DVDVR Message Board

This is Raw's Brutality! - 2/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Zelina Vega should just skip to the ending and resurrect the LWO with her in charge.

Thoroughly enjoyed Garza's debut.

There is no way Jerry Lawler wasn't absolutely repeating Vince's thoughts on NXT with Charlotte on Ripley's challenge: "she didn't want to lower herself to her level".

There was a spot where they must've ran the ropes a dozen times in that match. Good to see Angel, wasn't aware he lost the title already but hey him and Andrade vs. Humberto and Rey Rey is money. LOS RUDOS! 

They actually gave Seth's loudmouth ass a good ten minutes or so BEFORE THE MATCH to spout off. Jesus. 

Asuka was wearing a tank top cut so her tits were sticking out. I... well, I can't complain, but it was weird. 

What struck me about the show most of all though is that even though it is in geography and temperament a Western state, the Utah residents were acting very, very Midwestern in their complete no-selling of weather that could potentially end their lives all because they wanted to do something as dumb as watch Raw.

I don't want to bring up other companies vs WWE differences in here, but this has more to do with crowds than the product. I know many of us have said, but I hate the WHAT chants when people are talking. It's been forever since Steve Austin did the WHAT? stuff and it's so weird that it persists today. I like it when I watch damn near any other promotion and don't hear the WHAT chants. Normally it doesn't bug me, but it was especially intrusive during the Garza/Humberto stuff. If you took this segment and put it into any other company, it's probably getting over with the crowd. Instead, people immediately shit on the segment with WHAT chants until they just wind up going silent. Then when you watch it on TV, it makes it look uninteresting or boring. It's not though, it's an actually interesting way of keeping Vega on TV and family stuff tends to work.

Anyway, this was largely enjoyable. I was happy to see Ruby make her return. Drew continued being awesome. I wanted to see KO win that match on his own, but he got sympathy from the crowd in a losing effort. Also another example of making lemonade with Ivar (or Erik?) exiting with an injury when Joe's injury handed them lemons. Going back to Garza, this dude is someone that could be a star. I'm happy he's on Raw because it's the exact place he should be with Heyman taking an interest in building new stars. Rey did some great selling too.

• Like 1

It was nice seeing Angel Garza debut for Raw. Was never sure why they focused on Carillo when Garza is the better and more charismatic of the two.

It was nice to Ruby back. I'm curious if she is a hired gun by Lana or if they are properly branching Liv away into a new feud.

Rhea popping up was a nice surprise. Her vs. Charlotte should be good.

Asuka/Nattie was nice enough. Asuka/Becky III happening feels kind of random. I assume the Horsewomen interfere next week. I'm just curious if it will be for Shayna or Ronda.

The 6-man elimination tag was neat.

The triple threat was decent enough, but it was hard to give much of a shit between the choices of Seth, Ricochet, & Lashley.

Ruby Riott is one the best wrestlers in either brand’s women’s division, and they stick her in the middle of a soap opera storyline with Lana and Liv? I mean, I love Liv, don’t get me wrong, but Ruby is gonna have to do some big league carry jobs here.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Ruby Riott is one the best wrestlers in either brand’s women’s division, and they stick her in the middle of a soap opera storyline with Lana and Liv? I mean, I love Liv, don’t get me wrong, but Ruby is gonna have to do some big league carry jobs here.

Was Ruby really so good in the indies because she has shown nothing hinting towards that level of talent in WWE or NXT. 

• Like 1