DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Feb 2020

Elsalvajeloco

I don't generally care if important bits are on BTE, but yeah that last part with Omega and Hangman really should have been on Dynamite in some form. Maybe it will be?

In reference to facing "the best tag team in the world", the Bucks, at Revolution:

Page: "We had a good run."

Omega: "We're just getting started."

Page: "We never even came up with a tag team name..."

That's just good storytelling. How serious could this team be if they never even considered team names? In theory that sounds really silly, but it's a good point. Omega is being pulled in so many directions, and he might not have even necessarily wanted to be a tag team wrestler (again) - meanwhile, Hangman is just trying to find his way in AEW since Cody is the "best talker", the Bucks are the "best tag team", and Omega is the "best wrestler".

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What if the Exalted One turns out to actually be Red Herring? We’d owe Fred an apology if that turns out to be the case.

I meant to put a picture of him earlier but was busy at work.  But that's the first thing I though of as well.

• Like 1

After they retain the tag titles...

Page: You know we never came up with a name for our team.

Omega: I got one.

Page: What’s that?

Omega: The Exalted One.

*Everybody gasp, including Page*

Page: It should actually be The Exalted Ones.

*Everybody gasp again, and then the lights go out. Lights back on, and we see the Dark Order along with Page & Omega side-by-side doing the Dark Order pose. They then gang up on the Bucks.*

Ross: My GAWD, I’m absolutely sick to my stomach right now! They fooled us boys.

Schiavone: This is the worst day in the history of our sports. 

Excalibur: Now Omega picks up Matt Jackson. Wait what’s he saying to him. OH NO, Falcon Arrow on the apron? Nobody kicks out of the Falcon Arrow.

Ross: And right on the hardest part of the ring.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 3

I’d love it to be some of the names mentioned, Super Dragon, Ultra Mantis etc would be great.

I loved the Dario Cueto suggestion and I’m secretly holding out for it be Kevin Sullivan.

But it’s gonna be Tony Khan living out his attitude era fantasies “it was me Stone-erm-Hangman, it was TK all along”

Sullivan was good as the lord of the undead realm on Impact. Although none of that was in front of a live audience, so who knows if it was take 57 or not.

It's kinda bizarre that Curtis Iaukea was 58 doing the Dungeon of Doom bit and Sullivan would be 70 in the same role.

I say that to say that I saw a portion of a shoot where Kevin is talking about the Trudy Herd angle in Florida. He somehow confused Kendall Windham with Barry Windham. That would be like confusing the Poffo brothers. 

So @AxB may be on to something.

I think it's time to push the Lucha Bros. to the moon.  Understandably they have to get through this Page/Omega/Bucks ELITE feud first but after that concludes it should be all about the Lucha Bros. in the tag division.  

I guarantee Fenix and Pentagon will be the best selling action figures out of the bunch and they could be selling tons of merch and masks right now too, maybe they already are.  Anyway,  2020 is the year of the Lucha Bros. 

• Like 1

Haha, Gronda. I just watched the Lucha Mexico doc and Jon Anderson (who I doubt is exactly a master of the ring himself) was talking shit about him getting red paint all over people and stinking up the ring. He said something like "it only takes one guy who can't go to ruin a match".