose every title feud she's been in.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They have 3 brands, you're telling me they can't have more than 3 women's feuds going on at once? No of course that's not what you are saying but that's how they book.

1. Lana vs Liv
  2. Becky vs Asuka
  3. Rhea vs Belair
  4. Knox vs Kai
  5. Naomi vs Bayley
  6. Charlotte vs Rhea?

BrokenYellowishJapanesebeetle-max-1mb.gi 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

So Mojo Rawley is the 24/7 Champion. His belt is on the line at all times, in all places. Except he had a non-title match last night. How is that even possible?

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:
  1. Lana vs Liv
  2. Becky vs Asuka
  3. Rhea vs Belair
  4. Knox vs Kai
  5. Naomi vs Bayley
  6. Charlotte vs Rhea?

BrokenYellowishJapanesebeetle-max-1mb.gi 

Yeah,  no.  Rhea and Charlotte hasn't started yet and once it does Bianca is out of the picture. So that's maybe 5 depending on whether Liv/Lana is still going on, then it's just 4. 

This doesn't help your case.  

I'm not moving the fucking goalposts at all because I was the one who mentioned Liv and Lana in the first place and said that they are doing 4 feuds at the moment.  The key part of that is "at the moment" because 90% of the time it's just 3..    Read first,  then reply.  But that seems impossible for you. ?

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not moving the fucking goalposts at all because I was the one who mentioned Liv and Lana in the first place and said that they are doing 4 feuds at the moment. The key part of that is "at the moment" because 90% of the time it's just 3..    Read first,  then reply.  But that seems impossible for you. 

I know. I thought it was hilarious that you contradicted yourself in such a small post. BTW: Your wording was "at once," not "at the moment." But thank you for the advice about reading comprehension, oh wise one. Maybe I can return the favour by explaining quotation marks. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not moving the fucking goalposts at all because I was the one who mentioned Liv and Lana in the first place and said that they are doing 4 feuds at the moment.  The key part of that is "at the moment" because 90% of the time it's just 3..    Read first,  then reply.  But that seems impossible for you. ?

Read your own post. Please show where you mentioned four feuds. 

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's an issue in itself. They have 3 brands, you're telling me they can't have more than 3 women's feuds going on at once? No of course that's not what you are saying but that's how they book. The rest of the women are left with nothing to do, the tag titles were supposed to help with this issue but for reasons unknown Asuka is still feuding with Becky and Kairi is her sidekick while this plays out.

People may not like Lana vs. Liv but at least it's something.. it's a very slight improvement on utilizing talent even if it mostly sucks and they need to move on.

So for someone like Bianca, they could be elevating her without having her lose every title feud she's been in.

• Thanks 1