DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Are we getting Dark early like we did the week of Full Gear?

Self quoting because we are:

• Private Party vs Cutler/Spears
  • Britt Baker vs Miranda Alize
  • Luther vs Sonny Kiss
  • Uno/Grayson vs Avalon/Nakazawa

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Not a chance. We know for a fact he frequents the Longhorn Steakhouse.

Not anymore. That place has gotta be back luck from now on.

I would have said Ribera but thought "they're probably tired of that, what's an American restaurant you go to for your birthday if you don't have a lot of money"

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Between the pyro incident and Hager having some problems with the goat, I think they should declare a moratorium on bringing pets and/or animals out in front of a live audience.

Can't blame the goat for wanting to get the fuck outta there. Would you want to be seen on National TV standing next to Jake Hager?

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm watching the actual panel, and this board gets a mention about 7 minutes in. Apparently Tony Khan wrote a bad review of a Cody vs Shelton Benjamin match.

Damn, if I wasn’t lazy I’d try to use Cagematch to pinpoint the date, and match it up with threads from the past here. Also that wasn’t that long ago. Time really flies.

Edit:

So I’m guessing it’s this match...

Would make sense. Cody was just starting out on the main roster, so he’d be curious to know what critics thought of him. Now if anybody here have archives of this forum check the RAW thread from August 20, 2007, and see which posters gave negative opinions about this match. Then try to match it up to any of the official Tony Khan written pieces to see which ones match up with the way he types.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Let's just all hope he wasn't Ripclawe.

Also, Cody was wearing a scarf to hide a new neck tattoo.

Edited by AxB

Board's been nuked at least once since then.

RIPPA hinted after the last time that he may be able to extract the archives, but I assume since I haven't heard anything about it since, there is no archive.

Which is great - I make an ass of myself often enough in the here and now that I don't need to go and relive how much worse it surely was 10 years ago.

• Like 2

I'm not surprised Tony was on here or that the Bucks and Excalibur are aware of here.

EDIT: And i just remembered Mookie works there too. Small world.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

Anybody know what's up with the Lucha Bros?  I assume injuries are what's got them out of this PPV.  Strange that both they and Santana/Ortiz are not on this show.  That said, excellent card.

Also, just watched the Excalibur/Bucks/Cody Q/A - interested to check out these Indy guys on the radar.  Aramis, whom Excalibur mentions, looks pretty fantastic.  I'd really like to see them dip a little deeper into some of that Mexican talent pool this year.  

Lucha Bros. just aren’t booked on this show. I don’t think they’re hurt(Well at least not severely. They are wrestlers after all.). They’re usually doing AAA co-promoted bookings most days of the week. 

Santana & Ortiz are kind of shit of luck right now for this PPV. I thought they might’ve been setting up a tag with Jurassic Express this past week, but I guess they don’t want to devote so much time to another match. They might make it last minute, if the booking committee realize they have 20 minutes of space they can give one more match for tonight.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm not surprised Tony was on here or that the Bucks and Excalibur are aware of here.

EDIT: And i just remembered Mookie works there too. Small world.

When TK was on Talk is Jericho, someone said he sounded like one of us, if we'd had a Billionaire for a Dad. And as it turns out, he was one of us but with a Billionaire for a Dad.

So if the next time of us  meets a Wrestler, we introduce ourselves as [board name] from DVDVR, it pretty much just means the Wrestler in question is going to think we're being marks for ourselves, right? Unless it's like Punk or Hero or someone who's acknowledged as having lurked or posted here.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

When TK was on Talk is Jericho, someone said he sounded like one of us, if we'd had a Billionaire for a Dad. And as it turns out, he was one of us but with a Billionaire for a Dad.

So if the next time of us  meets a Wrestler, we introduce ourselves as [board name] from DVDVR, it pretty much just means the Wrestler in question is going to think we're being marks for ourselves, right? Unless it's like Punk or Hero or someone who's acknowledged as having lurked or posted here.

I actually think it was me who said that. I'm still trying to jog my memory to think of who he could have been because I tend to remember people from IL or IN or MI. 

And then I think about people who were really shitty about tape trading and taking forever to send them and hope he wasn't one of those people.

He also very likely could have been someone who contributed to that huge 80s project.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Those people in Jersey are fucking. Now I’d rather go to Newark, instead of Vegas.

I'm not at the moment. Maybe after the ppv. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2